Apple Cup Score Predictions

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's hear some score predictions for Apple Cup this Saturday. Since the Dawgs survived the gauntlet and are smelling blood in the water, I think we finally see a borderline blowout. Also, supposed to be about 48 and sunny on Saturday. FINALLY, some weather that lets them sling it.

Dawgs win 41-23. Penix with 4 TD passes.

NoGain

Reaction score
Finally a blowout for the Huskies. No lack of motivation for the Dawgs. A packed stadium of rowdy fans, it's senior day, one win away from an undefeated season and a meeting with Oregon for the Pac 12 title and trip to the CFP, and the memory of WSU celebrating on the Huskies home field after they beat us here two years ago.

I have almost no fear about the outcome of this game, barring some bizarre and/or horribly unlikely set of occurrences.

cymatica

Reaction score
Finally a blowout for the Huskies. No lack of motivation for the Dawgs. A packed stadium of rowdy fans, it's senior day, one win away from an undefeated season and a meeting with Oregon for the Pac 12 title and trip to the CFP, and the memory of WSU celebrating on the Huskies home field after they beat us here two years ago.

I have almost no fear about the outcome of this game, barring some bizarre and/or horribly unlikely set of occurrences.
😬

NoGain

Reaction score
It happened. The bizarre. I can't even begin to enumerate all the stupid shyt that happened in this game on the Husky side of things. I mean, they did everything imaginable to keep WSU in this game. I mean stupid shyt, real stupid shyt.

cymatica

Reaction score
It happened. The bizarre. I can't even begin to enumerate all the stupid shyt that happened in this game on the Husky side of things. I mean, they did everything imaginable to keep WSU in this game. I mean stupid shyt, real stupid shyt.
Pete and Waldo must have been somewhere on the sideline coaching them up

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
That's the thing, though. This coaching staff, led by Kalen DeBoer, is a top flight coaching staff. I can't seem to fathom why they've done the things they've done in terms of approach and tactical strategy during these last four games or so. It's baffling.

Going into this game, I thought we were the better team, and all we had to do to have a solid victory was play conservatively, run the ball, roll out a short passing game, and then go down field when you've established these things in the mind of the defense. You don't need razzle-dazzle, down field chucks on first down, dumb timeouts and clock management, and stupid, nonsensical penalties that gift wrap scoring opportunities for the other team.

Pretty simple, you'd think. But they did just the opposite. Repeatedly.

It's all about expectations. This was the first game I was REALLY pissed off. We win this game without much worry or trouble at all if we just don't defeat ourselves.

But in the end, a win is a win. 12-0. It's a beautiful thing.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My late father always said: Never apologize for a win, NEVER.

Accurate. You either win or your don't. Couldn't give two sh*** how it looks. 12-0, 19 in a row.
How many other teams in college football can say that? Very few.

Also, they have knocked off 5 ranked opponents this season and are sitting at #3 in the country. All while not even playing their best ball.