Backup QB's you think are good..

Largent80

Reaction score
I actually thought BJ Daniels would be as close to RW as we could get. It's the reason I am a rube.

Laloosh

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":r3e3ad33 said:
pehawk":r3e3ad33 said:
Popeyejones":r3e3ad33 said:
UK_Seahawk":r3e3ad33 said:
RG3 or Kaepernick anyone?

[emoji38]

Yeah, was thinking of those two also.

I think the major problem is that it's basically impossible to answer the question, as almost all of these guys rarely if ever play.

As a result we're forced to just come up with a list of 1) guys that are still in there 20s and looked pretty good at some point awhile ago (RG3; Glennon, Kap) and 2) guys who by chance have gotten the chance to play recently and didn't totally stink up the place (Mettenberger and McCarron).

Just as two examples:

1) Through the first half of last season I think most people (myself included) thought of Blaine Gabbert as one of the worst backup QBs in the NFL, and because he got the chance to play, it turns out he may have been one of the best (a bottom third starter = one of the best backups, let's say).

2) In his first four years in the league I don't think many people were putting Tyod Taylor on their "best backups" list, but the guy got a chance to start and made the Pro-Bowl.

It's all our opinion, so it's okay. No one cares if we're right. Kinda a message board thing.

I care. i'm very heavily emotionally invested in these posts on here. they affect me on a personal level.
You cry yourself to sleep when someone pokes fun at you, too?

Rat

Reaction score
Chase Daniel has always impressed me when I've caught him.

I'm a believer in Austin Davis, but I guess NFL teams aren't (he was the #3 for the Browns last year). He showed some impressive accuracy subbing for Bradford in '14. I thought the Rams gave up on him too quickly.

We haven't seen much of Matt Moore in recent years, but he's pretty damn solid. I get kind of a Kitna vibe from him. He won't impress anyone physically, but he's more than capable of holding down the fort if your starter gets hurt.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Great call on Moore, Rat. Totally dig the comp too.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1i7kwtky said:
peppersjap":1i7kwtky said:
Scottemojo":1i7kwtky said:
CHARLIE WHITEHURST.
" Charlie, Charlie, Charlie", I will never forget that chant echoing through the Clink. Those were sad days!

The thing I miss most about Charlie Shitehurst is Duncansdad and TraumaHawk arguing about how much the FO loved him and how they wouldn't roll over him to get Carson Palmer. I'd like for those guys to come back so that we can get opinions on Russell Wilson from those two obviously different people.

Great moments in .NET history. That Spaniard or whatever he was, he was unending entertainment. I do miss that considerably.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3lifjigr said:
pehawk":3lifjigr said:
Round mound of touchdown?

There's a sexual subtext here that is very satisfying.

Pillsbury Throwboy?

Loved that dude. I so wanted him to be a starter.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1rx3ktj7 said:
Full rack of quarterback. He plays in one of the Arena leagues now, I think. He's fatter than ever, too.

Jared "Hefty Lefty" Lorenzo?

xxx_20140209_sng_sv4_075_61789512-e1424209942972.jpg

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Case Keenum showed that I think he's one of the better backup QBs. But then, the Rams have been good at finding backup QBs....the whole starting QB thing has gone right over their heads though..

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2oq4ruq1 said:
Case Keenum showed that I think he's one of the better backup QBs. But then, the Rams have been good at finding backup QBs....the whole starting QB thing has gone right over their heads though..

Yeah, Keenum is Jon Kitna with street cred. Decent backup.

It's my thread so I can derail it if I want, so wanted to ask, PLEASE tell me Fisher is going to finalize the worlds longest troll by signing RG3?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
LOL....I hope so.

I want nothing to do with Foles or Keenum...decent back up, but we need a change.

Rookie/RG3/Mannion sounds much better to me than anything with Foles or Keenum in it. Have to figure that RG3 could be as "good" as Foles was last year...

Ramfan128

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1rdxv7td said:
pehawk":1rdxv7td said:
Ramfan128":1rdxv7td said:

Yeah, Keenum is Jon Kitna with street cred. Decent backup.

It's my thread so I can derail it if I want, so wanted to ask, PLEASE tell me Fisher is going to finalize the worlds longest troll by signing RG3?

I would love that. RG3 in LA would be epic. Manziel in LA would be even better.

He'd be in trouble every week, that's for sure. Manziel's only real shot is to go to a team with an established winning culture with players that can put him in check....Seattle, Pittsburgh, New England, Green Bay....learn a few years as a backup and then try for a starting gig in a few years.

Would be pretty funny to watch Sherman and Bennett put Manziel in his place.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If I were a GM and I needed a stopgap QB who could compete, Matt Moore would be the guy to come to mind.

Latest posts