Are the PAC-10 Playoff Chances Over Already

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":2pymwdtw said:
So you don't think you could predict the hierarchy of just about any conference out there and be pretty close to right? I mean, maybe Oregon turns out not to be the best team in the PAC-12, but going in they have largely been the favorite. Auburn isn't sniffing best in the SEC, probably 3rd in their own division.

How many times does the season turn out NOT as predicted. And, what you are claiming simply is not true. The so-called 4th best team in the SEC isn't better than the so-called best team in the Pac. For the vast majority of that game Oregon was the better team and I am convinced, as much as it pains me to say this, Oregon is a better football team than Auburn. They just found a way to lose at the end.

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":3hyaalfu said:
I will say I don't understand the Herbert hype. I haven't seen him play but my general rule is that if I don't hear about a player until draft time, probably not a good prospect (theory developed based in Jeff George).

He never has really done anything, in his only full season he threw for 59%, nothing really that productive.

The hype on Herbert is his physical metrics, NFL scouts love his size (6-6, 231), arm strength, and athleticism. He IS the prototypical NFL quarterback.

getnasty

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":wvnepf1b said:
The answer to the question posed by this thread is 'yes' (sadly)

Easy now don't forget about the Cougs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
getnasty":32txo88g said:
hawksfansinceday1":32txo88g said:

They could be 10-0 going into the Apple Cup and the Dawgs could be 5-5 and the Cougs would still get beat by 2 TDs. Want to be wrong but until Leach proves he can actually beat Peterson/Lake, I'm resigned to a 2nd level bowl. Don't get me wrong, I love what he's done for the program. It's relevant and top-20 every year now. Stay as long as you want, please Mike. However, when another team has superior talent imo you can't go in with the "we're gonna play our game and dare you to stop us" card because that's what happens, you get stopped.

getnasty

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3nin6y3x said:
getnasty":3nin6y3x said:
hawksfansinceday1":3nin6y3x said:

They could be 10-0 going into the Apple Cup and the Dawgs could be 5-5 and the Cougs would still get beat by 2 TDs. Want to be wrong but until Leach proves he can actually beat Peterson/Lake, I'm resigned to a 2nd level bowl. Don't get me wrong, I love what he's done for the program. It's relevant and top-20 every year now. Stay as long as you want, please Mike. However, when another team has superior talent imo you can't go in with the "we're gonna play our game and dare you to stop us" card because that's what happens, you get stopped.

Couldn't agree more but hopefully the Cougs can turn the corner this year. The problem is they are who they are, i just don't see them turning into a phyical style running team when the Huskys come to town. They need to find a way to do what they do better agaisnt UW.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting the Cougs have even tiny shot, but at this point, the only real candidates are Utah, USC, and WSU unless Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma and LSU lose some real DUMB games. I think we all know Clemson and Alabama are locks unless they lose 2.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think USC has the best shot. Will have a game against Notre Dame at least and do have the general national stature to draw attention.

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":61255eak said:
I think USC has the best shot. Will have a game against Notre Dame at least and do have the general national stature to draw attention.

I thought you said that Oregon was the best team in the Pac?

Like I said in another thread, you can never count USC out with all those 5-star and 4-star players. I think they have the 4th best talent composite in college football. Most people had already counted them out with the loss of JT Daniels but that freshman QB looks pretty good.

Lots of parity in the Pac, several teams have the potential to come out on top.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
And USC is out of the running. Apparently Stanford sucks worse than expected too. Still hope for the Cougs though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":gfupabfi said:
And USC is out of the running. Apparently Stanford sucks worse than expected too. Still hope for the Could though.
Aren't you a huge Tide fan?
Seem to remember them as your avatar.
I sure remember posting SEC teams records the
year UW had to play them so all this early stuff
means nothing.

D

DomeHawk

hawksfansinceday1":2y1h9fm2 said:
Arizona State?

ASU is a program with a strong football tradition, they Haven't finished that good lately but they are always a dangerous team that is capable of upsetting ranked teams.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
IndyHawk":vwp5rarc said:
HawkGA":vwp5rarc said:
And USC is out of the running. Apparently Stanford sucks worse than expected too. Still hope for the Could though.
Aren't you a huge Tide fan?
Seem to remember them as your avatar.
I sure remember posting SEC teams records the
year UW had to play them so all this early stuff
means nothing.

I don't think I've ever had it in an avatar, but yes, I'm an Alabama fan. I do have a soft spot for the PAC-12, though, having grown up in the Northwest and would cheer for a PAC-12 team over just about any other team (well, at least over teams in the Big 10, Big 12, and ACC).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":20rt0bh3 said:
Uncle Si":20rt0bh3 said:
hawksfansinceday1":20rt0bh3 said:
Arizona State?

Fork em Devils..

Buy they'll 2-3 games minimum
Agree but I threw them out since they're 3-0 at present. "So you're telling me there's a chance".

I watched the game and the D was impressive.

QB was mediocre though.