Anyone Else Surprised We Didn't Get One Sack Yesterday

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Add in our offense not putting up points making the opposing team need to abandon the game plan too.

titan3131

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3v5uic8q said:
Uncle Si":3v5uic8q said:
marko358":3v5uic8q said:
6 sacks through 4 games, tied for 3rd worst in the NFL. It's the one defensive stat I would like to see improve, even over turnovers. Seeing the opponent getting more 3rd and 14 vs 3rd and 4 would limit the amount of time our defense is on the field. We would be killing their drives a lot sooner.

That being said, I'm just being nitpicky. The defense is playing lights out right now.

Really they are... QBs aren't holding the ball long and the underneath and over the top coverage has been fantastic. If QBs want to start waiting for guys to pop open they will start getting hit.

Right now, the pass rush, while not getting sacks, is really strong.

This is basically how I feel. Opponents are well aware that the we have an elite pass rush. They are game-planning and calling plays to get the ball out of the QB's hands very quickly. Which is why we saw a ton of RB screens, short dump offs, and quick passes by Detroit last night.

Well snap, I guess im going to tell all the broncos opponents that they have a elite dline too. Maybe they will get less sacks after I blow the whistle on them.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I thought the pass rush was awful the other night. But then we were rushing as few as three guys some of the time and daring Stafford to throw. And it worked until the final drive.

Our best rush tactic aside from Bennett being Bennett at the moment is Bobby Wagner on a blitz. Not sure what's happened to pre-season Frank Clark.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Uur defense had at least six either almost-sacks, almost-forced fumbles, Almost-interceptions, or batted balls in the game. A lot of Stafford's throws were hurried. And we had one forced fumble.

- Wagner snagged Stafford but whiffed on a sack coming unblocked.
- Avril tipped Stafford’s arm for an almost-forced sack-fumble.
- Avril batted ball.
- Wright almost-interception on a jumped route.
- Clark with a near-sack resulting in a throwaway.
- Williams and Chancellor with a great pass defense that had an opportunity to be intercepted. Looks like Williams actually broke up what could easily have been a Chancellor interception on the play.
- One great forced fumble by Chancellor.

Latest posts