Article: Schneider's Strategem: The Running Back Draft

bighawk

Reaction score
: I think Prosise is more similar to Marshall Faulk he runs well and catches with ease. His style and quick feet and speed.

McGruff

Reaction score
bighawk":3r95aha9 said:
: I think Prosise is more similar to Marshall Faulk he runs well and catches with ease. His style and quick feet and speed.

That may be too lofty a comparison.

Somewhere between Faulk and Maurice Morris Maurice. MoMo was a great route runner and receiver at the position.

Wolfepack

Reaction score
All I know is that once I learned of Prosise's WR background, all I could picture is him catching that HB wheel route that we run. You all know what I'm talking about? That sweet floater that Russ so effortlessly dropped into Lynch's hands over the trailing LB ... and I bet this kids is gonna do that route even better.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't see eye to eye with some of the Procise comps in here. The player he reminds me the most of is Jonathan Dwyer. Lots of speed plus size, but linear. A heavy runner, but not a polished one. Dwyer was a home run hitter and I'm expecting Procise will be as well. Dwyer was a draft bust but he got a lot of chances from the Steelers and Cardinals before it was over. Though he was a lousy NFL RB, he had rare traits that made it hard to give up on him.

I think Pete is a good enough coach that he will find a nice role for Procise and he'll get us a decent number of big plays this year. I think Procise will have a better career but in terms of comparing college tape to college tape, Dwyer is the player who I am reminded of.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thankfully a sober voice, while it's easy to be excited by the prospect of any rookie draft pick especially one with potential we only need to recall the underwhelming results so far delivered by Michael who has 'potential' oozing from him. Not want to be a downer here , but let's wait and watch to see if Procisse can deliver Ricky Waters, or Marshall Faulk level abilities as a pro. until then he's an untested rookie with high potential. We'll know soon enough.

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":k9pf3fgp said:
Thankfully a sober voice, while it's easy to be excited by the prospect of any rookie draft pick especially one with potential we only need to recall the underwhelming results so far delivered by Michael who has 'potential' oozing from him. Not want to be a downer here , but let's wait and watch to see if Procisse can deliver Ricky Waters, or Marshall Faulk level abilities as a pro. until then he's an untested rookie with high potential. We'll know soon enough.

Well, those are pretty lofty standards. Two of the top three all purpose backs ever. I think if we can get Leon Washington, Justin Forsett or even Mo Morris type production we should be ecstatic.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The reason to pump the brakes on any hype train is to forestall the inevitable backlash when rookies perform like rookies. I don't think that really works, however, and people will overreact down the road regardless of how much cold water you splash them with in training camp.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Yeah, that writer is a noob. Could use some polish. For example...

Prosise is a converted receiver. The Seahawks will throw him the football. Also, Russell Wilson is short and Kam Chancellor is painful. That's the obvious stuff out of the way.

The last sentence drags out the non sequitur and ruins its humor. Keep it simple, rookie.

But I'll take it over John Morgan's self-indulgence. Pro tip: endless John Steinbeck references do not make you profound and cool.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":20j5b9my said:
jammerhawk":20j5b9my said:

Well, those are pretty lofty standards. Two of the top three all purpose backs ever. I think if we can get Leon Washington, Justin Forsett or even Mo Morris type production we should be ecstatic.

Totally agree with everything you said. It would be nice however, if Procisse turns out to be special and exceptional as many here hope. It is just way too soon to know as he has started slowly b/c he was nicked up.

Latest posts