Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm as appreciative of Gronk's spikes as anybody, but it's ridiculous to think that it could result in lowering the PSI of the football. You know how much LESS raw force the football takes from even the hardest spike, compared to being squashed between a 220+lb RB and the ground on every running play? Give me a break.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I'm interested to see the NFL measure the footballs after every game and see how similar are the results.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Well if they have been playing with deflated balls for the last few weeks, maybe we'll see a few drops or fumbles in the Super Bowl from them as they re-adjust to the rules.

gargantual

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3k4quvn6 said:
I can never get a bead on the NFL and ol Rog. When I saw the gold cleats Lynch wanted to wear, I thought Marshawn is going to get fined, just like when he wore those Skittles shoes. The game day they are saying he will get suspended if he wears those shoes. Are you shittin me? Suh didn't get suspended for using his shoes to walk on a guy, and Lynch will get suspended for a uniform violation?

Speaking of which, the Pats did not suddenly decide to let the air out of 11 balls. They have been doing this for some time to have that kind of hubris. So why have no officials, who touch the ball every damn play, noticed? Why did it take a player picking one off to notice this? If the Colts are using balls that are aired up, how do the officials not notice the difference until it is pointed out?
This is just mind boggling, isn't it? How could this happen in the first place? The refs get the ball tossed to them after every play!

Laloosh

Reaction score
BillBelichick":3iqwxwet said:
Fuzzman55":3iqwxwet said:
B72QWxiIYAIWzyM.jpg

Hahaha

But seriously, I'm going to hold back my judgement until we hear the facts about the balls, how they got that way, and who's job it was to make sure the balls were in the correct condition.

Is the NFL testing the Colt's balls to see if this was a weather-related thing? Why didn't the referees do anything during the game if they noticed something?

Weather, Gronk-spikes, football-to-Cribb's-facemask collisions...these can all impact the ball, right? I'm no expert, but I don't want to judge until I've heard all the facts.

Unfortunately, the "court" of public opinion revs into high-gear way before any real facts are presented, or investigations completed.

I'm not seeing anything about Belichick or anyone else's involvement, other than it being the referee's job to check the balls.

I did see "part of the investigation that still needs further vetting is how the 11 footballs became underinflated," though.

Maybe we should wait for that part to come to light...seems like it might be important.

I don't blame you for shelving your common sense in an attempt to believe for any period of time, that your beloved team isn't dirtier than Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras but you're literally putting your head in the sand if you think somehow 11/12 balls would be affected *by* the weather and one (along with the Colts' balls) would not.

In a close game, shit like this could make the difference in a game and last weekend's blowout just might be the only thing that allows the NFL to justify punishing them next season rather than in the SB.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Msfann":273rbfsl said:
If you have to cheat to make it to the super bowl then i don't think its fair that you still get to play it, that being said there's NO way the NFL would remove NE from the game so the next best option would be suspend Belicheat right now.

In an unprecedented move, the league makes New England forfeit the day before the Super Bowl, sending the Colts to play the astonished Seahawks who have not planned at all for them. Roger Goodell bestows a crown upon Andrew Luck's brow and declares him Canton eligible starting in 2016.

salamander

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":33vzmnj9 said:
salamander":33vzmnj9 said:
.....but at the same time this is not good for the Seahawks.

How does this effect the Seahawks? The Pats are going to have the entire football nation pissed off at them for cheating again. They will be ridiculed for the rest of the time that Bilacheat is there! I would not be surprised should he lose his job!

The Seahawks use the "Aderall" BS to motivate them, the Pats will use this to motivate them. If they lose the game now their legacy will be considered cheaters who needed to cheat to win. If they win the superbowl they will go down as a dynasty that liked to skirt the rules but still were a dominant team that won multiple super bowls over the course of two decades. They NEED to win now to help salvage their legacy. It will motivate them.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
It's mind boggling to me that some people don't think this is that big of a deal. Has anyone tried to throw an inflated NFL ball in the rain? It is a hell of a lot easier to grip and throw when the ball is slightly deflated. What if the Colts game had been a one score game? What would have the NFL done then? I don't care if the game was a blow out or not, the NFL needs to hammer them hard.

I don't care if it is after the season. I am sure Vegas doesn't appreciate this kind of crap either.

BillBelichick

Reaction score
Laloosh":17o89fkq said:
... you're literally putting your head in the sand if you think somehow 11/12 balls would be affected *by* the weather and one (along with the Colts' balls) would not.

They tested the Colts' balls? I don't think I have the most up-to-date info.

If you are completely unwilling to wait until all the facts come out and the investigation is done before placing the blame though...I'm not sure there's much to talk about.

salamander

Reaction score
storm74":33c4b0rz said:
It's mind boggling to me that some people don't think this is that big of a deal. Has anyone tried to throw an inflated NFL ball in the rain? It is a hell of a lot easier to grip and throw when the ball is slightly deflated. What if the Colts game had been a one score game? What would have the NFL done then? I don't care if the game was a blow out or not, the NFL needs to hammer them hard.

I don't care if it is after the season. I am sure Vegas doesn't appreciate this kind of crap either.

I'd rather beat this team straight up without any asterisks. Let the NFL punish them next year.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
BillBelichick":3ubefli2 said:
Laloosh":3ubefli2 said:
... you're literally putting your head in the sand if you think somehow 11/12 balls would be affected *by* the weather and one (along with the Colts' balls) would not.

If you are completely unwilling to wait until all the facts come out and the investigation is done before placing the blame though...I'm not sure there's much to talk about.

I don't believe you Bill, not one bit.

Exittium

Reaction score
salamander":3eq167p6 said:
storm74":3eq167p6 said:

I'd rather beat this team straight up without any asterisks. Let the NFL punish them next year.

the only asterick there will be, is Seattle being the 1st LEGIT back to back winning SB team since... 97, and 98 Broncos

salamander

Reaction score
Exittium":1dorh8bw said:
salamander":1dorh8bw said:

the only asterick there will be, is Seattle being the 1st LEGIT back to back winning SB team since... 97, and 98 Broncos

Say Belichick was suspended and we won. People would always say "well you beat a team missing one of the best head coaches in history" I'd rather people say "congratulations on beating one of the best coaches in history and a known cheater."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not sure why people keep bringing up the point that the Pats would've won the AFCCG anyway? Didn't the Colts first notice the issue when they played them back in November? There is more than one game outcome this could have affected. Playoffs, seeding, HFA, all affected by this.

Laloosh

Reaction score
BillBelichick":3qjepvs4 said:
Laloosh":3qjepvs4 said:

You remind me of another poster I've seen here... 49er fan... hmm, can anybody help me out here? Who does this sound like?

Exittium

Reaction score
A little fun fact

Super Bowl XLIX is notable for featuring the coach of one team who had replaced the other coach at one point. Current Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was hired in 1999 to replace Pete Carroll, who is now the coach of the Seahawks. This is only the third time this has occurred. The other two times were in Super Bowl XXXVII and Super Bowl III. In both cases, the team coached by the man who was replaced by the other won the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts