Baalke/Tomsula

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29pba0n9 said:
Tomsula, even if he's an amazing coach, doesn't have any idea how to be the face of the franchise or how to interact with the media. Coordinators basically learn how to get comfortable talking to the media while on the job when the stakes are lower.

Good point.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3c97hdiz said:
Yep, definitely a much better performance on Tomsula's part, although to be fair, that's not saying much.

While I obviously want Tomsula to be successful because I'm a fan (although I really have my doubts; mostly due to the coordinators he was(n't) able to atrract rather than Tomsula himself), I also kinda want him to be successful just because it would hilarious if he was.

It's interesting in that even if you bracket out all coaching ability as a black box that's fundamentally unknowable before someone gets in the role, we still get some insight into all the extra-coaching factors as to why it's really rare for positional coaches to jump the line be promoted to head coaches.

Tomsula, even if he's an amazing coach, doesn't have any idea how to be the face of the franchise or how to interact with the media. Coordinators basically learn how to get comfortable talking to the media while on the job when the stakes are lower.

I don't think you're alone there. It would be pretty damn funny.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Laloosh":1cpk69aq said:
Popeyejones":1cpk69aq said:
Yep, definitely a much better performance on Tomsula's part, although to be fair, that's not saying much.

While I obviously want Tomsula to be successful because I'm a fan (although I really have my doubts; mostly due to the coordinators he was(n't) able to atrract rather than Tomsula himself), I also kinda want him to be successful just because it would hilarious if he was.

It's interesting in that even if you bracket out all coaching ability as a black box that's fundamentally unknowable before someone gets in the role, we still get some insight into all the extra-coaching factors as to why it's really rare for positional coaches to jump the line be promoted to head coaches.

I don't think you're alone there. It would be pretty damn funny.
Time will tell, but I got a feeling there won't be much laughter in Frisco over the next couple of years.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
York and Balke will successfully turn a contender into an also ran, it won't take long either. The Digits will soon suck.

First they fire a successful coaching staff and hire a bunch of nobodies, then they succeed in losing a few key players in FA, and are forced to overpay others but don't succed in replacing those lost. Soon little depth, a one dimensional one read QB, several gangsters who will get suspended, then no vision for a team and a clueless owner with a egomaniacal GM. Players will run for the hills and soon it will be the last place 49ers. Too bad, so sad.

Our developing rivalries in the NFC-W are now to be the Cardinals and the Rams.