Are we confident in Graham fitting in?

xgeoff

Reaction score
SeatownJay":puu0f079 said:
Our 12 personnel just got better. Lynch as the single back, Graham & Willson in the slot on each side, pick two of Kearse, Baldwin, Lockette, Matthews on the outside. You can also move Graham outside and have Baldwin in the slot.

I love the way this sounds. Lots of good weapons, lots of options, lots of guys to make plays. Will Wilson have time to throw? That is my concern.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Let's assume playoff smack talk was just that, emotional smack talk.

Jimmy's ability to get the ball is amazing. But the trade worries me for two reasons: One, Jimmy seems to avoid contact and can't block to save his life. Two, losing Unger sucks, but let's face it, we lost Unger awhile ago. LJP filled in well enough. What really sucks is that it's costing us depth at a position we badly need depth at. Unger and Carp gone isn't so much a blow to talent (yeah, they're good-ish...when they play 6 games a year) as it is to sheer manpower.

That said, if Jimmy can toughen up, learn to lay a block down, we may have just gotten an amazing deal given how much top tier TEs cost these days. Losing the 1st round pick was nothing. We would've traded it away anyhow, or had to reach on a player, possibly even a TE.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/575438460116332546[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/0ap3000000477885/John-Schneider-Deal-for-Graham-was-one-we-had-to-make?icampaign=nflcom-cs-homepage-videoswap_generic_nfl[/urltargetblank]

Video of Schneider talking about the trade

MrThortan

Reaction score
For a million+ a season I could get along with guys I don't like in the locker room. I know these guys are young, but they are professionals and I assume most know how to handle it. I have never heard anything about Graham being a locker room problem.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'm obviously not a professional sportsman. But I did play multiple sports for the first 21 years of my life and I found that when I got into it with someone from the other team it was never with a player I didn't respect. They were always one of the better if not best players on the opposing team.

Using this same thinking I'd imagine it won't be hard for them to make amends and really just be excited in what they can all now do as a team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ti0q15b said:
If Bevell can't take advantage of having a 6'7 260 receiver, then it'll be no more excuses time for him. It will be blatantly obvious that Bevell needs to go.

Lol I said this in the first trade thread. It was one of the positives

swagcity21

Reaction score
What's missing in all of this, at least I have not seen anything yet is how Jimmy Graham feels about the trade and the opportunity to play up here?

I'm curious to hear what he thinks about the trade and his new teammates.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
swagcity21":z55q4p0o said:
What's missing in all of this, at least I have not seen anything yet is how Jimmy Graham feels about the trade and the opportunity to play up here?

I'm curious to hear what he thinks about the trade and his new teammates.

We don't know because he's been silent except for wiping all traces of the Saints off his twitter page and changing his bio to "Traded".

I think he's in shock, and rightfully so.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Russ Wilson had "lasered" the ball to Jimmy Graham instead of R. Lockette in the remaining seconds of SB 49, I have no doubt that we would have won!! Enough said!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's a win win situation.

We didn't need Max to win( and I'm glad I won't see his lousy snaps anymore)

We got Jimmy and a 4th for a 1st. A lot better than we could do with our 1st.

BTW, has anyone confirmed that it is this years 1st?

They said it was a future 1st so I'm thinking it is this year, but you never know.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":202xgsql said:
bbsplitter":202xgsql said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/575438460116332546[/tweet]

:)

I hope Russ is working out with his other new toy in Mathews as well.

and,

I wonder if Russ will ever pass to Lockette again.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Jimmy is going to only get better playing against our defense daily. Likewise, our defense will gain some against the large TE mismatch.....besides we get to worry about one less big threat in the NFC. This is a brilliant move... maybe the just the deal of the decade.

Make note.

netskier

Reaction score
Bevell calls the plays, not Russ. Bevell hates Lockette according to a poster earlier today, saying just Google those two names to learn about it.

Lockette tries harder than anyone, when he knows what he is doing. Witness the three or four or five blocks he made in Beastquake 2.

He just needs more coaching on receiving.

olyfan63

Reaction score
netskier":1g6ve2zo said:
Lockette tries harder than anyone, when he knows what he is doing. Witness the three or four or five blocks he made in Beastquake 2.
He just needs more coaching on receiving.

Nailed it. Effort is never the problem with Lockette.
Knowledge/experience/awareness at WR IS a problem.
Needs lots more coaching & experience.

He wasn't "soft" on "The Pick", he was overthinking and trying not to screw it up. The real problem was he had NO IDEA Butler was even there. Lack of WR experience and savvy.

Rob12

Reaction score
Couple problems I have here.

He's now an integral part of the Seattle Seahawks. First, the PCJS brain trust has already ironed out any potential "issues" that may or may not be dug up from the past. We have all seen how swiftly they deal with things like this (see Percy). My brain tells me that this is a 100 percent non issue.

Secondly, these are professional athletes, meaning that Jimmy Graham was welcomed into this family the SECOND this trade went down. Maybe he won't be widely liked, but he will be widely respected as a piece that makes this team better and will increase the odds of winning RINGS.

Really wish folks would stop bringing the past up. I'm just not seeing any of this being an issue.