Beast Hall of Fame Mode?

Sealake80

Reaction score
Is the hall of fame better with beast quake on repeat? The answer is yes.

CANHawk

Reaction score
If it's the "Hall of STATISTICS", like I'm afraid it is in this generation preoccupied with Fantasy Football, then he likely doesn't get in.

But if it's the "Hall Of FAME", then absolutely he gets in. Guy is an icon.

Pick6

Reaction score
He has moments that are HOF worthy but his career as a whole puts him short. It also doesn't help that he doesn't get along with the media.

Willyeye

Reaction score
There wasn’t a defense in the NFL that looked forward to facing Beast Mode. Instead of looking at the RB’s that have more yards than Lynch, maybe we should look at HOFer’s that have less yards and less TD’s than Beast Mode.

Looking at TD’s, Lynch is tied for 18th All-Time with 9 playoff TD’s. Only 17 players in the history of the NFL (includes WR’s) have more playoff TD’s than Lynch. Just for fun, here’s a list of some of the HOFer’s that don’t have as many regular season TD’s as Lynch does (Lynch has 83 TD’s):

Fred Biletnikoff- 77; OJ Simpson – 76; Earl Campbell- 74; Larry Csonka- 68; Art Monk- 66; Michael Irvin- 65; John Stallworth- 64; Shannon Sharpe- 62; Gale Sayers- 56; Ozzie Newsome- 49.

There’s a lot more guys on this list. If these guys made it, there’s no reason to think that Lynch shouldn’t make it.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Tical21":ojzg4rz9 said:
volsunghawk":ojzg4rz9 said:
If he gets in, it will be via the Lynn Swann/John Stallworth route. Not outstanding career numbers, but plenty of postseason success and memorable runs. Whoever argues his case should reference Earl Campbell and the fact that Lynch played in a pass-happy era.
The problem with this is that Campbell led the league in rushing three years in a row. Marshawn never did, was only in the top-5 twice, and both those years he was like 500 yards away from leading the league. He's one of my favorite all-time players, but he doesn't get past the Hall of Very Good. There are way too many backs with better numbers that aren't in.

I don't agree with judging ML based on the RB's that led the NFL in yards in those years. Since you brought up Earl Cambell, let's take a look at that...

Earl Campbell career numbers:
Rushing yards- 9407
Receiving yards- 806
Yards from scrimmage- 10213
Rushing TD's- 74
Receiving TD's- 0 (ZERO)
Total TD's- 74
Playoff rushing yards- 420
Playoff receiving yards- 45
Playoff rushing TD's- 4
Total yards from scrimmage (regular season and playoffs)- 10678
Total TD's (regular season and playoffs)- 78

Marshawn Lynch career numbers:
Rushing yards- 9112
Receiving yards- 1979
Yards from scrimmage- 11091
Rushing TD's- 74
Receiving TD's- 9
Total TD's- 83
Playoff rushing yards- 937
Playoff receiving yards- 127
Playoff rushing TD's- 9
Total yards from scrimmage (regular season and playoffs)- 12155
Total TD's (regular season and playoffs)- 92

To reiterate, totals from ALL NFL games both players played:
Yards from scrimmage: Lynch- 12155; Campbell- 10678
All TD's: Lynch- 92; Campbell- 78

So the only statistic that favors Campbell is career rushing yards...Lynch surpasses Campbell on ALL other stats. BTW, both players averaged 4.3 yards per carry.

Pick6

Reaction score
Campbell won MVP and Offensive Player of the Year multiply times. Those awards elevate him over Lynch. Nothing against Buffalo, but if he started his career in Seattle, I think he gets in. His numbers would probably be better on a better team.

Its silly to compare the two players who play in different generations. You need to compare Lynch with his generation of RBs and see where he stacks up. You compare him to guys like Fred Taylor, Clinton Portis, Gore, etc.

AVL

Reaction score
Lynch fumbled near the goal line in the playoffs three years in a row and all anyone can talk about is the time he didn't get the ball. This game is rigged.

Peter King recently talked like Lynch could get in, so anything's possible. I thought he hated shawn.

rideaducati

Reaction score
CANHawk":18twj6f5 said:
If it's the "Hall of STATISTICS", like I'm afraid it is in this generation preoccupied with Fantasy Football, then he likely doesn't get in.

But if it's the "Hall Of FAME", then absolutely he gets in. Guy is an icon.

Did Kurt Warner get in? If so, it is fame that gets people in too because his stats weren't that good outside of two or three seasons. His fame came from being a grocery store stock boy to Super Bowl champion.

