Below zero degree forecast for Pack Niners Sunday

seabowl

Reaction score
High of 4 degrees and low of minus 13. If we do play either of these teams next week they will have to recover from a tough game. Also interestingly enough they would be on a very short week having played late Sunday and then the early Saturday game in Seattle.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Saw this on PFT a few minutes ago. Thinking about changing my playoff bracket pick at work to be Green Bay instead. The 49ers are still built for bitter cold better than GB is, but Kaepernick doesn't know playing in that kind of cold, AFAIK. The Packers are way more used to it.

Hmmm...

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I didn't even realize that PFT had an article on it. Fun tv at the very least.

Axx

Reaction score
krappernuts prob catches the cold and decides he doesnt want to play @SEA anymore :(

The Outfield

Reaction score
If the forecast is correct, then it will be REALLY interesting watching Krapernick play in near zero temps.

drdiags

Reaction score
Well hopefully neither coach ends up looking like Coughlin from a few years back. This probably favors the 9ers more if the game has to be a power game, with judicious use of passing. That is my guess anyway.

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3v03bra5 said:
Saw this on PFT a few minutes ago. Thinking about changing my playoff bracket pick at work to be Green Bay instead. The 49ers are still built for bitter cold better than GB is, but Kaepernick doesn't know playing in that kind of cold, AFAIK. The Packers are way more used to it.

Hmmm...

If you were talking about the Pack of early this season, I'd agree. However, Green Bay was forced to deveope a decent (well decentish) running game when Rodgers was out (and it more than Flynn was how GB was able to keep it's head above water albeit barely). The Green Bay offense of right now is a lot better suited to the bitter cold than it was at the start of the season and in sub-zero weather, Kaepernick won't be throwing it 500 yards all over the yard, I promise you.

legend38

Reaction score
Reminds me of are playoff game in Chicago a few years back.Hasselbeck dropping dimes all day and nobody could catch a frozen ball.

James in PA

Reaction score
If it had been Seattle at Green Bay instead, I have zero doubt that the start time would have been 1 pm Eastern 10 am Pacific on Sunday. The temps still would have been ridiculously cold, but probably a bit more tolerable. The NFL kind of screwed over their beloved Niners with that later start time. Bundle up, Hairball!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Polaris":2xlmbz6m said:
If you were talking about the Pack of early this season, I'd agree. However, Green Bay was forced to deveope a decent (well decentish) running game when Rodgers was out (and it more than Flynn was how GB was able to keep it's head above water albeit barely). The Green Bay offense of right now is a lot better suited to the bitter cold than it was at the start of the season and in sub-zero weather, Kaepernick won't be throwing it 500 yards all over the yard, I promise you.

You're right, but it also doesn't change the fact that the 49ers defense is way better than the Packers defense. It should be a pretty good game to watch.

The Radish

Reaction score
One thing everyone shoud remember, there is no more "frozen tundra". They dug up the entire field several years ago and installed a piping system that keeps that "tundra" at something like 50 degrees.

No frozen balls, toes, feet. Tho the weather itself will be miserable at least the field will be playable.

Kudos to the Packer organization for spending the money to do that.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
The Radish":q0olaqx5 said:
No frozen balls, toes, feet. Tho the weather itself will be miserable at least the field will be playable.

That is not how that system works.

Polaris

Reaction score
legend38":7ntk5chk said:
Reminds me of are playoff game in Chicago a few years back.Hasselbeck dropping dimes all day and nobody could catch a frozen ball.

I remember that. It was Jan 2011 during the 2010 playoffs. Hasselbeck to this day swears that that game in Chicago is a game they could and should have won. If we had won that game, the 7-9 Seahawks would have hosted Green Bay for the NFC Championship.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":uu02acx1 said:

Hmmm...
49wrs will kill them whatever the temperature. Just FYI that defense is bad, really BAD.:)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Have the Packers made the Super bowl playing home games in the Rodgers years? I thought not.

OrFan

Reaction score
The Radish":1grn7ty5 said:
One thing everyone shoud remember, there is no more "frozen tundra". They dug up the entire field several years ago and installed a piping system that keeps that "tundra" at something like 50 degrees.

Kudos to the Packer organization for spending the money to do that.

I remember Holmgren saying that the heating system gave them a clear home field advantage. The field has soft spots, and other areas that are hard and slick. Knowing where the spots were in the field allowed them to take advantage of the other team by calling plays where the defender was at a disadvantage.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I heard on the radio the other day Kaep does have cold game experience in college. Still.. it cant be easy to travel to that kind of weather suddenly and play. I would think weather like that hurts performance way more than time zones. I think GB may have this. Will be a good game to watch in any case.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
That field is gonna hurt when Krapperdick takes a hit..oh wait a minute...GB doesn't have a defence to get to the QB...so he might be fine. Rodgers can't play in the cold so who knows who this benefits? Might see a few injuries..

James in PA

Reaction score
Cyrus12":26h4atgl said:
That field is gonna hurt when Krapperdick takes a hit..oh wait a minute...GB doesn't have a defence to get to the QB...so he might be fine. Rodgers can't play in the cold so who knows who this benefits? Might see a few injuries..
Yea, too bad Green Bay acts like San Fran is the greatest offensive juggernaut in the a history of the NFL every time they play them. It's so pathetic watching them try to stop those clowns.