Are Manning and the Broncos ready?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lsheldon":1ojtk9br said:
Sgt. Largent":1ojtk9br said:
Kirk Morrison from Fox Sports radio was talking about this yesterday.

He said Sunday morning that he was most excited for the Pats vs. Broncos game, but it turned out to be slow and boring.............he then turned on the Hawks Niners game and said "WOW, what a contrast in speed and physicality, THIS is the game."

I don't care what anyone says, Denver hasn't seen ANYTHING close this year to the speed and ferocity in which the Hawks play football.

Do you have a link to that? Or was it live?

Live, they're on at noon on 850AM. I switch back and forth during lunch from listening to Groz and the two knuckleheads on KJR that would rather talk about the Cougars 2014 college FB schedule for 20 minutes during the Hawks playoff run.

Probably a podcast or something you can DL from Fox's website though.

formido

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3caoh2m0 said:

He said Sunday morning that he was most excited for the Pats vs. Broncos game, but it turned out to be slow and boring.............he then turned on the Hawks Niners game and said "WOW, what a contrast in speed and physicality, THIS is the game."

I don't care what anyone says, Denver hasn't seen ANYTHING close this year to the speed and ferocity in which the Hawks play football.

Denver saw it once before: Preseason. I know it's supposed to be "meaningless", but what I saw was two teams playing as hard as they could, and one team getting manhandled. Manning was angry on the sideline. Our 1s dominated their 1s. Their one long drive should have been stopped before it started when our DE got tackled from behind by their OL on 3rd down with Manning a step from his grasp. As soon as Thurmond came in, they had two aborted drives. Maxwell, a much better corner, has replaced Browner.

Denver apologists dismiss the turnovers. Seattle leads the NFL in takeaways and just made SF, 4th best at holding onto the ball I believe, throw 2 picks and put the ball on the ground, what, 3 times? We only recovered 1, but that's just chance. Point is we forced fumbles and INT opportunities. Turnovers are going to happen. Throwing out the turnovers is ridiculous.

MileHighFish

Reaction score
IMO the interesting matchup will be the Seahawk db corp vs Denver's receivers. The Denver receivers have size with J Thomas, D Thomas and Decker. Factor in Welker and Moreno out of the backfield and it should make for an interesting matchup. Wonder who Seattle fans think will be matched up on who? Best of luck and can't wait until the game!

MileHighFish

Reaction score
formido":22hwpni1 said:
Sgt. Largent":22hwpni1 said:

Denver saw it once before: Preseason. I know it's supposed to be "meaningless", but what I saw was two teams playing as hard as they could, and one team getting manhandled. Manning was angry on the sideline. Our 1s dominated their 1s. Their one long drive should have been stopped before it started when our DE got tackled from behind by their OL on 3rd down with Manning a step from his grasp. As soon as Thurmond came in, they had two aborted drives. Maxwell, a much better corner, has replaced Browner.

Denver apologists dismiss the turnovers. Seattle leads the NFL in takeaways and just made SF, 4th best at holding onto the ball I believe, throw 2 picks and put the ball on the ground, what, 3 times? We only recovered 1, but that's just chance. Point is we forced fumbles and INT opportunities. Turnovers are going to happen. Throwing out the turnovers is ridiculous.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
formido":331rjg6n said:
Sgt. Largent":331rjg6n said:

You certainly can take something away from preseason, albeit not much.

What you can take away is HOW Seattle played Manning, which was super aggressive press cover against his WR's, which disrupted their routes and threw off Manning's timing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MileHighFish":3s6ziyhe said:
IMO the interesting matchup will be the Seahawk db corp vs Denver's receivers. The Denver receivers have size with J Thomas, D Thomas and Decker. Factor in Welker and Moreno out of the backfield and it should make for an interesting matchup. Wonder who Seattle fans think will be matched up on who? Best of luck and can't wait until the game!

You do realize that Sherman is 6'3 and Maxwell is 6'1, right? They're not going to have any trouble with your receivers' size. (Though your receivers will develop alligator arms when Chancellor starts running their direction. See Davis, Vernon.)

As for who will cover whom, it's Sherman and Maxwell on the left and right (from the defensive 'forward'/offense sees them on R & L), and Thurmond or Lane on the slot.

rjas77

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":q0m8g5er said:
MileHighFish":q0m8g5er said:
As for who will cover whom, it's Sherman and Maxwell on the left and right (from the defensive 'forward'/offense sees them on R & L), and Thurmond or Lane on the slot.

with ET and Bam Bam waiting in the wings to feast on whatever is left until only sinew remains

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
seadoc30":1nn9q88g said:
The broncos O - line isn't that good guys. It's all P.Manning getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. Leads the league in that. I think it's line 2.3 seconds per pass. I am confident that he won't be finding a receiver open that quickly against our secondary.

So key to winning: make that 2.3 seconds into 3-4 seconds. This will expose Manning to getting hit. Now in order to do that, we have to play tight man to man, jam and beat up their recievers. No zone shit please! P.manning will eat us alive with zone defense.

Incorrect. Denver's OL is fantastic in both pass protection and opening holes in the run game.

Manning has been sack 20 times in both the regular season and postseason combined. Yes, having a quick release will help keep that number low, but don't try to act as if he has been constantly under pressure all year. He typically stands calm in the pocket and releases it quickly because that's when he finds the open man. His jersey is hardly ever dirty, and I don't envision the SB being the first game of the last two years that Denver's OL will struggle in.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Papa-pwn":1gkk6a5v said:
seadoc30":1gkk6a5v said:
The broncos O - line isn't that good guys. It's all P.Manning getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. Leads the league in that. I think it's line 2.3 seconds per pass. I am confident that he won't be finding a receiver open that quickly against our secondary.

So key to winning: make that 2.3 seconds into 3-4 seconds. This will expose Manning to getting hit. Now in order to do that, we have to play tight man to man, jam and beat up their recievers. No zone shit please! P.manning will eat us alive with zone defense.

Incorrect. Denver's OL is fantastic in both pass protection and opening holes in the run game.

Manning has been sack 20 times in both the regular season and postseason combined. Yes, having a quick release will help keep that number low, but don't try to act as if he has been constantly under pressure all year. He typically stands calm in the pocket and releases it quickly because that's when he finds the open man. His jersey is hardly ever dirty, and I don't envision the SB being the first game of the last two years that Denver's OL will struggle in.

DUde, the fact is, P.Manning release time is 2.3 seconds, one of the best ever. That makes the the O - lines job extremely extremely easier. Not a lot of D - lineman are capable of beating their blocker and then sack a QB who moves so well in the pocket like Manning in just 2.3 seconds. On the other hand, you don't need to be a world class O lineman to block ur guy for 2.3 seconds.

Bronco Bob

Reaction score
So it sounds like all you gotta do is show up! Leave your offense at home! The defense is gonna win this for us! Good luck with that!

Laloosh

Reaction score
HansGruber":a6cbt9dk said:
In the end, I agree with everyone else that physicality is the difference and will play a HUGE role. This Seattle team has been bare-knuckle boxing bikers, prison escapees, and the worst criminal scum imaginable in a dark alley the last 5-6 weeks, taking cheap kidney shots and 2x4s across the head. Now, we're standing there in the alley with a bloody prison shank in one hand (our secondary), and a wood bat with nails sticking out of it in the other (that front 7).

Peyton just came wandering on to our turf with a switchblade, dancing around like this is Westside Story or something. That dancing around stuff is great for the ladies and Broadway, but this is a freaking street brawl, fool. He's going to start out whistling and singing, and Michael Bennet's gonna give him a steel toed boot to the groin while Big Red Bryant starts hammering the RB's head in with a lead pipe. Bitch, this ain't Hollywood. You just stepped into Hell. Meanwhile, Beast Mode is holding his junk in one hand, a chain with a gym lock in the other, chewing on a toothpick, and grinning at Denver's LBs like a maniac.

youcompleteme_fullpic_artwork_1.jpg

That was my favorite post of 2014.

chris98251

Reaction score
First and formost.

20 Lane, Jeremy CB 6-0 190 23 2 Northwestern State (La.)
41 Maxwell, Byron CB 6-1 207 25 3 Clemson
25 Sherman, Richard CB 6-3 195 25 3 Stanford
28 Thurmond, Walter CB 5-11 190 26 4 Oregon
35 Shead, DeShawn DB 6-2 220 25 2 Portland State

42 Maragos, Chris FS 5-10 200 27 4 Wisconsin
29 Thomas, Earl FS 5-10 202 24 4 Texas
31 Chancellor, Kam SS 6-3 232 25 4 Virginia Tech

Now that can be all in or rotated in and will jam, beat ,hit, and molest and steal your receivers luch money, bang your girlfreind and then intercept a pass and pick six, we have the Bandit, the O cover and the cover 3, we can move Kam down as a LB and rush 3 with effectiveness.

The WR and TE's and Denver will not get those timing routes or those spot up routes, they will have to fight off the line, they may catch one across the middle but will be looking for 31 or 29 the rest of the game, have welker try to block Kam like you did Talib,Welker will be concussed from hitting a brick wall.

Oh and before I forget.

53 Smith, Malcolm LB 6-0 226 24 3 USC
54 Wagner, Bobby LB 6-0 241 23 2 Utah State
50 Wright, K.J. LB 6-4 246 24 3 Mississippi State
51 Irvin, Bruce LB 6-3 248 26 2 West Virginia

They take special pride in shutting down the screen pass, Broncos favorite bail out play.

