• CB Caleb Farley (back)
Questionable
  • C Aaron Brewer (ankle)
  • G Daniel Brunskill (ankle)
  • QB Will Levis (ankle)
  • TE Trevon Wesco (shin)
  • TE Josh Whyle (knee)
  • TE Chig Okonkwo (illnesss)

Sounds like Walker should be good to go and Evans is making the trip in hopes he can go so I’d guess he’s going to be ready. Witherspoon wasn’t able to do much today so I am thinking he won’t be ready. Brian sounds like an ongoing issue but should be ready to go

For the Titans Levis is listed as questionable but I saw a report on NFLN this morning that he would t be starting this week so I guess we will have to wait and see for sure there.

renofox

Reaction score
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/12/...eahawks-game-will-levis-questionable-nfl-news

According to this, Titans have lost 9 of their snap leaders on defense including those out injured this week, recently placed on IR or waived for being assholes.

Geno should put up a 40-burger!

With Adams on the bench again (more likely at home on the couch) the defense should be OK. I hope Love's wife gives birth tonight so he can join the team Sunday! But Bryant should be OK in his place.

Jville

Reaction score
No fing way. DJ Dallas is just way too dynamic. At least in PC's head.

Injury delayed McIntosh. Since his activation, there has been no urgency to get him on the field.

There is also a numbers thing. If McIntosh doesn't get on the field for a sufficient number of games/plays, the team realizes an additional year of so called team control.

DJ is finishing out his rookie contract. Time enough for McIntosh to play over the life of his rookie contract. DJ is not under contract for next year. McIntosh is under contract for next year and beyond.

I think it's playing out ok. But then again, I have no axe to grind.

renofox

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure under the current CBA his contract is not subject to tolling (extending the contract automatically by considering the year as not fulfilled) when on IR. Tolling is only applied when being placed on PUP or NFI status.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement

I could be wrong, but I think KMac was on IR and this year will count as a fulfilled year whether he gets snaps or not.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
If you hold for a minimum of 5 return attempts, DeeJay is top 10 in both punt and kick return averages. Why do we think he is so terrible?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you hold for a minimum of 5 return attempts, DeeJay is top 10 in both punt and kick return averages. Why do we think he is so terrible?
I don’t think he’s terrible at all. I think he’s mediocre/average. I would like to see someone back there that can really hit some big runs with some sort of regularity. Deejay is consistent but he doesn’t have that special something to put him over the top. We saw Eskridge take over punt returns a few games and had a couple nice run backs. He obviously can’t stay on the field but I’d like to see someone a little more dynamic out there. Of course they still have to be able to have excellent ball control because fumbling in special teams can be a game changer.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s terrible at all. I think he’s mediocre/average. I would like to see someone back there that can really hit some big runs with some sort of regularity. Deejay is consistent but he doesn’t have that special something to put him over the top. We saw Eskridge take over punt returns a few games and had a couple nice run backs. He obviously can’t stay on the field but I’d like to see someone a little more dynamic out there. Of course they still have to be able to have excellent ball control because fumbling in special teams can be a game changer.
That's fair, I just see so many guys claiming he 'sucks' but he's been consistently good. Like you said, he's just not great. Most guys above him in the top 10 of P/Rs and K/Rs have a much better 'long'. His best PR this year is like 30-something.

So, he's definitely not a homerun hitter, I just see so many who think he's actually bad.

Pete probably prefers DeeJay for exactly this reason, honestly. He's not likely to hit that PR touchdown but he manages to be consistently top 10 without those.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
That's fair, I just see so many guys claiming he 'sucks' but he's been consistently good. Like you said, he's just not great. Most guys above him in the top 10 of P/Rs and K/Rs have a much better 'long'. His best PR this year is like 30-something.

So, he's definitely not a homerun hitter, I just see so many who think he's actually bad.

Pete probably prefers DeeJay for exactly this reason, honestly. He's not likely to hit that PR touchdown but he manages to be consistently top 10 without those.
I do like the consistency and have always rooted for Deejay but I really think we could find someone who can both hit the home run and have great ball control to put back there. Pete seems to play it safe with this position which has its pros and cons. As a fan though I really want a special teams TD return.

Ozzy

Reaction score
My word Tenn was a 5 win team AND decimated by Injuries. They played better than they should have.