Bennett Re-signed with Seahawks 4 years 28.5mil!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jville":uqjjc63i said:
I like the numbers. The $7.125 million per year is within what I figured was a 2014 maximum for Bennet of $7.55 million .... and spot on for a system built on a principle of rotational consisting of multiple packages. There is no better place for Michael Bennett to be ... who he is ... than Seattle.

These numbers reinforce the assertion that cap discipline in alive and well in Seattle. :th2thumbs:

[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/bennett-turned-down-more-money-from-two-other-teams/[/urltargetblank]

Thanks for the link. Funny comments

"ugh… how long til Wilson’s rookie contract is up?” – rest of the league."

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm not going to say I called it, but I thought we had a WAY bigger chance to keep him than most here did. What gave me optimism is I actually listened to every word he said during interviews. During one interview he hinted at the fact that the 'Costco discount' he referred to was getting less than his current, at the time, contract of 5m/yr.

Regardless of his twitter comment, which was a nice gesture, I think his priorities were as follows.

1. Organization. There aren't many teams that can beat our FA an HC, and the Bears wasn't one of them. How many player say that one of the reasons they love the team is the GM? That's rare.
2. Situation. Sounds like most teams wanted him as an every down DE, which doesn't maximize his abilities. Dan Quinn has so far looked like a DL wizard.
3. Team mates (A VERY close second).

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
A good step forward with Seattle with a still-young player. It's a shame we lost Bryant, but the numbers just weren't there.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ivotuk":1mr2d22t said:
Jville":1mr2d22t said:
I like the numbers. The $7.125 million per year is within what I figured was a 2014 maximum for Bennet of $7.55 million .... and spot on for a system built on a principle of rotational consisting of multiple packages. There is no better place for Michael Bennett to be ... who he is ... than Seattle.

These numbers reinforce the assertion that cap discipline in alive and well in Seattle. :th2thumbs:

[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/bennett-turned-down-more-money-from-two-other-teams/[/urltargetblank]

Those comments made me all warm inside. Man isn't good to be a Seahawk fan?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seahawkfan80":8c228vtm said:
Seahawk Sailor":8c228vtm said:
Apparently Bennett saved about $930 million in taxes by staying here vs. cutting and splitting to Chicago.

MILLIONs SAVED???? oops. maybe 930 THou. I could see that.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Heh. Yea. $930 thousand dollars saved. I sounded like Doctor Evil just then.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
vonstout":34b02fsx said:
It sounds good to have the contact front loaded, but it could mean it's only going to be a 2 or 3 year deal if he outplays the contract. Hope not,but that's today's NFL. Even if that happens, it's still great to have him back!

I think 3 year deal.

He'll have a big cap hit if he were released in year 1 or 2, and he'll only be making $5 million in the 3rd year. If he keeps producing, the team will gladly pay him $5 million again, especially since the cap may be over $150 million by then.

In year 4 the salary jumps to $7 million, so that's when he would probably be released if we needed the money.

Jville

Reaction score
ivotuk":2qly4u9h said:
Jville":2qly4u9h said:

My favorite >>>
For those that say he only had 8.5 sacks, disruption IS production!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Martellus had been talking about his enthusiasm for playing with his brother, and Michael said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that it was tough to break the news to Martellus that they wouldn’t play together after all.

“It was so hard to tell my brother that I was going to re-sign in Seattle but he understood, he knows its best for me,” Michael Bennett said.

Ultimately, Michael decided that he had a good thing going with the Seahawks, and he didn’t want to leave the defending champions.

“Sometimes guys go to different places and sign big time contracts and it just doesn’t work out. I love playing in Seattle,” Bennett said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-chicago/

HawksSoc

Reaction score
'I hear Tampa offered him 16 million a year. Oh wait, that’s Revis, they cut Bennett. Way to go guys, proud to be a fan.'

Lol, poor Bucs fans.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Nice! I'm glad he's back....and most importantly, the Hawks didn't have to give him Everson Griffin money.

Not even close.

MB is a Hawk!

Dtowers

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3ahq0rie said:
Nice! I'm glad he's back....and most importantly, the Hawks didn't have to give him Everson Griffin money.

Not even close.

MB is a Hawk!

actually the guaranteed money is exactly the same taking into account the year difference. The only number that matters really.

Atradees

Reaction score
One more pass rusher....Chris Clemons and we have a fullhouse.(restructure?)

140310_michael_bennett_lg.jpg

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The other best part of that signing is the Bennett trying to get McDaniel and McDonald to stay.

That would be a coup if we could keep our DL together (though I still will miss seeing Red out there).

Not sure how we could afford that but it would be sweet if we could.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I hate to say I told you so but I definately said Bennett would get a Marshawn Lynch type contract.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wait...wasn't he a money loving jerk yesterday and the days prior?

Latest posts