Anyone watching the Combine Today?

GemCity

Reaction score
You didn't miss anything. I was just saying how the 40 yard dash is a dumb measurement for football. Ever see any wr get in the 40 yard dash stance in football? They should have stand up and have to chuck a inflatable dummy at the start then run the 40. šŸ˜‚
I too think itā€™s overhyped. I think the cones, vertical, and long jump (explosiveness) are more valuable.

Some guys can run like the wind but when you add the agility component, they donā€™t look nearly as good.

This is an odd and somewhat arbitrary number but, a 20-30 (25) yard dash would make more sense to me as burst would factor in more vs top end speed.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Some past 40 notables in no particular order.
Bo Jackson 4.13
Randy Moss 4.25
Deion 4.27
Tariq Woolen 4.26
Chris Johnson 4.24

nwHawk

Reaction score
šŸ¤£. Reminds me of that track star the Seahawks had back in the day. Can't remember his name. Fast as the wind but couldn't catch worth a darn. šŸ¤£
Darrell ā€œburnerā€ Turnerā€¦?

OP
OP
D

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Some past 40 notables in no particular order.
Bo Jackson 4.13
Randy Moss 4.25
Deion 4.27
Tariq Woolen 4.26
Chris Johnson 4.24
Some fast number for sure. But there are guys like Julian Edelman, Cooper Kupp, Gronk, Danny Amendola, and Puka Nacua who were considered slow but were superstars of the game. I think Belichick used the cone and shuttle drills to take guys no one wanted and turned them into stars of the game.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Worthy is actually a good wr, his numbers were a little down this year but he was always a solid WR. Definitely a take if he was around in the 2nd, and if we had a pick then or a need for a WR

irfuben32

Reaction score
That's him! šŸ‘

I will never forget Bates because he made this play as a gunner on a kick where he hit the guy right as he caught the ball and forced a fumble then the ball bounced right to him and he recovered it on like the five yard line. I have looked for it on youtube but can't find it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
šŸ¤£. Reminds me of that track star the Seahawks had back in the day. Can't remember his name. Fast as the wind but couldn't catch worth a darn. šŸ¤£
Not the Seahawks, the 49ers. Renaldo Nehemiah. Was an Olympic hurdler then was a WR with the 49ers. Couldn't catch anything.

OP
OP
D

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I will never forget Bates because he made this play as a gunner on a kick where he hit the guy right as he caught the ball and forced a fumble then the ball bounced right to him and he recovered it on like the five yard line. I have looked for it on youtube but can't find it.
Actually I think I remember that play. Didn't he also make a spectacular play chasing down some dude on a punt return or pick?

OP
OP
D

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Luke McCaffrey put up some really good numbers in the 3 cone (6.70), & 20 yard shuttle (4.02). He would look good in a Seahawks uniform.

Dylan Laube was interesting with his 20 yard shuttle (4.02).

Ladd McConkey ran a 4.39 in the 40 yard dash.

Don't think these guys will be valued highly, maybe the Hawks can take a flyer on these guys. Low value, high upside the Patriot way?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Luke McCaffrey put up some really good numbers in the 3 cone (6.70), & 20 yard shuttle (4.02). He would look good in a Seahawks uniform.

Dylan Laube was interesting with his 20 yard shuttle (4.02).

Ladd McConkey ran a 4.39 in the 40 yard dash.

Don't think these guys will be valued highly, maybe the Hawks can take a flyer on these guys. Low value, high upside the Patriot way?

Saw a mock today that has McConkey going 32 to the chiefs.