Are the PAC-10 Playoff Chances Over Already

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1fown5m2 said:
HawkGA":1fown5m2 said:

Won't last, we'll just beat each other up.

Ultimately there has to be 25 teams in the top 25 though and I wouldn't look to the ACC to fill much more than 1 spot. Not sure the Big 12 will take up many spots either. That leaves a lot of room for the PAC-12 to get teams ranked. I don't think the 6 will last but I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year the PAC-12 is near the top in total number of ranked teams.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkGA":3hkcc35s said:
DomeHawk":3hkcc35s said:
HawkGA":3hkcc35s said:

Ultimately there has to be 25 teams in the top 25 though and I wouldn't look to the ACC to fill much more than 1 spot. Not sure the Big 12 will take up many spots either. That leaves a lot of room for the PAC-12 to get teams ranked. I don't think the 6 will last but I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year the PAC-12 is near the top in total number of ranked teams.

None will be in top 10 though....

Maybe Oregon, or atleast 10/19 game in Seattle

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1bzfnxym said:
HawkGA":1bzfnxym said:
DomeHawk":1bzfnxym said:
HawkGA":1bzfnxym said:

None will be in top 10 though....

Maybe Oregon, or atleast 10/19 game in Seattle

I believe Utah is already in the Top-10.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Still not over. A one loss pac 12 team still has about a 70% chance. The pac 12 is not looking that bad compared to the other power conferences.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
A one-loss PAC-12 team is not making it into the playoffs. Fair or not, it's not happening. There would have to be a sea of 2 loss teams, if not 3 loss. Clemson isn't losing a game in the ACC so that's one of the four spots taken. I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State and Oklahoma go undefeated. But even if each just lost one, they are still getting in ahead of a 1 loss PAC-12 team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkGA":21vx3hyb said:
A one-loss PAC-12 team is not making it into the playoffs. Fair or not, it's not happening. There would have to be a sea of 2 loss teams, if not 3 loss. Clemson isn't losing a game in the ACC so that's one of the four spots taken. I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State and Oklahoma go undefeated. But even if each just lost one, they are still getting in ahead of a 1 loss PAC-12 team.

Agree with this, to a degree.

PAC doesn't have the credibility at the moment. However, if one of Oregon or Washington (more than likely Oregon, only losing to Auburn) win out, they will be in the conversation and get in over any 2 loss teams.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Probably safe to say they are over now. There's probably some scenarios and meltdowns in other conferences that could get them in via the backdoor. But for all intents and purposes, the conference is done.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
With the #5, 8, & 9 teams losing today, it's possible that the Pac 12 will have two teams in the top 10 tomorrow if #11 Oregon and #12 Utah both hold onto their current leads and win tonight. There's a good possibility that the Pac 12 will have two Top 10, 11-1 teams in the conference championship.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Don’t care. I root for UW and whomever is playing Oregon. I couldn’t care less what the PAC-12 does.

It’s like rooting for the Niners because they play in Seattle’s division.
F that!

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":1v2qzve5 said:
Probably safe to say they are over now. There's probably some scenarios and meltdowns in other conferences that could get them in via the backdoor. But for all intents and purposes, the conference is done.

I agree, the talent is spread out too far in the Pac. Much as I predicted earlier in the season when we had six Pac-12 teams in the top-25 where I predicted we would cannibalize each other, we only have two teams now.

The only team with really top talent is USC with the #4 ranked talent composite but they have wasted their talent with bad coaching.