"Are we witnessing Pete Carroll's coaching masterpiece?"

Seymour

Reaction score
:snack:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1070118938862735361[/tweet]

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Coach of the year award goes to the team that improved the most. Nagy will win it.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hawker8989":ijdq41tf said:
Coach of the year award goes to the team that improved the most. Nagy will win it.

Not if the Bears lose four of their last five games.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1v5p5diz said:
I thought it was like a month ago that you were saying Quinn was a better HC than Carroll. Let me check.

Edit- It was in September. Still a strange take. LOL.

Nope. Carroll had yet to recover from Cabevell. Quinn had upset the high seed Rams in the Playoffs and Quinn had been in the Super Bowl the year previous. Not strange at all.

You still need to unravel your logic on who should be coach of the year though.

The award tends to go to the head coach of the team that most outperforms expectations.

Not really. Schneider should have won Executive of the Year and Carroll should have won the Coach of Year Award in 2012. No team outperformed expectations more than the Seahawks that year.

Colts 2011 1 Win
Colts 2012 11 Wins

Seahawks 2011 7 Wins
Seahawks 2012 11 Wins

I disagree with the media's & your logic (though you contradicted it in this specific instance for biased reasons here), the Colts exceeded expectations the most, and that is why JSPC didn't win the award.

You're using the same logic referencing BB wins from the previous season. So "expectations".

The Patriots were 13-3 last year. Most pre-season prognosticators considered them a Super Bowl contender with their level of returning talent. The Patriots were the #1 ranked preseason team in the FiveThirtyEight Elo rankings.

Yet, they are on pace for 11 or 12 wins, which would be worse than last season.

And you should be happy the media is right there with you consistently voting with this logic.

The most improved "expectations" award. Ron Rivera has won the award twice because of this terrible logic. Jason freaking Garrett one of the worst coaches in the NFC won the award because of this.

538 isn't a best roster talent designation. it is a who is most likely to win the Superbowl designation which factors in Belichick. The Patriots talent wise are slightly above avg. Belichick is the difference.

I keep it simple. I give it to the best coach. Bill Belichick is carrying his team.

So many games this year where Bill could've switched sidelines, swapped rosters, and still won against the coach across from him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fade":1cf4d72z said:
hawknation2018":1cf4d72z said:
I thought it was like a month ago that you were saying Quinn was a better HC than Carroll. Let me check.

Edit- It was in September. Still a strange take. LOL.

Nope. Carroll had yet to recover from Cabevell. Quinn had upset the high seed Rams in the Playoffs and Quinn had been in the Super Bowl the year previous. Not strange at all.

What do you mean “nope”?

Fade":1cf4d72z said:
Regardless of the smaller sample size Quinn has made a Superbowl and an NFC Championship Game without Carroll. Pete hasn't without Quinn despite fielding the best team in football multiplie years, he can't make an NFC Championship game without Dan Quinn.

Dan Quinn > Pete Carroll

Mike Holmgren > Dan Quinn > Pete Carroll

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147680&hilit=Quinn&start=200

Own it. LOL.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2018":6omoj780 said:
Fade":6omoj780 said:
Regardless of the smaller sample size Quinn has made a Superbowl and an NFC Championship Game without Carroll. Pete hasn't without Quinn despite fielding the best team in football multiplie years, he can't make an NFC Championship game without Dan Quinn.

Dan Quinn > Pete Carroll

Own it. LOL.
This is creepy dude, stalking other men on the internet.

"Regardless of the smaller sample size Quinn has made a Superbowl & an NFC Championship without Carroll."

--> This is a FACT. So you want me to own a fact? I don't get it.

"Pete hasn't without Dan Quinn, despite fielding the best team in football multiple years, he can't make an NFC Championship game without Dan Quinn."

--> This is a also a FACT. Carroll has only made a Championship Game with Quinn.

"Dan Quinn > Pete Carroll"

Fade":6omoj780 said:
My coaching rankings are a fluid list. I don't believe in anything. I go with what the information is telling me. And slant more towards recent history, and trends in an ever changing league. Quinn was barely ahead of Carroll when he was at his best (Having beaten Carroll 2 times head to head including the playoffs, and had gone to a Super Bowl since leaving SEA) and when Carroll was at his worst. Hanging on to Cable and Bevell for far too long will unfortunately damage your ranking. That is no longer the case, but damn so much butt hurt coming from you 2nite. Bringing crap out of left field. :D

I stand by my quote above.

So I guess you're trying to argue I shouldn't have dinged Pete Carroll for hanging on to Cabevell for far too long? Ignored the dysfunction, infighting, and locker room problems? Meanwhile also ignoring Quinn's success in ATL going to a Super Bowl, and upsetting the Rams last year in the playoffs on the road?

