Bennett/Seahawks agree to Extension

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Excellent, hope it's true!

3yrs, $33m is what Gee says he's hearing on 710

Polk738

Reaction score
It's been stated in the contract that Bennett is only allowed two pumps per sack in a game

mrt144

Reaction score
So he's going to play on both D Line and Offensive Line right?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That is a great, great, great signing. We just got Michael Bennett signed on Michael Brockers money.

Hell yes!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Awesome news, and looks like a team friendly deal.

Next is Avril and Kam.

cosmicdebris

Reaction score
This is such great news. I expected this to drag on this off season with Bennett digging his heels for Vernon or Cox money. I respect Bennett a ton for how he has acted through all of this.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Good signing. That's way less than he deserves compared to what what Suh, Watt, Dareus, Vernon, Miller, and Houston make

iigakusei

Reaction score
That is a great deal for the Hawks - worth every penny.
Nice!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
cosmicdebris":29ichtmy said:
This is such great news. I expected this to drag on this off season with Bennett digging his heels for Vernon or Cox money. I respect Bennett a ton for how he has acted through all of this.

Good point.

Bennett did complain there for a while last year, but he's never wavered on continuing to grind and play on a contract he thought wasn't good enough for his play....................unlike other so called team leaders on the Hawks.

So I give him props for that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
London12":23mbl6ar said:
What does it mean for Kam though?

I think Kam and Avril are next for extensions...............hopefully Kam has come to his senses and isn't going to demand Earl type dollars like he did before when he held out.

Although I'd like to see a 1-2 year extension for Kam. Too much risk with injury for a monster 3-4 year extension.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14azswfn said:
cosmicdebris":14azswfn said:

Good point.

Bennett did complain there for a while last year, but he's never wavered on continuing to grind and play on a contract he thought wasn't good enough for his play....................unlike other so called team leaders on the Hawks.

So I give him props for that.

No one was ever going to pay him that much, being 31 yo de/dt.

He will get near franchise money (guaranteed cash flow) from us in the first year, I am sure he is stoked. He probably only has a season or two left. I am sure it is structured in a way where there is minimal cap damage (when he retires) on the back end, too.

Win/win.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Bennet deserves it.
Kam will probably get paid too. These guys are keeping us in games.
If we could only throw the ball more to Jimmy G...

zchurch74

Reaction score
This is a good deal compared to other players. I know he has been hurt but after this year I'm not sure if he is still Elite status. I would have been okay letting him go and signing a mid-range defensive lineman. But I do agree with this signing we got him at steal.

I do agree he will complain in June or maybe sooner