Baker Mayfield

QWERTY

Reaction score
Regardless of the situation, where the Seahawks could had obtain him, we fans should disregard that fact already.

Root for the Rams and Baker, I hope Baker keeps winning games, then next season the Rams would need to pay more $$$ to keep Mayfield and Stafford. ( I still think Stafford will play. No one would give up that money).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Regardless of the situation, where the Seahawks could had obtain him, we fans should disregard that fact already.

Root for the Rams and Baker, I hope Baker keeps winning games, then next season the Rams would need to pay more $$$ to keep Mayfield and Stafford. ( I still think Stafford will play. No one would give up that money).

Let's not get too carried away here, we still have to play them week 18

RedAlice

Reaction score
Baker is feeling home. I think the biggest thing I saw in that boy on Thursday was: joy

He has MNF v Packers and Xmas day v Broncos to show his wares.

he blew his wad on TNF, that won’t happen again.

unless he really wants to be a backup to Stafford, I expect his goal is to play well and land a starting QB on some team.

which will give the Rams a 3rd round pick.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Baker is feeling home. I think the biggest thing I saw in that boy on Thursday was: joy

He has MNF v Packers and Xmas day v Broncos to show his wares.

he blew his wad on TNF, that won’t happen again.

unless he really wants to be a backup to Stafford, I expect his goal is to play well and land a starting QB on some team.

which will give the Rams a 3rd round pick.

If Baker goes 3 and 1 the rest of the way, and the Stafford family decides its Time to retire, keep Baker as your bridge for 2024.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
No. Mayfield’s success on TNF was more about the coaching of McVay than Mayfield as a player. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rams retain him for 2023
Was the coaching of Pete a difference maker in Geno Smith?

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
If Baker goes 3 and 1 the rest of the way, and the Stafford family decides its Time to retire, keep Baker as your bridge for 2024.

I really don’t think Stanford and Donald will walk away from that money.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Was the coaching of Pete a difference maker in Geno Smith?
The Hawks coaching staff is the difference so probably. When it comes to QBs IMO McVay, Sean Payton and Andy Reid are the difference makers.

With regards to Geno like Wilson the Hawks coaching staff know the limitations and design an offense that suits the skill set. Geno needs a decent running game and would be classified as a game manager which is most of the QBs in the NFL

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well, what did he do the first 59 minutes? I missed it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think both are done..They have made so much money already
and won a ring so why risk the health for a few more bucks?
I think Baker is staying..It's why the Rams claimed him and are
using him in a lost season-Bye bye Stafford.

knownone

Reaction score
Even if Baker explodes over the last four games, teams will not be lining up for his services.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Stanford's boss wasn't happy after the first concussion, and they had a serious discussion at the time about how much longer he will continue. She made it clear that she wants a clear minded husband and father of her children for their future. Since that time there was another concussion and then a spinal injury, there is no chance she will let him continue on.
The money is nice, CTE not so much. I'm sure he has a few bucks in the bank and an unlimited future in TV or elsewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
I think both are done..They have made so much money already
and won a ring so why risk the health for a few more bucks?
I think Baker is staying..It's why the Rams claimed him and are
using him in a lost season-Bye bye Stafford.
Few bucks?

Are you serious?

Aaron Donald hasn't really been hurt, and you think someone would walk away 30mill Average per year salary? That's crazy.

As for Stafford, he will milk out his contract, and try to play next season, and there's multiple ways of playing the game. He just has to adapt like Brady, and throw the ball out of the pocket fast. They have 4 kids, no way would they walk away from 40mill.

You guys mention oh they made a lot of money in their career. But the more money you make, the more money you spend.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Few bucks?

Are you serious?

Aaron Donald hasn't really been hurt, and you think someone would walk away 30mill Average per year salary? That's crazy.

As for Stafford, he will milk out his contract, and try to play next season, and there's multiple ways of playing the game. He just has to adapt like Brady, and throw the ball out of the pocket fast. They have 4 kids, no way would they walk away from 40mill.

You guys mention oh they made a lot of money in their career. But the more money you make, the more money you spend.

You ever see the Breaking Bad scene where Skyler shows Walt his 80 million dollars and asks “How big does this pile have to be?”

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Few bucks?

Are you serious?

Donald has missed the last two games with a high ankle sprain and may be out for the season.
He has been talking retirement for the last couple years prior to this one so there is no chance?
Kelly Stafford has been on media before MS latest injury worrying about his future health and
saying his playing days are year to year?
With his latest injury you don't think she's freaking out?She has a say in this I bet.
You are coming across as some Rams fan,I'd expect this from Red not you lol.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Donald has missed the last two games with a high ankle sprain and may be out for the season.
He has been talking retirement for the last couple years prior to this one so there is no chance?
Kelly Stafford has been on media before MS latest injury worrying about his future health and
saying his playing days are year to year?
With his latest injury you don't think she's freaking out?She has a say in this I bet.
You are coming across as some Rams fan,I'd expect this from Red not you lol.

Let’s not diss Alice. I think she and the majority of this Rams fan base, such as they are, are looking at it the way you do.

Latest posts