Anyone else nervous about this game?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Aros":3m3gwlyy said:
If any Seahawks fan says they don't have even a twinge of fear/nervousness, they are lying.

And the same goes for Niner fans too.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Aros":26s4qx0a said:
If any Seahawks fan says they don't have even a twinge of fear/nervousness, they are lying.

Agreed. Nothing is given. We have our work cut out for us. I'm not shook, but have to atleast acknowledge the level of competition.

Lanakila

Reaction score
I am definetly nervous but the thought I'm using to help keep it together is that SF didn't do all that great against Green Bay at home and accomplished most of it with two receivers. We have a better defense and a much better secondary. That's as much as I've got but it helps.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think fans think it's an assault on their character if they admit to being nervous before a big game. I think it's being human.

We're not robots, only Russell Wilson is.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'm more anxious than nervous...

Ready to get the ass whooping started!

Go Hawks!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm nervous that we might lose because it'll cause me to explosively vomit every time I see a 49ers fan make fun of us for it if we do drop this game to them. Plus, it'd be the first home game (preseason included!) that Russell Wilson will have lost at home in his NFL career.

CAN'T HAPPEN.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Lanakila":2ep6n6fb said:
I am definetly nervous but the thought I'm using to help keep it together is that SF didn't do all that great against Green Bay at home and accomplished most of it with two receivers. We have a better defense and a much better secondary. That's as much as I've got but it helps.

IMO not so sure that our defense is better than theirs. Our secondary is definately but overall I think it's pretty close to even.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'm not nervous, just excited. I expect good things to happen, and I believe they will. Dwelling on the negative benefits no one.

I'm doubly excited because I get to go to the game! Saweeeeeeet! :0190l: :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2xzvapol said:
We are boned if we lose (statistically, I'm guessing the swing in the probably of winning the division is probably 40 points for this game. Maybe something like 55% to 15%), and we could lose this game with bad luck. We are like the Poker player who has 70% odds to win but is ALL IN. He should feel pretty good about his chances, but he should be nervous too.

I think we win, I just don't think it will be comfortable this time. Harbaugh has some tricks up his sleeve. I hope Pete does too. But Harbaugh is one of the scarier X's and O's masterminds in the NFL, so if I'm nervous, that's the source of it.

I'm actually more worried from a matchup perspective.

How does our interior OL hold up against their DL ?
How does Thurmond match up against Boldin ?
Can our LBers ever cover a TE, and how bad will Davis rip us up?
Can our dinged up interior DL stop their trap run game ? They love to run it up the middle, can we stop it ? If not, they're going to get us with PA as well.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Not to hijack but the Mayweather/Canelo fight that I'll be watching tonight will help to take the nerves away.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm getting less and less nervous the closer we get to the game.

Did you know that the Carolina defense we just faced finished the season ranked higher than 8 of San Francisco's last 9 opponents?

No prizes for guessing who the 9th defense was. Seattle is a step up (actually, 10 steps up) from anybody they've faced in that time.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm incredibly nervous. We have everything to lose this week and we didn't exactly make a strong showing in Carolina. This is the hardest game of the 49ers season, if they check this challenge off their to-do list in week 2, the nation will crown them Monday morning and we'll be playing second fiddle aaaaallllll year long.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I have the same feeling for this game as I do every game. Nothing is given, everything is earned.

Not saying the Niners aren't tougher opponents than some we may face, just saying that I expect a win every week. Can never underestimate or overlook an opponent.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
kearly":2eim8bzl said:
We are boned if we lose (statistically, I'm guessing the swing in the probably of winning the division is probably 40 points for this game. Maybe something like 55% to 15%), and we could lose this game with bad luck. We are like the Poker player who has 70% odds to win but is ALL IN. He should feel pretty good about his chances, but he should be nervous too.

I think we win, I just don't think it will be comfortable this time. Harbaugh has some tricks up his sleeve. I hope Pete does too. But Harbaugh is one of the scarier X's and O's masterminds in the NFL, so if I'm nervous, that's the source of it.

If we lose this game, I can't believe that we are only a 15% odds to win the division. With 14 games left to play, there's a lot that can happen!

Don't get me wrong, I agree that this game is about as important of any early regular season game that we've played but it's still early. And if we lose, I give us a better than 15% chance to go 13-3, beat SF in SF and take the division.