Baker Mayfield: Seahawks most likely option

Mistashoesta

Reaction score

So we're the ugly girl who gets asked last to prom huh?

toffee

Reaction score
I am not at all convinced that Mayfield will one day lead any team to Superbowl, with that, only sign him if he is coming inexpensively without costing us higher round draft picks. Otherwise, rather go with Lock or someone like Geno as our bridge QB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't think Mayfield is going anywhere, at least not before the draft as that $18.9M guaranteed contract is making all of the teams hesitate. There is a possibility that if a QB-hungry team comes away empty handed after the draft, that they might cut a deal to bring in Mayfield. I just hope it isn't us.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How stupid Mayfield was to say anything about the Seahawks, who from his foolish comments appear to be his last choice. Perhaps the comments from the Browns FO they were looking for grown up man to play QB for them have some merit.

I think he has talent yet needs to learn to STFU and just play football.

Cleveland would have to eat some of his salary and accept a 7th, or conditional 3rd day pick 2 years out, or an exchange of very late picks to justify trading anything for him. Frankly his stupidity causes me to think PASS. He can be someone else's headache.

toffee

Reaction score
How stupid Mayfield was to say anything about the Seahawks, who from his foolish comments appear to be his last choice. Perhaps the comments from the Browns FO they were looking for grown up man to play QB for them have some merit.

Cleveland would have to eat some of his salary and accept a 7th, or conditional 3rd day pick 2 years out, or an exchange of very late picks to justify trading anything for him. Frankly his stupidity causes me to think PASS. He can be someone else's headache.

He can go rot and poison someone else's locker room, not ours.

Go F yourself Baker Mayfield.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
I am not at all convinced that Mayfield will one day lead any team to Superbowl, with that, only sign him if he is coming inexpensively without costing us higher round draft picks. Otherwise, rather go with Lock or someone like Geno as our bridge QB.

Exactly.

He does make good commercials, so maybe there's a future in television.

RiverDog

Reaction score

There's something about Mayfield that turns me off. It could be something as simple as those Progressive commercials, but whatever it is, I just don't like him.

The Browns might decide to keep him in the event that Deshaun Watson gets nailed with a long suspension, which seems likely. The other two QB's that they have on their roster are Jacoby Brissett and Joshua Dobbs, both with very limited game experience and new to their system, and being that the Browns view themselves as a contender, I doubt that they want to go into the season with those two.

With that in mind, I don't see the Browns trading Mayfield unless they can get a 3rd rounder or so for him and that they're unlikely to assume much, if any, of his contract. Stupid move by the Browns painting themselves into a corner like they have.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think Baker in Pete's system would be a perfect fit. Assuming the Browns eat most of the contract i would love to see him here with something to prove.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Lock is better than Mayfield. I've seen one too many balls in the dirt from Baker. When Lock misses it's usually high which is a lot easier to catch for receivers as opposed to going low. Lock just needs continuity which he didn't have in Denver. I expect a competitive 10 or 11 win team if Lock clicks right away.

seabowl

Reaction score

So we're the ugly girl who gets asked last to prom huh?

The question was "where do you think you are going to end up?" . Not "where do you want to end up?" . He is at the mercy as to where the Browns want to trade him to. He's being honest as to where he thinks they'll trade him to.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’m all in on Mayfield. It would prevent PC from wasting a high pick on a QB. I like Mayfields fire which seemed somewhat lacking with RW. Give them a 5th round for 2025 and have them eat 1/2 his salary and its a win win.

Rosco

Reaction score
I’m all in on Mayfield. It would prevent PC from wasting a high pick on a QB. I like Mayfields fire which seemed somewhat lacking with RW. Give them a 5th round for 2025 and have them eat 1/2 his salary and its a win win.
Mayfield is short and slow, which will make him prone to injury. He would not beat out Lock anyway

Seahawker

Reaction score
"I'm ready for the next chapter"= I'm ready for the next payday.
Huge pass unless he comes cheap and easily expendable.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If they were willing to eat half his salary and give me their #99 selection id might do it if I were the Seahawks. Just the facts that the Browns went All-In for Watson and signed Brissett for 230 and 9 while he was still on the roster. And neither Texans or Colts wanted him puts him in extreme red flag territory especially with the Browns trashing on his maturity.

Mayfield’s QB skill set would fit better than most within the scheme but I don’t think he’s that much better than Lock or Smith especially if his ability to rally teammates and lead is a question mark.

I think ultimately I just want a QB that 6’3 or taller that can 100% focus on football and his team. Not a player who’s time and energy his shared with his celebrity status and endorsement opps.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Mayfield is short and slow, which will make him prone to injury. He would not beat out Lock anyway
well, lets see. A 4.8 40 at the combine.

would we be signing him to be a WR or CB?

and 6’1. Not tall but not shot either.

RW? 5-10 1/2 and 4.55 40. Combine numbers.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I am less optimistic than you are about Mayfield, but I agree that it would be preferrable to Pete burning the #9 overall on a quarterback. I would be good with a 5th rounder/1/2 salary, but I don't think we'd get him that cheap.