Russell Okung: Pete Carroll Brainwashed Me

Rat

Reaction score

His blog post for Day 1 reads, "Thou shalt have no gods before me" — starts with the declaration, "Pete Carroll brainwashed me." Okung describes his first team meeting as an NFL rookie and how the esteemed coach held up a football and told his players to commit their all to the pigskin.

Does Pete have no shame?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Nothing against Okung but, damn, I wish Seattle was able to draft Trent Williams at that time.

The Silverback is the attitude that I personally love.

Okung seems to just not that have that edge that you want in a football player.

And Williams has played at an elite level for so long. The guy is still playing at a high level!

toffee

Reaction score
TWO entirely different things here, so which one did Pete said:

1. "Thou shalt have no gods before me"
2. Pete held up a football and told his players to commit their all to the pigskin.

(1) made Pete sounded like a maniac, or at least a very poor joke? (2) we should expect our players to commit their all to their job, nothing wrong. Oklung need to get out of his diet, whatever he is doing may not be good for his brain.

If Oklung did commit to the game, he might still have a job.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
TWO entirely different things here, so which one did Pete said:

1. "Thou shalt have no gods before me"
2. Pete held up a football and told his players to commit their all to the pigskin.

(1) made Pete sounded like a maniac, or at least a very poor joke? (2) we should expect our players to commit their all to their job, nothing wrong. Oklung need to get out of his diet, whatever he is doing may not be good for his brain.
yea...you have to read it carfully.

JPatera76

Reaction score
he's irrelevant now... hell he was when he was with us, then self negotiated his contract

BigMeach

Reaction score
Considering his following sentence appears to put him in the PC role for his own family as he states ""And while I don't elevate a metaphorical football, I uplift a concept of more lasting significance."... he seems to not be hating on Pete. But then again this is all derived from a paragraph. Who knows.

Mick063

Reaction score
He was a solid player, but nothing to write home about.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Losing that much weight that quickly isn't necessarily the best for the brain - but what the hell do I know, I'm just a shrink
I can imagine how poorly the liver & kidney functions were during the middle of a water fast. Plus he was burning up muscle tissue to get his protein. Fasting for a week is probably healthy but 40 days can cause some issues beyond the fasting. Mental health is at risk for sure as well as the function of all the other organ in the body. Yes he should recover but the risk to the brain is dangerous. The liver regenerates but not the brain.

sutz

Reaction score
So basically it is a religious testimony disguised as a sports interview. 🤷‍♂️

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dude squandered an entire year's salary taking it in crypto, not sure he's the best player to take all that seriously.

Latest posts