Are Manning and the Broncos ready?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":148y0v64 said:
lsheldon":148y0v64 said:
Sgt. Largent":148y0v64 said:
Kirk Morrison from Fox Sports radio was talking about this yesterday.

He said Sunday morning that he was most excited for the Pats vs. Broncos game, but it turned out to be slow and boring.............he then turned on the Hawks Niners game and said "WOW, what a contrast in speed and physicality, THIS is the game."

I don't care what anyone says, Denver hasn't seen ANYTHING close this year to the speed and ferocity in which the Hawks play football.

Do you have a link to that? Or was it live?

Live, they're on at noon on 850AM. I switch back and forth during lunch from listening to Groz and the two knuckleheads on KJR that would rather talk about the Cougars 2014 college FB schedule for 20 minutes during the Hawks playoff run.

Probably a podcast or something you can DL from Fox's website though.

Thank *insert deity here* that 710 ESPN was smart enough to hire UW alumns instead.

[edit] Regarding the op... No, they are not.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":12se9g2s said:
Bronco Bob":12se9g2s said:
So it sounds like all you gotta do is show up! Leave your offense at home! The defense is gonna win this for us! Good luck with that!

I think our offense will wind up being the surprise of the Superbowl, (at least to most people outside the NW).

Seattle's offensive totals belie the fact that we are near the top of the league in explosive plays of 20+ yards, and yards per pass. Wilson is being overlooked by most fans and the media due to conservative play calling the last few weeks. But Denver's D is the easiest the Hawks will have faced in over a month and half... Add Harvin to the mix, and you have a recipe for an offensive outburst.

There will be a number of designed plays for Harvin that haven't been in Seattle's game film this season. Denver will be unprepared for them as a result. Harvin will have a few explosive plays early on... before Denver adjusts to his presence. The added attention to Harvin will open up running lanes for Lynch. It will be fun to see.

Our offense is going to score more points than its season average vs Denver. Denver will score below its season average. I guarantee the Denver offense will have some TO's facing our defense... (who lead the league in forcing TO's). The result will be a close ball game.

This is my take on it. EVERYONE is just saying "oh just shut down lynch and we win". While Harvin has been in the game our offense has been fantastic. We scored 4/5 times in the Saints game in the first half and the 5th was a BS holding call where we ran to NO 35 and against the Vikings we put up 41 points with Wilson leading the Charge. Lynch only had 50 something yards in that Vikings game. From these 2 games you can see the attention Harvin gets and how it opens up the entire offense. In the first Saints game Wilson also carried the offense the first half to put it out of reach and he had more yards than Lynch rushing. Lynch had 45 yards.

I also really, REALLY, hope Denver tries to stop Lynch and goes inside on those read option runs. I hope Pete lets Wilson take off alot more now that we arent facing Elite Line after Elite Line. I expect alot more Read Option and Plays with Harvin. Heck we might even see Harvin as the HB on the read option.

MileHighFish

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":r7bfizih said:
SHOCKER315":r7bfizih said:
Bronco Bob":r7bfizih said:
So it sounds like all you gotta do is show up! Leave your offense at home! The defense is gonna win this for us! Good luck with that!

I think our offense will wind up being the surprise of the Superbowl, (at least to most people outside the NW).

Seattle's offensive totals belie the fact that we are near the top of the league in explosive plays of 20+ yards, and yards per pass. Wilson is being overlooked by most fans and the media due to conservative play calling the last few weeks. But Denver's D is the easiest the Hawks will have faced in over a month and half... Add Harvin to the mix, and you have a recipe for an offensive outburst.

There will be a number of designed plays for Harvin that haven't been in Seattle's game film this season. Denver will be unprepared for them as a result. Harvin will have a few explosive plays early on... before Denver adjusts to his presence. The added attention to Harvin will open up running lanes for Lynch. It will be fun to see.

Our offense is going to score more points than its season average vs Denver. Denver will score below its season average. I guarantee the Denver offense will have some TO's facing our defense... (who lead the league in forcing TO's). The result will be a close ball game.

This is my take on it. EVERYONE is just saying "oh just shut down lynch and we win". While Harvin has been in the game our offense has been fantastic. We scored 4/5 times in the Saints game in the first half and the 5th was a BS holding call where we ran to NO 35 and against the Vikings we put up 41 points with Wilson leading the Charge. Lynch only had 50 something yards in that Vikings game. From these 2 games you can see the attention Harvin gets and how it opens up the entire offense. In the first Saints game Wilson also carried the offense the first half to put it out of reach and he had more yards than Lynch rushing. Lynch had 45 yards.

I also really, REALLY, hope Denver tries to stop Lynch and goes inside on those read option runs. I hope Pete lets Wilson take off alot more now that we arent facing Elite Line after Elite Line. I expect alot more Read Option and Plays with Harvin. Heck we might even see Harvin as the HB on the read option.

One position that could actually benefit Denver this game that has somewhat hindered them in some previous games is their smallish linebacking corp. While not prototypical NFL size, as a group they are extremely quick which should (fingers crossed) help to contain Wilson or at least limit the time he has to scramble while the wide receivers get open down field.

I expect Coach Carroll to throw some wrinkles in Seattle's game plan. Really wish Coach Fox would do the same but I don't see that happening. I am curious to see if Seattle utilizes Wilson's running ability more this game than they have in the past.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1sbh76bd said:
HansGruber":1sbh76bd said:
In the end, I agree with everyone else that physicality is the difference and will play a HUGE role. This Seattle team has been bare-knuckle boxing bikers, prison escapees, and the worst criminal scum imaginable in a dark alley the last 5-6 weeks, taking cheap kidney shots and 2x4s across the head. Now, we're standing there in the alley with a bloody prison shank in one hand (our secondary), and a wood bat with nails sticking out of it in the other (that front 7).

Peyton just came wandering on to our turf with a switchblade, dancing around like this is Westside Story or something. That dancing around stuff is great for the ladies and Broadway, but this is a freaking street brawl, fool. He's going to start out whistling and singing, and Michael Bennet's gonna give him a steel toed boot to the groin while Big Red Bryant starts hammering the RB's head in with a lead pipe. Bitch, this ain't Hollywood. You just stepped into Hell. Meanwhile, Beast Mode is holding his junk in one hand, a chain with a gym lock in the other, chewing on a toothpick, and grinning at Denver's LBs like a maniac.

youcompleteme_fullpic_artwork_1.jpg

That was my favorite post of 2014.

Oh my god this is still good 24 hours later. Just read this to my wife (she was sleeping when I read it the first time and was dying laughing in silence). We are currently in a hotel and she was shhhhing me because I was laughing through the walls