B/R Predicts 14-2 Season

raisethe3

Reaction score
Man, for some reason, I always keep thinking Carroll is due for a win @ SF. He hasn't won at SF since he became coach here. I think its time the Hawks win it. The last two contest was close, but we're a better team now than those 2 previous years. I am going out to say Hawks 15-1 with the only loss @ Arizona, after pulling an emotional victory against SF on Thursday night.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
kearly":2h4kxil2 said:
I can't buy into the Rams. Their D-Line is extremely good, but the rest of their team is just a sub-par collection of parts with no vision behind it, no cohesiveness, no plan, no chemistry.

The Rams ST also had an outlier season last year, ranking 4th after being 26th and 28th the two years prior. That will probably regress. No other team got a bigger positive swing from their ST last season, and even with that help the Rams still only barely posted a positive DVOA.

The Rams feel like the Mariners of the NFL and vice-versa. People keep thinking the Mariners will be good every year because they have a few superstars at premium positions, but in the end the crappy parts of the roster weigh the M's down. You take away the D-Line of the Rams and they might as well be the Raiders. That D-line carries them a long way but it can only take them so far.

The Seahawks baseline "expected wins" the last two seasons were 13 each season (per football outsiders). The Hawks underachieved that number in 2012 thanks to some close losses then nailed it in 2013. I think the baseline will probably remain at 13, but I see them overachieving it this year as their hardest games are at home and only have to deal with three 10am starts. They are currently favored to win 15 of their 16 games, and will probably benefit from improved OL play (no more McQuistan and Bowie at tackle) not to mention the huge impact Harvin will have opening up our offense if he lasts 13+ games.

Like Matt Miller I think Seattle has a very solid chance to go into the Thanksgiving game undefeated.

Bro, just gotta mention their OL. A 332 pound, second overall pick, Greg Robinson fills a hole at LG. Saffold at RG will be huge. Jake Long staying healthy is a big factor. They say he's on pace and returned this week, still limited.

People say it comes down to Bradford, I say it comes down to their OL. Bradford will make it look easy if teams struggle to stop the run. Remember, they dang near best us with Stacy leading the way and Clemens at QB. It gives me an uneasy feeling...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":10445fo0 said:
Bold prediction, but I like it. Also, if you're gonna go bold, get it right. We'll drop the one at Carolina, not the one at Arizona.

Really ? We're going to cut guys that can shut down any of their WRs. DeAngelo Hall is getting older and didn't do so hot against us last time, and their other RB (having a serious brainfart and he's from OR too) is hurt again already. You're not going to win against a team when you're scoring 6 points at best.

Their defense is still bad ass, and they're probably going to shut down our running game, but we beat them through the air last year, and our passing attack is better this year. Who do they have, exactly, that is going to cover Harvin ? Kearse and Baldwin also had good games against them.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
raisethe3":1clqx5vg said:
Man, for some reason, I always keep thinking Carroll is due for a win @ SF. He hasn't won at SF since he became coach here. I think its time the Hawks win it. The last two contest was close, but we're a better team now than those 2 previous years. I am going out to say Hawks 15-1 with the only loss @ Arizona, after pulling an emotional victory against SF on Thursday night.

Dude stop...just stop. Do NOT start me daydreaming about beating them in their new house...

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":3j2aw84b said:
14-2 is my personal prediction for Seattle.

I could see the 49ers potentially going 14-2 as well, they are very hard to beat when Kaepernick has weapons. That said, it's kinda silly that he has them winning at Denver and at New Orleans but losing at NYG. The 49ers are the NFL's best team against underdogs, but they are not as good against top teams as Seattle is.

Dumbest part of the list is having the Broncos 6th. And the Colts 4th. And the Bears over the Packers. And the Panthers at #21 despite having that awesome defense.

Seahawk Sailor":3j2aw84b said:
Wow, wow, wow. Homertastic.

Homer? Is Miller a 49ers fan?

It's weird, some of this his stuff seems spot on, and some of it is off base. I think it was Tampa that he had winning @NO but losing to NO at home. Huh ?

As for the Niners, I really don't see them going 14-2, but I don't see us doing that either. SF has a lot of good offensive weapons, but it remains to be seen that Kaepernick can actually use them. He's been proven to be a read 1, read 2, RUN ! QB. Proof of this is simple: when Crabtree was out, it was Boldin and Davis getting all the good numbers. When Crabtree came back, Davis virtually disappeared. Also, seeing predetermined reads like him throwing at Boldin even when Chancellor had that route covered, and going to Crabtree against Sherman...QBs don't make up their mind pre snap unless they're A. very confident about that read or B. not too confident about getting to the 3rd read.

Adding Stevie Johnson is a stellar move on paper, but it remains to be seen if Kap can actually utlizie that 3rd option on a consistent basis. The other problem he has is that our defense has him pegged. If he can't grow as a player and add new dimensions to his game, we're going to continue to own him. We win that game last year @SF if our defense keeps Gore from one big run.

I don't see SF winning @NO unless their secondary really steps up. Plus, Ryan is a damned good DC, he's going to see where Kap burned them last year, and if Kap goes into the Superdome the same player....Rex is going to own him too.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
My question is who in their right mind believes San Francisco will ever win 14 games with Krapperdink and Wilson in their way?

seahawksny

Reaction score
I think I would pick a 14-2 finish over a 12-0 start.
14 is a lot of wins, but 12-0 to start? Almost unheard of. Plus being brought down to earth early might not be a bad thing

Melencause

Reaction score
kearly":30l0ne6w said:
14-2 is my personal prediction for Seattle.

I could see the 49ers potentially going 14-2 as well, they are very hard to beat when Kaepernick has weapons. That said, it's kinda silly that he has them winning at Denver and at New Orleans but losing at NYG. The 49ers are the NFL's best team against underdogs, but they are not as good against top teams as Seattle is.

Dumbest part of the list is having the Broncos 6th. And the Colts 4th. And the Bears over the Packers. And the Panthers at #21 despite having that awesome defense.

Seahawk Sailor":30l0ne6w said:
Wow, wow, wow. Homertastic.

Homer? Is Miller a 49ers fan?

I don't see why the broncos falling is a bad prediction. Personally I see both Broncos and 49ers falling this year and colts/rams/pats/GB picking up some slack

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would take 14-2 right now!

But with our schedule and how nasty the NFC West is? Don't think that's going to happen.

Still early, and the schedule NEVER turns out how you think it will, but I'm inclined to lean towards the 11-5 or 12-4 ranged. I'm super worried about our depth at O-line and WR (gee, how many years in row have we said this?)

Cartire

Reaction score
HAHA.

If you read his predictions, he has Hawks at #1 and SF at #2. But, both going 14-2 and SF winning the tiebreaker, because of division wins, to win the NFCW. Does not compute.