Any WR's you like in this draft?

cover-2

Reaction score
I want Florida St (WR) Kelvin Benjamin in a Seahawks uniform. I keep pounding the table for this kid and today he went off with 9 catches for 212 yards and 3 TD's. At 6-5 235 lbs. he is a super sized WR that we don't currently have on our roster. KB is a good jump ball WR, he has good body control to catch off errant passes, and he is tough to bring down. Wilson could throw jump balls to him all day long.

Here are his highlights from today.
[youtube]a8_QT8fDGlU[/youtube]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
cover-2":589eafen said:
I want Florida St (WR) Kelvin Benjamin in a Seahawks uniform. I keep pounding the table for this kid and today he went off with 9 catches for 212 yards and 3 TD's. At 6-5 235 lbs. he is a super sized WR that we don't currently have on our roster. KB is a good jump ball WR, he has good body control to catch off errant passes, and he is tough to bring down. Wilson could throw jump balls to him all day long.

I like him too. But I have a few mates who are Noles fans and they unanimously agree that he's not even the best WR on his team (at this point).

He is expected to return to Tallahassee this year. The Seminoles are packed with really talented juniors and a fair few of them are expected to return for a national title run. Benjamin is expected to return.

I really love the flashes of brilliance I've seen from him. But I've seen his bad plays too. Realistically, I'm not as prone to knock prospects for inconsistency as I am willing to give credit for flashes of special quality.

cover-2

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2rtnfp84 said:
cover-2":2rtnfp84 said:

I like him too. But I have a few mates who are Noles fans and they unanimously agree that he's not even the best WR on his team (at this point).

He is expected to return to Tallahassee this year. The Seminoles are packed with really talented juniors and a fair few of them are expected to return for a national title run. Benjamin is expected to return.

I really love the flashes of brilliance I've seen from him. But I've seen his bad plays too. Realistically, I'm not as prone to knock prospects for inconsistency as I am willing to give credit for flashes of special quality.

Yeah the argument can be made that he is not the best WR on his team, but the two other WR's are 180 lbs. (Rashad Greene) and 170 lbs. (Kenny Shaw). Shaw is just a deep threat that is raw route runner and Greene is probably best suited as a slot WR in the NFL. I am more coming from the mindset of what the Seahawks need or are currently lacking. KB is 6-5 235 lbs and shown to be a good jump ball WR, he will run through defenders and we don't currently have a player like that on our team.

Florida St is currently making a run for the national title and if they win it all this year maybe it makes him less likely to return for his junior year. I think redshirt sophomores should be considered and talked about if they are unique players that are having good years and KJB fits into that category. He would benefit for returning for one more year of college, but IMO he should still be considered in the draft discussion until he is quoted as saying he plans to returning to school next year. Texas A&M (OT) Cedric Ogbueh is considered a 1st round talent, but he has been quoted as saying he is going to return to school next year, which has caused me to take him off my 2014 draft radar.

Right now I look at KB like I did Rutgers (WR) Brandon Coleman last year. Unique player, high upside, and being a redshirt sophomore they can probably be given more leeway for being a bit raw which may push their draft stock higher than senior WR's. Coleman didn't progress like I had hoped he would and I am not nearly as high on him as I was last year. KB is a great target in the redzone and Russell Wilson is not afraid to throw it up to give his WR's an opportunity to make a play. If KB comes out next year maybe he is a top-15 prospect, but if he comes out this year he is probably a low 1st - 2nd round prospect which means we could get him at a discounted price in this draft if he declares.

I'm not trying to preach like what I am saying is gospel, I'm just giving you my argument for a unique player that I really like.

Here is some more of KB highlights from his year.
[youtube]BTkyr7Qv8mc[/youtube]