If Warner got in, Marshawn should be a lock to get in.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
[youtube]eP8KXfB_zHg[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If that video isn't enough for the HOF then the HOF is one fixed, political circus.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1l1nsevn said:
Wouldn't get in cuz media hates him, even if he had borederline necessary numbers which he doesn't. Shoo-in for Hawks ROH though.
This. ......and would he even show up to his own induction for the HOF. That's not a slam, As I love the guy, but.......
Beastmode goes to a beat of a different drummer.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1fzmfpgc said:
hawksfansinceday1":1fzmfpgc said:
Wouldn't get in cuz media hates him, even if he had borederline necessary numbers which he doesn't. Shoo-in for Hawks ROH though.
This. ......and would he even show up to his own induction for the HOF. That's not a slam, As I love the guy, but.......
Beastmode goes to a beat of a different drummer.

I think if his buddy Mike inducted him or Fred Jackson or Justin he would.

That and he probably would throw Skittles to the crowd or something.

rideaducati

Reaction score
That video should end with the touchdown reception against the niners where he walks in turns and drops the (mic) ball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3i4tpvtx said:
volsunghawk":3i4tpvtx said:
If he gets in, it will be via the Lynn Swann/John Stallworth route. Not outstanding career numbers, but plenty of postseason success and memorable runs. Whoever argues his case should reference Earl Campbell and the fact that Lynch played in a pass-happy era.
The problem with this is that Campbell led the league in rushing three years in a row. Marshawn never did, was only in the top-5 twice, and both those years he was like 500 yards away from leading the league. He's one of my favorite all-time players, but he doesn't get past the Hall of Very Good. There are way too many backs with better numbers that aren't in.
Lynch earned his yards taking on contact and knocking people aside.Earl CHEATED plain as day with all the years of wearing tear away Jerseys.A fraud,imagine if Lynch had wore that?Beast is a HOF no doubt in my book

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pick6":2amkfm0o said:
Campbell won MVP and Offensive Player of the Year multiply times. Those awards elevate him over Lynch. Nothing against Buffalo, but if he started his career in Seattle, I think he gets in. His numbers would probably be better on a better team.

Its silly to compare the two players who play in different generations. You need to compare Lynch with his generation of RBs and see where he stacks up. You compare him to guys like Fred Taylor, Clinton Portis, Gore, etc.

Multiple

Sac

Reaction score
I don't think the media hates Lynch. He never yelled at them, or cursed them or acted in any way like Chris Cater. I think more than anything they're intrigued by him. They may induct him just to see if they can squeeze more than eight words from him at a time.

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
No doubt a HOFer. Beast Mode was the face that Seattle Seahawks won Superbowl 48 behind and almost won 49 if he had been given the ball. Who ever made that play call was either scared or being to cute. Id have rather seen a qb sneak then what happened. Oh well we live an learn. Go Hawks!!!12

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
BullHawk33":hbyjn3za said:
He'll be left at the threshold of the HOF, 1 yard away.

Pretty sure that when the voting is in that Marshawn will come up short. Pretty sure he's a "lock" for the Ring of Honor, however.

Rob12

Reaction score
gowazzu02":29jo3iwx said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660270/article/seahawks-put-marshawn-lynch-on-reserveretired-list

Here's my thoughts.

Not HOF:
-total numbers, 10K is the measuring stick
-Didn't play long enough
-Media hates him (they vote on the hof)
-Starred for Seattle way out in south alaska

In HOF
-Iconic moments, The beast quake will live forever, as will a number of his other huge plays
-Heart beat to (what I hope) was a dynasty in Seattle, lead the way to ONE of this teams superbowl wins during this window,
-Best when the stakes were highest, he has the 2nd or 3rd most 100 yard playoff games in nfl history
-Defined a generation, I watched one of those pre draft shows and 3 of the 5 backs who they talked to said they "mimic their game after Beast Mode"
-In 5 years time the 10K mark might be irrelevant in todays nfl, where a 20 carry a game back is rare and backfield splits and the devaluing of the back field goes on.

Thoughts?

Edited to say, the video I linked talks about it, the story below is actually about him getting placed on the retired list...

He deserves to get in. He changed a team's mindset and attitude, and that team may just have a potential dynasty on their hands. It may take him a few years longer, but he'll get in eventually.

The numbers may not look right for a HoF back, but with the running back position being increasingly devalued, I think he's a lock to get in at some point.