Beast Hall of Fame Mode?

chris98251

Reaction score
This is really irrelevant, we know the importance he made here, he will be a HOF player in our eyes forever, those that watched Largent know what I am saying, that same type of resilience and toughness that identified the Seahawks, he just did it in a time when he had a whole team that followed his lead and had the talent to cash it in.

The Mediots and those that vote for the HOF may never have the same perception, I will think they will agree that he was a unique back in his era, that will determine his chances to get in when QB's and the passing game was getting all the attention.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Not a HOF in my opinion.

Didn't play long enough, didn't put up enough numbers. He played on a run-heavy offense that specifically got offensive linemen who can only runblock and he still didn't put up the kind of numbers expected of a HOF RB.

As for HOF trends, they hurt his chances in the short-term but may help him in the long run. Before, Halls of Fame were eager to induct players. Now every hall of fame has a group of players that no longer look like they really belong and are used as comparisons (well if player X and Y made it, then Z should make it) and a choice had to be made, either keep inducting fringe HOF candidates or tighten things up and raise the bar. In general they've raised the bar.

The reason it may end up helping Lynch is that 10-20 years from now there might not be ANY RBs who meet the statistical "requirements" to be worthy of the HOF. If 20 years from now they can only list a couple RBs who were as good as Lynch then that would make him easier to induct.

With RB being done more by a committee and having a short shelf life eventually Lynch might be considered too good to leave out.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I want him him to get voted in.

Then not show up for the ceremony.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2pi9su6m said:
Not a HOF in my opinion.

Didn't play long enough, didn't put up enough numbers. He played on a run-heavy offense that specifically got offensive linemen who can only runblock and he still didn't put up the kind of numbers expected of a HOF RB.

As for HOF trends, they hurt his chances in the short-term but may help him in the long run. Before, Halls of Fame were eager to induct players. Now every hall of fame has a group of players that no longer look like they really belong and are used as comparisons (well if player X and Y made it, then Z should make it) and a choice had to be made, either keep inducting fringe HOF candidates or tighten things up and raise the bar. In general they've raised the bar.

The reason it may end up helping Lynch is that 10-20 years from now there might not be ANY RBs who meet the statistical "requirements" to be worthy of the HOF. If 20 years from now they can only list a couple RBs who were as good as Lynch then that would make him easier to induct.

With RB being done more by a committee and having a short shelf life eventually Lynch might be considered too good to leave out.

Well name me a recent running back that did as much with such little help from his O Line as Lynch.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
All rookie power backs get compared to Lynch. Remember the hype over David Johnson's beast mode run last year or of course Rawls being called Beast Mode jr.

The Beast quake is probably the most famous and best play of the last 10 years.

And then the term beast mode itself. I heard about it before I even started following football.

I also often hear people talking about Lynch being the second best back of his generation behind AP. Ask yourselves though: Which of the two had more of an impact for their team? The answer is Lynch.

Then combine that with fringe HoF career numbers and I think he should get in some day.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Bill Assumpcao":91ljgdcd said:
Should get in...will get in. :229031_shrug:
But, he was as "Fame"-ous as any player for ...what?, 5 or 6 years?
He gets my vote.*

Go Hawks,
BillA

*That and $2.70 will get you a cup of coffee.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/da...erage-270-for-coffee-while-tipping-20-percent

$2.70 buys me TWO cups of coffee...and my cup is 24 ounces. Of course, I don't go for the foofy, high priced, horrible tasting coffees, I get my refills at convenience stores and truckstops. You people paying $5.00 for a 12 ounce cup of whatever you call it coffee are nuts.