back up center

Jville

Reaction score
There are certainly other possibilities. But, Jordan Roos is one of them.

Jville":ir7p8tnn said:
jammerhawk":ir7p8tnn said:
Chris:

During preseason Roos practiced some as a C, so I suppose it’s him.

That's right. I'd forgotten all about that. They qualified him at center to back up all three interior positions. Seahawks place a high value on the center position. Typically at least 4 deep when putting a team together.

But that is still only 8 offensive linemen on a roster that likes to deploy a 6th linemen with some regularity.

Copied from Jammerhawks's thread >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153536&start=350#p2328024[/urltargetblank]

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
The only other Center listed on the team is Kyle Fuller who is on the practice squad. Jordan Roos was elevated from the practice squad instead of Fuller. I have no doubt there's a plan though I'm not sure what happens in an emergency if Hunt gets banged up. Maybe during practice they will take a look at Jamarco Jones at Center since he surprised them filling in at Guard. IMO it would be worth a look to see if he could handle the spot.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1189628838038233088[/tweet]

DJrmb

Reaction score
Pete said Roos has practiced at center for them "for a while". I'd also expect them to bring back Pocic when he's eligible.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Jville":vhn4arq3 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1189628838038233088[/tweet]

I saw Jordan at the store the other day. Guy is huge. Hope he has skills. Good luck to him, this could be his break.

chris98251

Reaction score
First time he snaps the shot gun snap and it's a roller, high or to the side he will look like a pin cushion with the darts thrown at him from here.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I still think Tyler Ott running a deep shotgun formation would be the best option...

xray

Reaction score
Is there a conditioning problem with the Hawks ? Seems like more injuries than usual . Losing Britt is huge .

olyfan63

Reaction score
xray":3722fyhm said:
Is there a conditioning problem with the Hawks ? Seems like more injuries than usual . Losing Britt is huge .

I sorta recall Pete & Co. fired the previous strength and conditioning coaching staff and brought in a new regime, that was going to improve on the poor results of the previous fools and losers whose ignorance and sloppiness was failing to protect players from preventable injuries. Forgive me if I'm a year behind; I think this may have been along with releasing Cabevell and bringing in Schotty and Solari.

I guess, with all the injuries we've had, the new strength and conditioning regime, improving on the old, not so much?

At least our OL and offense benefited from those moves.

HawkerD

Reaction score
xray":2m5ccx1o said:

Kind of like asking if there is a dying problem in the Roman Gladiator League. :0190l:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wx2k4pe said:
No, there isn't. Guys get hurt in the NFL, on ALL teams.

Last time I looked the injury rate per game was something like six players per game. I don't know what the serious injury rate is, but if we assume half the injuries go to one team and half of those are serious (this part I'm just pulling out of my ass), we have about 1.5 serious injuries per game. That would be 24 serious injuries per team, per season.

Some teams have better luck over the course of the seasons, but the "our players get hurt more" is likely more of an exposure bias from closely following one team and not all the others.

The NFL has over 275 players on injured reserve this year so far, which means an average of about 8.5 per team. The Seahawks have 14; it seems high but when I look at the list the only really sucky ones are Britt and Dissly. Pocic, Dickson, and Jones might get nods here, but really it is two key starters on IR, which doesn't seem like a lot.

I don't see this as a particularly bad injury so far this year for this team.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1193295897024593920[/tweet]

From the most recent Pete Carroll transcript >>>
(On how Phil Haynes fits back into the team now that he’s back) “We’ve been really excited about Phil playing the guard spot for us because he’s a big, strong guy. He’s a really powerful man. We’re hoping that he can fill in and play for Mike [Iupati] or play on the right side if we need to for [D.J.] Fluke. We don’t feel like we’re going to lose the physicality that we really cherish. He’s doing a really good job. He could use more work, though. He’s missed so much time. He’ll continue obviously to improve. At this point, he’s given himself a chance to get really close to playing. We’re really happy with his process and we haven’t seen anything we don’t like.”

(On if Haynes would ever be an option at center) “He has worked there. He has worked there some and he’s practicing to develop that flexibility.”