Article: Pete Carroll Chasing Another Title

Steve2222

Reaction score
And I'm not taking anything away from Pete's time at USC Either. What Pete did at USC was nothing short of excellent as well.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
HansGruber":20ostnhz said:
CPHawk":20ostnhz said:
HansGruber":20ostnhz said:
RolandDeschain":20ostnhz said:
That is freaking awesome. I don't follow college at all; is Douchebaugh eligible for this, too? (How about any other current NFL head coaches?)

Harbaugh never won a national championship. In fact, he never even won the Pac-10 championship. The best he ever did was lose to Oregon and watch them get stomped by Auburn for the natty.

Field goal as time runs out = stomping?

Wow. Forgot the score was that close. It's funny, when I think back on it, I just recall Auburn's defense stomping the living hell out of that Oregon offense and being in a bar full of sad Ducks. Fairley destroyed that team, broke their backs and their wills. He looked like a grown man playing against children. It was painful to watch and I was actually rooting for the Ducks.
On a somewhat related note, whenever I see Jonathan Dwyer on a sunday this is all I can think of http://youtu.be/PZByETNgIh0?t=8m25s and how awful it must have felt for Oregon fans.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ksfmcg7 said:
HansGruber":2ksfmcg7 said:
Steve2222":2ksfmcg7 said:
What Harbaugh did to the program of Stanford was nothing short of excellent.

Hang around for a few years, demand a huge paycheck, then quit and leave for the NFL when he didn't get it?

What's your point? What does demanding a huge paycheck have anything to do with how he turned a powder puff PAC 10 school into a dominant Power that to this day is still reaping the benfits off the groundwork he put into place?

I did say I hate him as much as the next guy.

LOL. I got a couple Stanford buddies that would laugh you outta the room with that.

You think Harbaugh built that program by himself? Did he commit the 500m to the athletic program and renovations before he was hired? And how do you explain that they've had better success after he left?

That stuff is so funny. Everyone outside Stanford gives Harbaugh credit for rebuilding the program and everyone inside the program hates him for driving away a couple big recruits and abandoning the program before ever winning anything.

The Radish

Reaction score
Any further comments about college ball get this string locked or moved to the college forum

:les: