Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Giants)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
NWB, a term created by a faithful fan, our Sutz, for the folks who always are unsatisfied after every game that the team doesn't win 43-3.

It's hard to win any game in the NFL, and style points don't make a single difference to the standings. That doesn't seem to matter. NWB fails to give full credit to the team for winning. Here at "homers.net", as this site has been pergoratively described in the past, there is a new almost palpable negativity which is very odd considering how well the team has performed during their regime. Imagine being a fan of the Jets or some other sad sack team. There is a sense of entitlement or expectation of dominance which fails to consider that other teams are staffed by professional players and coaches who are being paid as well. We need to know we are lucky and the team is doing much better than average, and they haven't for many periods of their history.

I liked Jamal Adams last postgame flip off to negativity from a reporter, many here need to watch his interview. The FO has assembled a potentially good team and it is 2nd in the Conference standings at present, and leading the division by a full game. The pieces are coming together and as a fan it's a great time to be a fan of the team. The defence looks to be improving and with a return to health of some players we should see a return to RW for MVP conversation.

My prediction 34-13 for the Hawks with Wilson throwing for 4 TDs. The game will never be in doubt. I don't expect Daniel Jones to play.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Aussie Seahawk":3nswamty said:
Aros":3nswamty said:
Look for much of the same this Sunday when the Giants travel to Lumen Field - where the Seahawks are undefeated - with Colt McCoy serving as the starting QB for the Giants. While I think Colt has one of the most badass names for a QB, his skillset doesn't quite live up to his moniker.

So, he isn't the real McCoy? (ducking flying objects)... but Chuck Long would have to be the most ridiculously amazing name for a QB!

Good one Aussie! :2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
jammerhawk":v52ktbwh said:
NWB, a term created by a faithful fan, our Sutz, for the folks who always are unsatisfied after every game that the team doesn't win 43-3.

It's hard to win any game in the NFL, and style points don't make a single difference to the standings. That doesn't seem to matter. NWB fails to give full credit to the team for winning. Here at "homers.net", as this site has been pergoratively described in the past, there is a new almost palpable negativity which is very odd considering how well the team has performed during their regime. Imagine being a fan of the Jets or some other sad sack team. There is a sense of entitlement or expectation of dominance which fails to consider that other teams are staffed by professional players and coaches who are being paid as well. We need to know we are lucky and the team is doing much better than average, and they haven't for many periods of their history.

I liked Jamal Adams last postgame flip off to negativity from a reporter, many here need to watch his interview. The FO has assembled a potentially good team and it is 2nd in the Conference standings at present, and leading the division by a full game. The pieces are coming together and as a fan it's a great time to be a fan of the team. The defence looks to be improving and with a return to health of some players we should see a return to RW for MVP conversation.

My prediction 34-13 for the Hawks with Wilson throwing for 4 TDs. The game will never be in doubt. I don't expect Daniel Jones to play.
What you and all the others who believe a 24-21 OT win against an inferior opponent (example, not referring to a particular game) is the same as a 54-3 ass-whoopin' against that same opponent fail to realize is that while it doesn't affect the W/L record, it DOES hold a bit of predictive power for future games. For example, I predicted a close score for the Eagles game because even though they are a train wreck this year and we're doing very, very well overall, I know from past experience that we play down to inferior opponents the vast majority of the time. A smart bettor would have put money on the Seahawks NOT covering the spread...and they would have won. Pete got it stuck in his head that it's somehow shameful to beat up on an inferior opponent and we haven't really done it since Russell's rookie year.

I'll put it another way - we fans are like parents and the Seahawks are our child, and we watch them get a B- or C+ on tests we know full well they are capable of getting an A on. (The 'tests' being, inferior opponents.)

LTH

Reaction score
and who drafted Colt McCoy? Mike Holmgren.... LOL

LTHJ

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seattle 24
NY Tiny men 20

More “Pete Ball” in the first half, more refusing to put the opponent away via conservative and predictable play calling on both sides of the ball. A win, but one within’ the reach of steering zebras.

kf3339

Reaction score
I can't see how the Giants can stay with us, but then again it's our way. So

Hawks 34
Giants 24

We probably get a late TD to ice the game.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Hamhawk":118lnxem said:
Pete always seems to play to the level of our competition,....so although we should beat the Giants by 2+ TDs,...
Hawks 27 Giants 20
Totally agree it's as if they play someone they're suppose to beat they just don't practice they take it for granted let's hope Hawks 21 G men 17

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Did anyone even predict a Giants win? Anyone?

I feel dirty. I need a shower. And a lot of wine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":q7pf510v said:
Did anyone even predict a Giants win? Anyone?

I feel dirty. I need a shower. And a lot of wine.

Not specifically the Giants, many were leaning towards the Former Skins.

But we were looking at pooching against one of these teams, this is the one I guess, I think this drills down focus and we desperately need our right side of the line back, they were stunting and bull rushing and blitzing all game with those Substitutes in.