Bennett Re-signed with Seahawks 4 years 28.5mil!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bennett has now produced great numbers for 3 straight years. He's not a one year wonder and he's still in his late 20s.

We signed him for below what most thought he would be signed for. He was a key member of our D-line last year, arguably the MVP of our D-line. If this signing alone would keep up from bringing back Sherman or Earl, the Seahawks wouldn't have done it.

There's is nothing to dislike about this.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":a9rt95sb said:
I didn't want to comment yesterday. I wanted to hide this deep, deep in the thread, and still get it on record. I don't love this. I think it means we can't afford Sherman, and my gut tells me he Bennett isn't going to be as good in the future as he was in 2014. I just want to be on the record as saying that I think we're going to regret this signing.
At least you're consistent (which is more than I can say for myself) but this signing has no effect on extending Sherman or Thomas, especially Thomas. I bet you both are signed,sealed, and delivered before season's end.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tical21":296t39bd said:
I didn't want to comment yesterday. I wanted to hide this deep, deep in the thread, and still get it on record. I don't love this. I think it means we can't afford Sherman, and my gut tells me he Bennett isn't going to be as good in the future as he was in 2014. I just want to be on the record as saying that I think we're going to regret this signing.
the 6 mill in 2015 is only guaranteed with an injury. If he dogs it, he can be cut without much of a penalty. Trust JS and PC. They know what they're doing

Jville

Reaction score
Link to contract details for Michael Bennett and others (OTC/PFF) >>> [urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/otcpff-continuously-updated-free-agent-analysis/[/urltargetblank]

Michael Bennett (SEA)

Contract Details

Four year contract worth $32 million. Bennett received an $8 million signing bonus and a fully guaranteed base salary in 2014. Another $6 million is guaranteed for injury only and will become fully guaranteed if Bennett is on the roster 5 days after the 2014 Super Bowl. The contract also contains roster bonuses in 2016 and 2017 that are earned by participation in games. Base salaries of the contract are $2,000,000(2014), $6,000,000(2015), $4,000,000(2016), and $6,000,000(2017).

The difference in the 28.5 and 32 figures reside within the unspecified "game participation" reference.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I hope Bennett is going to be happy. It's becoming more and more obvious that he probably would have gotten a lot more than just 500k or a million more in guaranteed money. Broncos just gave crazy guaranteed money to Ware and with how old Ware is I'd rather have 3 years of Bennett than 3 years of Ware.

Latest posts