2+ years of football, I should have put the blinders on, and drank kool-aid :179422:? Naw son.

I am sorry if this offended you (spooky), but this impacted the Seahawks in a negative way, and Carroll was responsible for it as the man in charge. I had no choice but to rank him below Quinn at that juncture especially after Pete lost head 2 head in the previous two meetings.

I posted this all the way back in September (spooky) with Carroll coming off a couple of underachieving seasons with 4 straight seasons of it being a downward trend, and the 5th being 0-2. The team had been a mess. Contrasted by Quinn coming off of a Superbowl, and huge upset of the LA Rams, very nice work indeed for Quinn.

I would not rank it this way now, as Pete and the team have clearly moved past Cabevell, the locker room issues, and turned the corner. Carroll > Quinn.

It wasn't looking good for Pete, even hawkblogger was going in on Pete.
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2018/09/im-tired-pete-carroll.html
So are you stalking him for holding the same well reasoned opinion at the time?

"Holmy > Quinn > Carroll"
If Pete keeps doing what he is doing, he will re-capture #1 soon enough. (I had him ranked over Holmy before he hung on to Cabevell for far too long, and it destroyed the team.) He is pretty much #1 again now, he just has to finish off this season and get the team back into the playoffs. = #1 again.

You got some issues "Stan". I think you need some counseling.

Fade

Reaction score
Hawker8989":q6m5ktj8 said:

You are correct, and that is why the award is meaningless. They need to change the name of the award to that.

"Most Improved Team" not "Coach of the Year".

Nagy is a pretty damn good play designer & play caller though.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fade":3rkvldgc said:
hawknation2018":3rkvldgc said:

Dan Quinn > Pete Carroll

Own it. LOL.

"Regardless of the smaller sample size Quinn has made a Superbowl & an NFC Championship without Carroll."

"Pete hasn't without Dan Quinn, despite fielding the best team in football multiple years, he can't make an NFC Championship game without Dan Quinn."

--> This is a also a FACT. Carroll has only made a Championship Game with Quinn.

My coaching rankings are a fluid list. I don't believe in anything. I go with what the information is telling me. And slant more towards recent history, and trends in an ever changing league. Quinn was barely ahead of Carroll when he was at his best (Having beaten Carroll 2 times head to head including the playoffs, and had gone to a Super Bowl since leaving SEA) and when Carroll was at his worst. Hanging on to Cable and Bevell for far too long will unfortunately damage your ranking. That is no longer the case, but damn so much butt hurt coming from you 2nite. Bringing crap out of left field. :D

So I guess you're trying to argue I shouldn't have dinged Pete Carroll for hanging on to Cabevell for far too long? Ignored the dysfunction, infighting, and locker room problems? Meanwhile also ignoring Quinn's success in ATL going to a Super Bowl, and upsetting the Rams last year in the playoffs on the road?

2+ years of football, I should have put the blinders on, and drank kool-aid :179422:? Naw son.

I am sorry if this offended you (spooky), but this impacted the Seahawks in a negative way, and Carroll was responsible for it as the man in charge. I had no choice but to rank him below Quinn at that juncture especially after Pete lost head 2 head in the previous two meetings.

I posted this all the way back in September (spooky) with Carroll coming off a couple of underachieving seasons with 4 straight seasons of it being a downward trend, and the 5th being 0-2. The team had been a mess. Contrasted by Quinn coming off of a Superbowl, and huge upset of the LA Rams, very nice work indeed for Quinn.

I would not rank it this way now, as Pete and the team have clearly moved past Cabevell, the locker room issues, and turned the corner. Carroll > Quinn.

If Pete keeps doing what he is doing, he will re-capture #1 soon enough. (I had him ranked over Holmy before he hung on to Cabevell for far too long, and it destroyed the team.) He is pretty much #1 again now, he just has to finish off this season and get the team back into the playoffs. = #1 again.

Get over yourself. LOL.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2018":23oa1amh said:
Fade":23oa1amh said:
hawknation2018":23oa1amh said:

Dan Quinn > Pete Carroll

Own it. LOL.

Get over yourself. LOL.

You're the one keeping a log on me dating back to months ago. Who knows? (spooky).

HN2018 right now -->
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FWeORvcnA1aco02Fgiphy

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fade":36sly5zn said:
hawknation2018":36sly5zn said:
hawknation2018":36sly5zn said:

Get over yourself. LOL.

You're the one keeping a log on me dating back to months ago. Who knows? (spooky).

HN2018 right now -->
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FWeORvcnA1aco02Fgiphy

So dramatic...

Latest posts