Didn't get to watch the game

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Didn't get to watch a single down, but saw they won in OT. I take it the offense went off, but how did the defense look. Was there improvement with the pass rush? Did the secondary play more man? Just curious. Trying to find highlights now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They forced 3 turnovers. They also had two 4th down stops, one was a nice knockdown from Spoon. Pass defense was rough, but the run defense is much improved. #3 in the league right now.
Geno made a really boneheaded play, late 4th quarter (took a 17 yard sack instead of throwing it out of bounds) but came back nails in OT. They won the toss and went down and got the game winner. Converted 3 third down plays. Game winner to Tyler. Tyler and DK were damn good. Detroit tried to get DK riled up, he didn't say a word. He messed up his ribs but came back later. Owusu was a beast.
Tre Brown had a sack and a pick 6 on back to back plays. Brooks was insane good. Spoon did some good stuff and made a couple mistakes, pretty standard for first ever game. They did start to get some pass rush in the second half.
The most shocking thing was the O Line. They were VERY good. Only gave up one sack all game, and that was on Geno.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They forced 3 turnovers. They also had two 4th down stops, one was a nice knockdown from Spoon. Pass defense was rough, but the run defense is much improved. #3 in the league right now.
Geno made a really boneheaded play, but came back nails in ot. We won the toss and they went down and got the game winner.
Tre Brown had a sack and a pick 6 on back to back plays. Brooks was insane good. Spoon did some good stuff and made a couple mistakes, pretty standard for first ever game. They did start to get some pass rush in the second half.

Thanks Soul. Damn, I forgot Spoon was playing. Wish I could have watched him play his first game. Sounds like things might be getting sorted which is good.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Some really good effort, nice plays sprinkled in between about what you would expect in this young defense, still trying to find their way. They look like a 25 ranked D with the potential for 15th or so if they keep growing as a unit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One more thing, when you watch the replay, you won't believe the "intentional grounding" call. One of the worst calls of all time.
Also, I'm not sure I've ever seen Pete that pi**ed off. He was losing his mind. Justified too.
Hawks got the ball with a little over 4 minutes left and a 3 point lead. They called 3 straight pass plays. Really dumb, just my opinion. Run the damn ball and make them use their timeouts.

Also, forgot to mention that Jason Meyers missed TWO more FG's.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Dont forget, Charbs got a few carries and he produced. We have a great stock of running backs now. WE have the power now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Defense was still very sloppy at times, but overall an incremental improvement over last week's awful showing. More physical, more contested throws in pass coverage, and still above average in stopping the run.

Still a lot to clean up though. But against a very good Lions offense with some elite playmakers? Solid performance.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meyers was kicking wide left all game. First one was way outside left. Second was just outside left, and one of the extra points was just inside left. Was driving me crazy, lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the boneheaded play by Taylor. Blasts Goff way after the play, and he clearly isn't even holding the ball.