Below zero degree forecast for Pack Niners Sunday

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Injuries could be big in this game. The body gets pretty sensitive when it is that freaking cold. Hope the fans that bring kids make sure they keep coats on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kixkahn":1o4j6v2p said:
Injuries could be big in this game. The body gets pretty sensitive when it is that freaking cold. Hope the fans that bring kids make sure they keep coats on.
I wouldn't ever bring children to a game that cold. In fact outside of a Super Bowl I wouldn't go to a game myself when it's that cold, and yes, I'm a weather wimp!

Mitch

Reaction score
When the temp drops below zero, nothing works as well. Wind with bitter cold is even worse. This kind of weather will have a huge impact on the game and it will not be just psychological. 10 below with some wind; bare skin can frostbite in minutes. These kind of temperatures can be brutal.

Polaris

Reaction score
Dick Johnson":2kw2ff2v said:
Niners are coming for you Seattle. Better start praying for Breesus.

If Seattle does face the Niners first, it will be after the Niners had to play in sub-zero cold (very physically draining) and on a short week. Considering how well the Niners normally do in Seattle, I'm not worried.

Polaris

Reaction score
chris98251":1vy7e1m1 said:
Back o topic or it's locked! Take the smack to the Shack.

Sorry. I guess the point here as it relates to Seattle is that whoever gets the winner of this game comes out ahead because of the weather. It's hard to recover from a super-cold weather game.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
It will be brutal back there. I think the 9ers probably will still win but this may make it very interesting. A few weird plays that go your way can change the complication of the game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Krapperdink was born in Milwaukee, so I'm sure he's played football in freezing weather his whole life. I would expect the Niners to run a LOT of read option plays. The passing game will be hampered for both sides. Gore is a step slower and in this weather, another step slower still. But he should still eat up yards. Green Bay was 30th vs the run per DVOA. SF was 14th. Here's the thing though: Green Bay finished the season 3rd in DVOA rushing. SF finished 14th.

Much as I hate to say it, I think Krapperdink will give SF the advantage. This should be an epic game.

Polaris

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1px4auoq said:
Krapperdink was born in Milwaukee, so I'm sure he's played football in freezing weather his whole life. I would expect the Niners to run a LOT of read option plays. The passing game will be hampered for both sides. Gore is a step slower and in this weather, another step slower still. But he should still eat up yards. Green Bay was 30th vs the run per DVOA. SF was 14th. Here's the thing though: Green Bay finished the season 3rd in DVOA rushing. SF finished 14th.

Much as I hate to say it, I think Krapperdink will give SF the advantage. This should be an epic game.

Kaep may have been born in Milwaukee, but he moved to California when he was four.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Polaris":2wf3qmxa said:
SalishHawkFan":2wf3qmxa said:

Kaep may have been born in Milwaukee, but he moved to California when he was four.

Yeah but I'm sure he remembers tossing the pigskin around as a toddler in below freezing weather

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
How dare you guys question a persin that has walked around in -140 degree weather in little more than a suede jacket. Nevermind the fact that he was wearing suede and the coldest recorded temperature in Billings is -39 below.