Carroll Out As Head Coach

billbird2111

Reaction score
The saving grace is that JS is in charge of the new hire. He knows what it takes and the type of coach this team needs after being alongside Pete for all of these years. If Jody totally cleaned house then I would be very worried. Pete is 72 and this was going to come, so it was time to rip off the band-aid and start the process.

Saving grace? You mean CAPTAIN BLIGH is now in charge? You call that "saving grace?" Really? Carroll HIRED the guy. Pete Carroll gave the unknown Schneider his shot back when Paul Allen put this all together. But now it appears that Schneider has been whispering sweet nothings to sister Jody, which means Carroll is out and Schneider is in charge. This is not good news. This will not end well. Trust me. Any 49er fan who knows his or her salt will tell you that this is a REALLY BAD IDEA. We saw this play out ten years ago. It wasn't good.

Here's what is going to happen. Schneider is going to make the call on a new coach. Jim Harbaugh won't come in without full control, and Schneider isn't about to give that up. Which means Seattle is going to hire some young kid. Schneider, in the meantime, will navigate Good Ship Seahawks into a hurricane. He will now have full control of all future drafts, which will fail. Badly fail. Three years from now, after sister Jody has either sold the team or decided to keep it, she is going to realize the mistake she made. Schneider and the coach he hired will be booted after the Seahawks manage to put together three consecutive losing seasons.

At that point, every Seahawks fan on this board will come to realize that sister Jody made a massive mistake. But, it will already be too late. I feel for any Seahawks fan who thinks this is a "good idea." It's not. This type of arrangement rarely works anymore.

billbird2111

Reaction score
The Niners got sent back to the purgatory the year BEFORE Harbaugh was forced to leave for Michigan. He left the team in shambles, ending a years long power struggle with the GM.

You and I will have to agree to disagree. Respectfully of course. Harbaugh was a lame duck coach in his final year. Everyone knew it. The team reacted to it. That isn't Harbaugh's fault. It also wasn't Harbaugh's fault that a massive number of those players chose to retire following Harbaugh's final season, including the heart and soul of the defense. That was a horrible thing to go through.

Finally? Harbaugh didn't saddle the 49ers with a bunch of horrible drafts that left the team with zero talent. Harbaugh didn't use draft picks on injured players. That was all Trent Baalke's work. The teams that Baalke drafted and put on the field were some of the worst that I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, the same fate is about to befall the Seattle Seahawks. Schneider's power play is going to drive this team into a ditch.

RiverDog

Reaction score
PC is only out as HC . He's still will be in place in an ' advisory ' position . That could mean more than what we assume it means . He might be instrumental in choosing the new HC or behind the scenes in the upcoming draft . He still has considerable juice in the Hawk organization . imo
I seriously doubt that. They would have given him a little more of a stinky title like "vice president of football operations" instead of "advisor," if they were planning on him having an instrumental role in the direction of the franchise.

Pete's advice will be taken only if it aligns that of those in a true decision-making capacity.
You and I will have to agree to disagree. Respectfully of course. Harbaugh was a lame duck coach in his final year. Everyone knew it. The team reacted to it. That isn't Harbaugh's fault. It also wasn't Harbaugh's fault that a massive number of those players chose to retire following Harbaugh's final season, including the heart and soul of the defense. That was a horrible thing to go through.

Finally? Harbaugh didn't saddle the 49ers with a bunch of horrible drafts that left the team with zero talent. Harbaugh didn't use draft picks on injured players. That was all Trent Baalke's work. The teams that Baalke drafted and put on the field were some of the worst that I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, the same fate is about to befall the Seattle Seahawks. Schneider's power play is going to drive this team into a ditch.
Regardless of who's fault it was, the fact is that the Niners went 8-8 and missed the playoffs in Harbaugh's final year followed by 5-11, 2-14, 6-10, and 4-12 immediately after his departure. It was a runaway train heading for a washed-out bridge when Harbaugh decided to jump off.

Schneider's power play? Are you trying to equate Harbaugh/Baalke/York's relationship with Carroll/Schneider/Allen? What evidence do you have that Schneider had even the smallest role in Pete's departure? And how is it that you are so sure that the team will be driven into a ditch when we don't even know who the next head coach will be?

You're delusional.

Last edited:

WmHBonney

Reaction score

You're comparing Trent Baalke to John Schneider? Really? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

See, statements like that make me lose all respect for your takes. His power play? You know jack squat like the rest of us how this all plays out but to make such a negative, emphatic statement smells of rivalry speak.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I never once rooted for Seattle to fail. Can you show me where I wanted Seattle to fail? This comes off as weird and goofy. Yeah I wanted Pete to stay in what world does that equate to what you’re implying. Come on man.
Bro, u keep saying personal attacks insinuating things about me. You literally did what i did but 1st.

I get it, u dont like me. You didnt like i called u out about twitter. You dm'd me and we had a truce. You wanna keep implying I am coming across "weird and goofy" but get upset if i do it back is weird.

You literally have issues with me. Quit implying i am this or that or I am gonna do the same.

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
People got they wanted. The next coach better do better or a lot of people will look dumb. No moving goalposts either.
This is not me rooting vs our next HC. I am implying just what it says. All these fans who think Pete sucks now and next HC will be better, better be correct or they will look dumb for dragging our best franchise coach.

Nowhere did i root vs a HC.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bro, u keep saying personal attacks insinuating things about me. You literally did what i did but 1st.

I get it, u dont like me. You didnt like i called u out about twitter. You dm'd me and we had a truce. You wanna keep implying I am coming across "weird and goofy" but get upset if i do it back is weird.

You literally have issues with me. Quit implying i am this or that or I am gonna do the same.
this is the last time you will be warned about bringing outside stuff onto the forum and vice versa. From now on pm me privately if you have an issue.

I don’t even know you so how can I not like you. I was critical of your point which is what everyone is doing debating the firing of Pete Carroll.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
this is the last time you will be warned about bringing outside stuff onto the forum and vice versa. From now on pm me privately if you have an issue.

I don’t even know you so how can I not like you. I was critical of your point which is what everyone is doing debating the firing of Pete Carroll.

Ok...Mod.

GemCity

Reaction score
Do you know that when PC took this job that he demanded that he have final say over ALL decisions and that he hired JS? Just asking...
I know he hired JS.

Source for “…final say over ALL decisions..”?

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score

Why is this clown allowed to post on a SEAHAWK board.

flv2

Reaction score
I think you overrate the acumen of many owners and GMs. As evidence i present:

p.s. Is anybody having problems with the buttons at the top of the reply window? They quit working on my phone a few days ago. I miss my emojis!
You've probably clicked on Toggle BB code. Unselect it and it should be back to normal.

In the Reply box click on the 3 vertical dots (More options...) between Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Preview. If the square Toggle BB code icon is bolded or highlighted then click on it to switch it off.

Latest posts