Being Blown Out...

TypeSly

Reaction score
When we score 34 points... If this game isn't the proof, that someone needs to lose their job, I don't know what is. Our historically bad defence (so far) got even worse. :mrgreen: :oops: :cry:

ducks41468

Reaction score
Everyone knows that it's all Russ's fault. In fact, the worse the defense plays, such as today and against AZ, the more it's his fault.

Niagara

Reaction score
TypeSly":s8cxi6ls said:
When we score 34 points... If this game isn't the proof, that someone needs to lose their job, I don't know what is. Our historically bad defence (so far) got even worse. :mrgreen: :oops: :cry:
Give Buffalo credit, it was the better team. Carroll should not have been extended, plus Wilson made a lot of mistakes.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
Niagara":on74xwlm said:
TypeSly":on74xwlm said:
Give Buffalo credit, it was the better team. Carroll should not have been extended, plus Wilson made a lot of mistakes.

I'm not denying Buffalo played a great game today. But we still got blown out while scoring 34 points. That's not exactly normal.

Niagara

Reaction score
ducks41468":1ssf4047 said:
Everyone knows that it's all Russ's fault. In fact, the worse the defense plays, such as today and against AZ, the more it's his fault.
Wilson had a bad game. It happens. But 44 points is Carrolls fault ultimately.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Niagara":2k403f93 said:
TypeSly":2k403f93 said:

They are the better team simply because they have a professional defense. I still couldn't tell you if their offense is any good because our defense is unbelievably uncompetitive.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
There were what 3 turnovers by RW that put the defense in crap...yeah I think this game is more due to the RW turnovers than defense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson got hit & hurried, & smothered SIXTEEN TIMES, that's the most of ALL the Quarterbacks in the entire League, and what happens when you don't have a viable Run game to take SOME of the pressure off your Star Quarterback, it's going to happen every time Russ loses protection.
Our Defense got six sacks, and ZERO HITS on Josh Allen, our Secondary, & Defensive Line, are NOT even in the same discussion as the Bills.

ducks41468

Reaction score
ZagHawk":8im82wr4 said:
There were what 3 turnovers by RW that put the defense in crap...yeah I think this game is more due to the RW turnovers than defense.

There it is! Let's completely ignore the opposing QB throwing for 400 yards on 75+% completion rate, or the 24 points given up on the first 4 drives that put the offense in a 24-7 hole early in the game, or the fact that the two late turnovers were after we were already down by 2 TD's due to the defense giving up 31 of the first 34 points from sustained drives.

Not sure what's actually worse, our defense or our fanbase

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
ducks41468":2oy2q3sa said:
ZagHawk":2oy2q3sa said:

There it is! Let's completely ignore the opposing QB throwing for 400 yards on 75+% completion rate, or the 24 points given up on the first 4 drives that put the offense in a 24-7 hole early in the game, or the fact that the two late turnovers were after we were already down by 2 TD's due to the defense giving up 31 of the first 34 points from sustained drives.

Not sure what's actually worse, our defense or our fanbase

Our defense. By far.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1krhyixr said:

They gave up two touchdowns and 117 yards in the first defensive two possessions.

The Bills punted twice. They scored on 8 of their 12 drives. Two of those drives were at the end of the half (missed 61 yard field goal, end of game clock runout). So really they scored on 8 of their 10 drives. This defense gives up over 30 PPG. It doesn't even seem possible to give up less than 20 to even the Jets.

This defense is really bad. People have been trying to rationalize it for weeks (yards don't matter, it's all in garbage time, etc). But it is bad. Teams score at will against it. The only reason this team has won all the games it has is because Russell Wilson has been absurd.

But when Russell Wilson doesn't have a good game, there's nothing to keep this team alive. This is the inherent problem with "Let Russ Cook". Everybody wanted crazy wide open offense and this is the crap side of it when the defense is bad.

Wilson is going to have a lot more great days than bad ones and this team will win a lot of games. But unless there's some serious progress on defense we're going to be seeing teams score a bunch at the end when the Seahawks are ahead (becomes a shootout where Wilson has to find a way to score yet another TD to take the lead, over and over again) or teams are going to get up quick and it will be ugly.

This is basically last season, with a faster scoring offense. We're still very lucky to have a team that can compete at this level, but the "it's not the defense/those points and yards the other teams are putting up don't really matter" stuff is super delusional.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seanhawk":a27v03sl said:
Niagara":a27v03sl said:
TypeSly":a27v03sl said:

They are the better team simply because they have a professional defense. I still couldn't tell you if their offense is any good because our defense is unbelievably uncompetitive.

So much this.

Latest posts