Not open for further replies.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
DJrmb":33fffg5w said:
hawknation2018":33fffg5w said:
DJrmb":33fffg5w said:
hawknation2018":33fffg5w said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Marcus Johnson was a mediocre college player. But I want some of what you're smoking.
HAHAHAHA

Because there's never been a player that had a better NFL career than College... Right?

There's many factors that could play into a players production at any given level. Fact is though that he's more athletic than the guy they need to replace. He certainly has a chance to stick. Plus it's not like PRich is some super star...

Five catches in his career (on eight total targets with a lost fumble). Zero special teams tackles. Undrafted. Injured for a few games as a senior at Texas. Even when healthy, he could not even start in college for a Texas team that was thin at receiver. Injured again in training camp as an undrafted rookie. Had played in 10 total games.

If he "sticks," it's because we have nothing better behind Baldwin and Lockett.
He "Stuck" in Philly on a team with one of the deeper WR corps in the league. They were going to have to spend a later round pick to bring in someone and now they don't have to. If they like his upside more than a flier in the 2018 NFL draft I trust their judgment.

Highly unlikely he would have made their roster this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1urrqhkv said:
DJrmb":1urrqhkv said:
hawknation2018":1urrqhkv said:
DJrmb":1urrqhkv said:
HAHAHAHA

Because there's never been a player that had a better NFL career than College... Right?

There's many factors that could play into a players production at any given level. Fact is though that he's more athletic than the guy they need to replace. He certainly has a chance to stick. Plus it's not like PRich is some super star...

Five catches in his career (on eight total targets with a lost fumble). Zero special teams tackles. Undrafted. Injured for a few games as a senior at Texas. Even when healthy, he could not even start in college for a Texas team that was thin at receiver. Injured again in training camp as an undrafted rookie. Had played in 10 total games.

He "Stuck" in Philly on a team with one of the deeper WR corps in the league. They were going to have to spend a later round pick to bring in someone and now they don't have to. If they like his upside more than a flier in the 2018 NFL draft I trust their judgment.

Sounds like this is a Richardo Lockette redux.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
IndyHawk":25fvhwr8 said:
hawknation2018":25fvhwr8 said:
DJrmb":25fvhwr8 said:
hawknation2018":25fvhwr8 said:

Sounds like this is a Richardo Lockette redux.

Except, he didn't play much on special teams for Philadelphia. So . . .

THE TABS

Reaction score
HATE this trade.

We make the reining, defending champs even better, our defense gets worse, and we take a cap hit which prevents us from getting a replacement.

Lost in all the drama he caused, he did ring up 8.5 sacks, all while playing on a bum foot and bum knee for most of the season. We made our bed when we signed him to the extension last year.

I don’t see how this makes us a better team. I appreciate everything he gave us, and he was a big reason why we went to two straight Super Bowls. Nobody complained about him being a distraction back then.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Doesnt mean anything, but Eagle fans dont seem to like this trade either. They dont want Bennett.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
THE TABS":3qlty19i said:
HATE this trade.

We make the reining, defending champs even better, our defense gets worse, and we take a cap hit which prevents us from getting a replacement.

Lost in all the drama he caused, he did ring up 8.5 sacks, all while playing on a bum foot and bum knee for most of the season. We made our bed when we signed him to the extension last year.

I don’t see how this makes us a better team. I appreciate everything he gave us, and he was a big reason why we went to two straight Super Bowls. Nobody complained about him being a distraction back then.

This trade makes us a better team because it gets rid of the cancer. We'd all be amazed if Marcus Johnson "makes waves" on the gridiron. I'd almost bet that Michael gets injured once again and cannot play even half of the season.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2360e0d7 said:
Doesnt mean anything, but Eagle fans dont seem to like this trade either. They dont want Bennett.

There are racist Eagles fans, too.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Bennett's focus seemed to be more on social issues last year than the field. A guy making that much money, making that big of a ruckus, and even though he was injured his production slipped are all signs he was out the door.

"Squeaky wheels gets the grease"

flmmkrz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1afagit8 said:

my buddy is a huge eagles fan and his favorite hobby was ripping the hawks and Bennett in particular was his top target. He is just devastated this morning. Doesn't matter how much Bennett could help their team it's all about the person that Bennett is and the circus he creates, they don't want any drama on their team as it's peaking.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I would much rather have the 7th round pick than Marcus Johnson. The 7th round pick would have four years of team control, would probably be younger, and might have the possibility to amount to something in the NFL. Marcus Johnson is like a hundred other journeyman who will be available on the waiver wire.

penihawk

Reaction score
When it comes to the Hawks cap situation its a case of age+salary+injuries+production+big mouth= GONE. This team is due for a retool and is getting one. Didn't get the best of the trade but it sounds like thats the market for a 32 year old more interested in activism than football. We sure werent gonna reap the benefits of the 3 yrs left on his deal. Not sorry to see him go.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm sure this will make people happy.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JacksonKJR/status/971507338988240897[/tweet]

flmmkrz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3nvjry3f said:

this better be wrong

hawknation2018

Reaction score
HawkFan72":fngq54d3 said:

Why lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl when you can just lose to the Eagles? :shock:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1bgxzipc said:

No way they would pass on that deal............would they???

[tweet]https://twitter.com/worklessonon/status/971510995704320000[/tweet]

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
flmmkrz":vnbsn5va said:
HawkFan72":vnbsn5va said:

this better be wrong

Doesn’t even make sense. The difference in comp there is big.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I'm going to feel better about this if the Sheldon Richardson deal gets done soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.