*Week 11: Seahawks-Vikings Game Preview …*

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Veilside":2zas4gy8 said:
I understand everyone wants to throw in their ideas to improve these posts and maybe he welcomes it, but I'd like to make the suggestion that people private message their ideas to him so the whole thread isn't about people trying to improve on it. Last thing we want to happen is for him to feel overly critiqued and decide to take a break. Although it would help ween me of this site finally.

I just think the best way to show gratitude isn't with a "That's great, but I can make it better". If it's that important something is changed then keep it private.

No it's cool. The suggestions are definitely always welcome. I'll certainly look to implement some of those changes this next time around. All the same, you're probably right that PM'ing is probably best when it comes to that kind of stuff.

What I've always strived for these Preview Threads to be is more a community conversation piece than anything. I do what I do in writing these Previews up ... and then others can take the ball from there as we look forward to the game. If you want to comment on something specific related to the game or something that I've written here -- wonderful, let's talk. If you find some other cool and/or interesting tidbit or stat -- GREAT! Post it and let's talk about it. If there are updates (such as injury news and notes) -- Great! Go ahead and post those here and we'll talk. If you've got some particular insights in to play calling and/or tendencies that I didn't address -- Cool! Go ahead, post those here and let's continue the conversation. That's what I've always envisioned for these threads.

So that said, anyone got anything specific that they are going to be paying particular attention to? Any overall thoughts related to the game -- let's hear 'em.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Last night, I asked what's something that you will be keeping a particularly close eye on in this game. As no-one's responded yet, I'll tell you something that I'm going to be watching for today. The matchup that I'm going to be really paying attention to (that really no one is talking about) is one that I wrote about -- namely how Seattle handles the right side of that Minnesota Offensive Line. As I talked about in the main piece, here is how often the Vikings have run Adrian Peterson to the right ...

(Right Side) … 74 Attempts … 423 Yards … 5.72 yards/carry … 4 TD
Season Total … 173 Attempts … 786 Yards … 4.5 Yards/Carry … 9 TD

74 of Adrian Peterson's 174 Total Rushing Attempts (42.5% of all AP's carries) ... 53.8% of all his rushing yards ... and 4 of his 9 TD's that he's scored have come OVER THE RIGHT SIDE of that Minnesota Offensive Line.

That means, that Red Bryant and Jordan Hill in particular are going to have to be ready. Notice I didn't say Tony McDaniel. Though he was a full participant in practice on Friday and was listed as Questionable, I'm highly doubting that he plays, as we've seen PC be extremely cautious when it comes to injuries (especially hamstring pulls). So, I'm thinking McDaniel's not playing and that Hill will be getting the bulk of the work there. So, Jordan Hill and Red Bryant are going to be key players in this game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I shall probably see what happens to the Vikings front defensive set. I want to see what happens when Lynch gets the ball or fakes and see the reactions on them. If they play a 4-3, keep an eye on the 4. On the defensive side, the same thing..the front 4 or 3 as it were.