Gabe Jackson is a liability

seabowl

Reaction score
In my opinion he is the weak link on the OL. Center not good too but Jackson is a turnstile that gets beat often and would hope the Hawks replace him with either a high pick or FA. He’s got 1 year on his contract left, $4.7 mil dead cap and will be 32 years old.

Replace him and watch the O be much better.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
In my opinion he is the weak link on the OL. Center not good too but Jackson is a turnstile that gets beat often and would hope the Hawks replace him with either a high pick or FA. He’s got 1 year on his contract left, $4.7 mil dead cap and will be 32 years old.

Replace him and watch the O be much better.

The OL will be much better with another year under the belt for Lucas and Cross. Jackson and Blythe are weak links but putting in a rookie guard and center to replace them will not necessarily make the OL "better" next year. A FA signing would be the solution but that costs cap space and I'd rather see cap space used on a FA LB.

flv2

Reaction score
Jackson was guaranteed $6M in 2022. Cutting him cost the same as keeping him and no team was interested in acquiring his contract. He's due $6.5M in 2023 but there are no guarantees or roster bonuses. The Seahawks can release him without cost at any time before Week 1 of the 2023 season. No reason to make an early decision unless they desperately need the cap space. I don't expect to see him on an NFL Week 1 main roster.

Jville

Reaction score
Gabe Jackson is a warrior. I don't know exactly what the condition is with that troublesome knee he has been dealing with. But, the Seahawk staff staff did a terrific job of helping him get thru the season. Too bad Phil Haynes couldn't finish out the season as a game day participate. There is no immediate urgency in cutting Gabe or resigning free agent Phil Haynes.

Like many others, I anticipate they will turn the page at right guard. We will see plenty of fresh competition in 2023.

Last edited:

hawker84

Reaction score
Need to upgrade at both guards and center. Interior line was a turnstile most of this season.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jackson is past his time. It was his man that caused the fumble on Geno. Armstead was blowing him up early too. Our offense seemed to run better this year when Haynes was in. Bring Haynes back on an affordable deal and draft a rookie Guard.