99 McDaniel, Tony DT 6-7 305 29 8 Tennessee
69 McDonald, Clinton DT 6-2 297 27 5 Memphis
92 Mebane, Brandon DT 6-1 311 29 7 California
56 Avril, Cliff DE 6-3 260 27 6 Purdue
72 Bennett, Michael DE 6-4 274 28 5 Texas A&M
79 Bryant, Red DE 6-4 323 29 6 Texas A&M
91 Clemons, Chris DE 6-3 254 32 10 Georgia

All are able to push the pocket and stop the Run, oh did I say they all pass rush as well and flip positions and rotate and keep fresh.

You can't load up to stop one or any one of these players, this unit loves you when you try to isolate.

When Peyton has to wait till 4 seconds because the WR's and TE's can't get into their routes and the screen is taken away I think we will see a whole different Broncos offense.

stonewallj799

Reaction score
At the end of the day there is no way they can simulate what they are about to experience in the game. Look at their schedule they just haven't had to play any of the top defenses in the game. They didn't even play a single NFC west defense. The closest thing to a defense that can rush the passer like ours was Kansas City and they were a shell of their early season selves when they played them. No team they played had a secondary near as good as ours. Mark my words Peyton will struggle.

Honestly the one X factor will be the run game. Ball and Moreno may have success against us. We have been known to struggle some against the run randomly during the season. Then again its been awhile since that was a problem.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Bronco Bob":17rkgguh said:
So it sounds like all you gotta do is show up! Leave your offense at home! The defense is gonna win this for us! Good luck with that!

I think our offense will wind up being the surprise of the Superbowl, (at least to most people outside the NW).

Seattle's offensive totals belie the fact that we are near the top of the league in explosive plays of 20+ yards, and yards per pass. Wilson is being overlooked by most fans and the media due to conservative play calling the last few weeks. But Denver's D is the easiest the Hawks will have faced in over a month and half... Add Harvin to the mix, and you have a recipe for an offensive outburst.

There will be a number of designed plays for Harvin that haven't been in Seattle's game film this season. Denver will be unprepared for them as a result. Harvin will have a few explosive plays early on... before Denver adjusts to his presence. The added attention to Harvin will open up running lanes for Lynch. It will be fun to see.

Our offense is going to score more points than its season average vs Denver. Denver will score below its season average. I guarantee the Denver offense will have some TO's facing our defense... (who lead the league in forcing TO's). The result will be a close ball game.

marko358

Reaction score
PH should also have a big impact in the return game if PC decides to use him in that fashion.

OrFan

Reaction score
Funny Denver fans are wondering who we will have on each receiver. They do not even realize our defense doesn't have to pay attention to individual match-ups.

Our defense plays their scheme the way they play it every game. They do not concentrate on individual players. Receivers are receivers, they really do not care. Some of the more ignorant reporters were asking the same question before the NFC championship game, they got this answer and just sat there with a stupid look on their faces. Come game time, that is exactly what happened.

johntfootball

Reaction score
seadoc30":3px8w68m said:

The Denver O line has been playing very good. Vasquez, Ramirez, Franklin and Clark have all done well and are good at keeping a seal. Each passing play will be over before 3 seconds. Manning loves to act quickly.

johntfootball

Reaction score
stonewallj799":gz97yw08 said:
At the end of the day there is no way they can simulate what they are about to experience in the game. Look at their schedule they just haven't had to play any of the top defenses in the game. They didn't even play a single NFC west defense. The closet thing to a defense that can rush the passer like ours was Kansas City and they were a shell of their early season selves when they played them. No team they played had a secondary near as good as ours. Mark my words Peyton will struggle.

Honestly the one X factor will be the run game. Ball and Moreno may have success against us. We have been known to struggle some against the run randomly during the season. Then again its been awhile since that was a problem.

This is going to be an epic battle with the best offense going against the best defense.
Denver's run game has done much better later in the season. Denver had a number of fumble issues early and mid season. They have cleaned up those issues. Denver will primarily use Moreno and Ball as a tandem throughout the game. I expect Denver to use the run game in this game a number of times (at least 100-140 yards).

Reaneypark

Reaction score
HansGruber":le1w67ns said:
In the end, I agree with everyone else that physicality is the difference and will play a HUGE role. This Seattle team has been bare-knuckle boxing bikers, prison escapees, and the worst criminal scum imaginable in a dark alley the last 5-6 weeks, taking cheap kidney shots and 2x4s across the head. Now, we're standing there in the alley with a bloody prison shank in one hand (our secondary), and a wood bat with nails sticking out of it in the other (that front 7).

Peyton just came wandering on to our turf with a switchblade, dancing around like this is Westside Story or something. That dancing around stuff is great for the ladies and Broadway, but this is a freaking street brawl, fool. He's going to start out whistling and singing, and Michael Bennet's gonna give him a steel toed boot to the groin while Big Red Bryant starts hammering the RB's head in with a lead pipe. Bitch, this ain't Hollywood. You just stepped into Hell. Meanwhile, Beast Mode is holding his junk in one hand, a chain with a gym lock in the other, chewing on a toothpick, and grinning at Denver's LBs like a maniac.

You win the Internets!