Anyone at the game - crowd noise

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I was in 332 today as usual. I remember saying to my girlfriend that the crowd wasn't as into it as usual. Thinking back there were moments when the crowd was super loud. The first defensive series we got a lot of pressure and it seemed like the south end zone was a cauldron of noise. Then the offense sputtered on the following possession and the defense and the crowd lost steam as we stumbled to a 6-0 halftime lead against a mostly inept Bears team.
The second half started with Lockets 105 yd kick return and the crowd was ready to get rolling but it seemed like the team itself the crowd wasn't as relentless as usual. I could actually hear my voice when Clausen was changing things at the line.

seahawks08

Reaction score
It was loud, will get better. I heard it, our opponent was weak today. When we start playing some tough opponents, it will get more and more louder for sure. I think this year the most loudest we would be against Arizona.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was a normal C-Link crowd in my section. Started at a 10 in the first quarter with the delay of game and the false start then faded to a 7-8 after two series, and then again to the 5-6 range in the second quarter. Our offense killed some of the crowd's enthusiasm but most of the drop off was due to the lack of urgency from the shutout. It's not a new thing for C-Link to be quieter when we are heavy favorites or have a big lead - see the Tampa bay game for an example.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Very loud in spurts. Kam got the best of the 12's in the intro, thankfully. I would have been appalled if he was booe'd by 12's. Darrell Jackson was received with open arms as the flag raiser. Loved that. We were incredibly loud in the first quarter and as the first half went on, I think we were still loud but maybe just normal loud (like most stadiums) not Volume 12 by any stretch.

I would say we 12's represented pretty well overall but there is no mistaking when it's a division rivalry or playoff game, it's Volume 12, versus today which was Volume 8. Still louder than many places, but not what we are capable of.

Fade

Reaction score
Not loud enough. I heard Clausen on multiple occasions making audibles vocally, that used to never happen in the clink. There is a bandwagon / casual element in the crowd now. I would like for Pete Carroll, and the players to call the fanbase out and say they aren't loud. That would stoke the fires, and get if back to what it used to be.

On a scale of 1-10. with the '05 NFC Championship game being a 10. I would give it a 5. The 1st series was really strong, and then :pukeface:

MNF will be really interesting because it is always loud at night. IF it is quiet on MNF then yeah we have a problem here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, that first drive it was insane loud, but dropped down during that 1st half. Probably around a 7 overall. Considering the opponent, seems like the crowd was expecting and waiting for the blowout. MNF should get it back at the normal level we are used to.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It never as loud in the 300 level. Anytime I've sat up that high, I never feel it's loud, but when you sit closer to the field you really hear how much louder it is.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I watched on TV but I thought it was pretty funny when they were talking about fan noise, and panned to the crowd, they showed one guy golf clapping and looking bored, and the other 4-5 people around him had their mouths closed.

Without being there, I'd say the opponent had more to do with it than anything. We were 14.5 point favorites, it was no real surprise here.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I was in section 339 up in the rafters. I agree that the first offensive series for Chicago we were incredibly loud and got Clausen frustrated having to make sure everyone heard the play call which turned into a delay of game. I also have to agree that the noise did go down from a lack of offensive drive from our team. Frustration was evident by the fans and then the drop by Lockette which started the booing in the first half. Some of the play calling the first half made our offense look scared in my opinion.

The crowd noise didn't get better in the second half because the offense started getting Jimmy involved and getting down the field, but for some reason we just couldn't get in the end zone for the TD. At one point in the game I had to actually encourage people to make some noise and found that I was the only one standing in the last half of the fourth quarter. It was then that I realized that people weren't going to make noise when they knew we had the win. I do believe that Monday Night Football will bring the noise for a longer period of time unless it's a blowout by us.

ram350002

Reaction score
I saw a lot of unfamiliar faces this game, seemed like a lot of regulars gave up their tickets since it was the Bears. O play the first half didn't help matters.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I was there. It seemed the crowd never really had a reason to get too in to it. Quietest game i've attended. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Team Patera

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":sa7myjje said:
Sports Hernia":sa7myjje said:
I think CBS muffles the crowd noise on their feed. I notice it every time.

Probably....I hate CBS broadcasts...I hope we dont have to play on there again
Right? Phil Simms. SMH... He was driving me nuts!

Seafan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19xe1jq9 said:

Every network does that, you wouldn't be able to hear the announcers if they didn't.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3mr00m47 said:
Sports Hernia":3mr00m47 said:

Probably....I hate CBS broadcasts...I hope we dont have to play on there again

Crowd noise > Announcers

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
It wasn't just the crowd noise. It was the lack of knowledge by some of the fans that made us sick. Steven H kicked the ball out of the end zone on all his kicks except one. Two so called fans behind me started booing and complaining he had a weak leg. Many fans so drunk they didn't know when to clap, yell, who had the ball. They said vulgar things about our QB while one wore his jersey. Besides, they were drunk and quiet, hitting on women around them. All in all, the worst game I have been to in terms of fan appreciation in 4 years.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I mentioned to my wife that I thought the crowd wasn't as loud as it has been at other games. I suppose we played down to the competition.
MNF will up the ante.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
A little late to the party but the crowd did their job in the first half. It was pretty loud when the defense was on the field. Once the game became out of hand then it died off like it normally does. Not unexpected. It'll be LOUD on Monday Night.

nash72

Reaction score
Flew out for my first game ever and was excited for the noise. Wife and I sat in the 134 section and it was jamming for a little while and then seemed calmer then we expected. Even my wife said it wasn't as loud as she expected. Don't care though. Was an incredible experience and one we will never forget.