Bennett is not going anywhere.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
He's moving like he's pretty banged up, doesn't seem to be having fun either. My guess is, he walks.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
His age and injuries mean he shouldn't be an every down player any more. He can still contribute in a more limited pass rushing role, the question becomes how much does the front office want to pay him for that role.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Let him get healthy and be in a rotation.
The guy balls out all game hurt.
To me he is worth keeping another year.

massari

Reaction score
No point in trading Bennett unless they can get at least a 3rd rounder. If a Carl Lawson falls to the 4th though, jump all over that.

original poster

Reaction score
massari":1blhfrm6 said:
No point in trading Bennett unless they can get at least a 3rd rounder. If a Carl Lawson falls to the 4th, jump all over that though.

I’d say Bennett’s value stops at a 4th rounder, personally.

There are many other players money I’d rather be off the cap than MB’s.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":17czdqzy said:
massari":17czdqzy said:
No point in trading Bennett unless they can get at least a 3rd rounder. If a Carl Lawson falls to the 4th, jump all over that though.

I’d say Bennett’s value stops at a 4th rounder, personally.

There are many other players money I’d rather be off the cap than MB’s.

With Jordan right there to fill his shoes, I agree 110%

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3b8cw5lk said:
His age and injuries mean he shouldn't be an every down player any more. He can still contribute in a more limited pass rushing role, the question becomes how much does the front office want to pay him for that role.
He is already under contract and paid as an every down player. Unless he is willing to renegotiate his contract he needs to do the job he contracted. He is a very good player but not an elite one so he can be replaced. He also brings more than his share of distractions.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah Dion Jordan is gonna be a star for us I reckon.

Dude is seriously committed to the team as well, he owes them big style.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
He plays one more season but is moved to more of a situational player - an expensive one.

He represents the defense as a whole - banged up, whiny, and costing a ton of $$$$.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
No way they just cut Bennett. His value is way to high. They could easily trade him. If he goes, it will be a trade not a cut.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He's lost two steps. I won't miss his stupid senseless offside penalties that's for damn sure.

I WILL miss his wreaking havoc when he's not injured. Sad truth. Our favorite players get old (football old) and we have to move on.

NEXT MAN UP!

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1sepsveg said:
Yeah, I think the players are just really disappointed right now and feeling insecure about the potential changes that will be made this off-season.

Bennett had a disappointing year due to his injuries, but he still led the team in sacks and played a large percentage of the snaps even with the injuries.

Good post.

Earl acted the same way when he broke his leg. Players are people too and have emotions. It was a disappointing end to a disappointing, injury plague season.

I feel disappointed too. And from the tenor of the posts on.NET, most people on here feel the same way.