Atlanta at Tampa Bay Tonight

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tampa's defense was so bad last night. Atlanta didn't punt once. Matty Ice dropped back and threw at ease all night.

On a side note, Mike Evans is ridiculously good. As much as I love our WR's, I've always been envious of those bigger type of WR's that you can just throw the ball up to. That one handed catch by Evans might have been the catch of the year.

treefidy

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":34qpozg4 said:
Yeah no need to worry about home-field. We are only one loss behind the Cowboys. And don't forget we own a tie-breaker with Atlanta. Once Atlanta has to start playing road games in November/December against someone better than Tampa, they will fold. Like the Saints, they are a finesse team that is built for the dome. The rest of their schedule is pretty tough, looking at it, wouldn't surprise me if they finish the year 3-4.

Right now the worst case scenario looks pretty favorable, we lose home field to Dallas. Dallas has little to no home field advantage. If we have to go play an NFC Championship game in Cowboys stadium, it will basically be a neutral field game.

Atlanta is 4-1 on the road. Including Wins in Oakland (Outdoors), Denver (Outdoors), Tampa (Outdoors) and a 2 point loss in Seattle (Outdoors)

We are 2-2 at home.

We've also played 5 road games vs 4 home games and are better on the Road, so not sure where this fineness team built for the road stuff is coming from. We have the #10 ranked rushing offense and #1 ranked passing offense. Our defense is young, with something like 7 rookies starting and 3 more players in their second seasons. They have a lot of young moments, and then they have some gelling moments, but if they can completely gel, I see no way of Seattle beating us in the dome.

You beat us by 2 in your own house with a young defense 6 weeks into the season. Yet a lot of Seahawks fans "are not worried about the Falcons"

That's pretty funny...

chris98251

Reaction score
treefidy":1fs7bqb2 said:
Hawk-Lock":1fs7bqb2 said:
Yeah no need to worry about home-field. We are only one loss behind the Cowboys. And don't forget we own a tie-breaker with Atlanta. Once Atlanta has to start playing road games in November/December against someone better than Tampa, they will fold. Like the Saints, they are a finesse team that is built for the dome. The rest of their schedule is pretty tough, looking at it, wouldn't surprise me if they finish the year 3-4.

Right now the worst case scenario looks pretty favorable, we lose home field to Dallas. Dallas has little to no home field advantage. If we have to go play an NFC Championship game in Cowboys stadium, it will basically be a neutral field game.

Atlanta is 4-1 on the road. Including Wins in Oakland (Outdoors), Denver (Outdoors), Tampa (Outdoors) and a 2 point loss in Seattle (Outdoors)

We are 2-2 at home.

We've also played 5 road games vs 4 home games and are better on the Road, so not sure where this fineness team built for the road stuff is coming from. We have the #10 ranked rushing offense and #1 ranked passing offense. Our defense is young, with something like 7 rookies starting and 3 more players in their second seasons. They have a lot of young moments, and then they have some gelling moments, but if they can completely gel, I see no way of Seattle beating us in the dome.

You beat us by 2 in your own house with a young defense 6 weeks into the season. Yet a lot of Seahawks fans "are not worried about the Falcons"

That's pretty funny...

You have earned a certain amount of chest bumping about your team, you still lost to us with a injured Wilson, Baldwin, Lockett, Kam and Bennett. The playoffs are a whole different type of game which if your there you will understand, a young team typically gets a wake up call that first season, Quinn at least knows what to expect to try to get your team ramped up.

If we make it there which some of us grounded fans are still in question about given our health issues and any others that could arise we will look forward to meeting up again.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
That awful TB defense is the fourth highest paid in the entire league. Wow, ugly.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
treefidy":1kyfas5x said:
Hawk-Lock":1kyfas5x said:

We are 2-2 at home.

That's pretty funny...

Like I said, there is a big difference between playing outdoor games in September and November/December. I'm going to guess the game in Oakland was played in great conditions, as it was Oakland in early September. Sorry, but beating Paxton Lynch in Denver isn't a huge feat. Lynch was obviously a deer caught in headlights that entire game. Tampa is a bottom 10 team, good job for beating a horrible team that was down to their 4th and 5th string RB's and basically only one healthy WR.

Lets see how they do the remainder of the schedule. Don't forget last year they started like 6-0 and didn't even make the playoffs. I think they're a much better team than last year, but I don't see them being a serious threat to us in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, Atlanta is a good team. Just like how New Orleans was a good team three years ago. But when it matters most, they'll fall short because they're a finesse team and have a soft defense.

While we barely squeeked out a win, we dominated them for 3 quarters. Yes we got destroyed for one quarter, but that may have been some of the worst defense we've played in one quarter in the PC era. And lets see how Atlanta matches up with us when we have Kam.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Hey, Treefiddy is still around!! I thought you were out of here after things didn't shake out in Seattle. Good to see you back.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
treefidy":28xbdk0f said:
Hawk-Lock":28xbdk0f said:

We are 2-2 at home.

That's pretty funny...

You act as though our offense will be this inept in January. And if it is, Falcons-Seahawks II won't happen anyway.

Defense wins championships. Our defense is arguably the best in football. In the playoffs explosive offenses do not win Super Bowls.. just ask Carolina and the 2013-14 Broncos

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
In terms of playoff matchups I would much rather play Atlanta than Dallas or Green Bay,

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1pxashnw said:
In terms of playoff matchups I would much rather play Atlanta than Dallas or Green Bay,

Agreed.

I think we can beat any of those three teams at home. I'd love to play Atlanta at home, as I don't think they can hang with us in a cold and possibly rainy playoff game. Don't forget Matty Ice is a known choker in the playoffs.

If we have to go on the road, give me the Cowboys. That stadium doesn't scare me at all. Going into Atlanta or Lambeau won't be easy, even though I think those teams are weaker than Dallas. Home field advantage is for real in the NFL.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":s7dcgnip said:
CodeWarrior":s7dcgnip said:

Agreed.

I think we can beat any of those three teams at home. I'd love to play Atlanta at home, as I don't think they can hang with us in a cold and possibly rainy playoff game. Don't forget Matty Ice is a known choker in the playoffs.

If we have to go on the road, give me the Cowboys. That stadium doesn't scare me at all. Going into Atlanta or Lambeau won't be easy, even though I think those teams are weaker than Dallas. Home field advantage is for real in the NFL.

No other team concerns me. The Seahawks lose when they beat themselves. In the two losses and the tie this year, they beat themselves. The Seahawk defense will stuff Elliot and Dak. Seahawks already beat the Falcons once. Green bay has more injuries than the Seahawks do and their defense is weak. Don't see any big threats here.

Latest posts