Article: The Worst Player on Every Team

Rat

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/281 ... al#slide29

Is this accurate for the Seahawks?

Seattle Seahawks: OT Germain Ifedi

Alex Gallardo/Associated Press
After years of being a weak link, the Seattle Seahawks offensive line has improved this season. It has still allowed too much pressure on quarterback Russell Wilson (who has been sacked 45 times), but it has been better at run blocking.

2016 first-round pick Germain Ifedi has looked better, too, but he still isn't playing particularly well. He continues to struggle with power at the point of attack and has trouble with nimble pass-rushers coming off the edge.

According to Football Outsiders, Seattle ranks 21st when running off right tackle, averaging 4.05 adjusted line yards per carry.

Ifedi has only one year remaining on his contract, and he's running out of time to prove that he deserves to be a long-term part of the team.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Bleacher Report is synomymous with inaccuracy. It’s lazy analysis by non-experts who rely on ill-informed twitter opinions.

Ifedi has had a pretty good season. Improved pass blocking technique. Good run blocking, for the most part. Penalties down. He was injured last week, but is back at practice again.

Ifedi is not even the worst offensive lineman on the team, much less the worst overall player.

The lowest graded player on PFF (and one of the lowest graded overall players in the league) is Austin Calitro, and that matches the eye test. Calitro is a CFL-level athlete; he would not have been playing on defense if not for injuries to Mychal Kendricks and K.J. Wright (thank God he’s back). Also, Shaquem Griffin is only a rookie. But Shaquem is again seeing snaps on defense ahead of Calitro, which is a good thing.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
No, it's Russ... He's too short. Haven't you got the memo?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
C J Prosise.

Guys that actually play—I agree about Calitro and I cringed every time I saw Delano Hill in the game. Hill seemed to do pretty decent last game though. Seabass has been pretty average/bad also.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If Ifedi is this year's worst player, that's not too worrying.

Jville

Reaction score
What a holiday downer of a theme. Who wrote it ....... Debbie?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bleacher Report is the National Enquirer of NFL media analysis.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is a classic case of shifting baselines. We have watched such bad line play for 8 years we don't know what good looks like anymore. Ifiedi is bad but Mike Solari coached him up to be below average.

If I had to vote I would have given the award to Tedric Thompson. The pass D gave up chunk plays a lot this past season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Is this the worst starter or worst player? Worst player is usually some practice squad guy called up as an injury replacement. Worst starter is a different story.

If we are looking at the Seahawks worst starter as of today (so excluding guys on IR), then it probably comes down to Ifedi or Thompson. But there are definitely worse players backing up starters.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If this was judging Ifedi on what he did during the 2016/2017 season, I would have wholeheartedly agreed, but 2018?, nope, not even close.
Solari has helped him break some very bad habits, some O-Line Coaching techniques that apparently Cable was unaware of.
If he were the worst O-Lineman, I believe Solari would have substituted his ass with someone else.
I believe that Brown might have helped him a lot also.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
sdog1981":2ldev98c said:
This is a classic case of shifting baselines. We have watched such bad line play for 8 years we don't know what good looks like anymore. Ifiedi is bad but Mike Solari coached him up to be below average.

If I had to vote I would have given the award to Tedric Thompson. The pass D gave up chunk plays a lot this past season.

Thompson hasn’t be great, but he hasn’t been bad either. He has an “above average” grade on PFF of 65.7. Thompson is second among safeties with just seven receptions allowed and 59.3 snaps per coverage receptions, per Pro Football Focus.

Players who have been much worse: Austin Calitro (29.2), Shaquem Griffin (39.9), Rasheed Green (46.5), Ethan Pocic (47.4), Shaquill Griffin (53.3), etc.

Shaquill has really been playing well of late. Pocic and Shaquem also played pretty well against the Chiefs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why do people take this stuff to heart, IF you watch the team you should know where the weakness's are and where we need to improve and not need a hack looking at clicks to tell you. Those who read this shit and take it to heart are as lazy as the writer. Ifedi has improved dramatically, he had to be rebuilt and re taught everything Cable tried to drill into him and is a work in progress still. I mean Cable took a All Pro and made him less then average in Brown with his teachings.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Bleacher Report hires writers off Craigslist (I kid you not) - take it all with a grain of salt.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ifedi has somehow become a serviceable player this year. Last year the BR article would have been on the money.
I don't notice Calitro sucking, and in fact he's made a few key plays here and there that I do notice.
Maybe it's just that I don't expect so much from Calitro other than to hold down his job enough to let the amazing Bobby Wagner do his thing.