Best offense has looked in a long time

TraderGary

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":8y8ioder said:
Jville":8y8ioder said:
pittpnthrs":8y8ioder said:
Jville":8y8ioder said:
:34853_doh: Ya got to pay attention to injuries and roster churn and the week to week differences in the strengths and weaknesses of opponents. It's not a board game. Real live match ups are always changing.

Pay Attention

Come on man, crawl out from under that rock. An offense doesnt do an about face for an entire season after the first game due to injuries, roster churn, and week to week differences by the opponent. An offense does do an about face when a head coach comes out and publicly announces that the OC is on board now with how he wants things ran after the first game though and the offense reverts back to the same old tired, predictable garbage we see every year once 'Pete Ball' is instilled.

Pay attention indeed.

The churning of game plans. Player roster churn. Coaching roster churn. Scouting roster churn. Every season of every year is different.

So sorry your unable to keep up with current events.

Lol. An entire offense just doesnt change after the very first game for the entirety of the season due to those reasons. There will be similarities along the way regardless. After the first game, the tempo and motion were gone. The team resorted back to the old familiar 'Pete Ball' formula again. How can you consider yourself a fan of this team and be so blind to that?
Pittpnthrs and Fade are absolutely right. It's so obvious I seriously don't know how others cannot see this if they're paying any attention at all.

I'll never understand this blind devotion to Pete and the refusal to acknowledge his obvious shortcomings. He's one of the worst game day coaches and strategists in the entire league. He does less with more than just about anyone else I can think of, due to his outdated schemes and philosophies, not to mention his "play not to lose" mentality.

Jville

Reaction score
TraderGary":2za1a5te said:
pittpnthrs":2za1a5te said:
Jville":2za1a5te said:
pittpnthrs":2za1a5te said:
Come on man, crawl out from under that rock. An offense doesnt do an about face for an entire season after the first game due to injuries, roster churn, and week to week differences by the opponent. An offense does do an about face when a head coach comes out and publicly announces that the OC is on board now with how he wants things ran after the first game though and the offense reverts back to the same old tired, predictable garbage we see every year once 'Pete Ball' is instilled.

Pay attention indeed.

The churning of game plans. Player roster churn. Coaching roster churn. Scouting roster churn. Every season of every year is different.

Lol. An entire offense just doesnt change after the very first game for the entirety of the season due to those reasons. There will be similarities along the way regardless. After the first game, the tempo and motion were gone. The team resorted back to the old familiar 'Pete Ball' formula again. How can you consider yourself a fan of this team and be so blind to that?
Pittpnthrs and Fade are absolutely right. It's so obvious I seriously don't know how others cannot see this if they're paying any attention at all.

I'll never understand this blind devotion to Pete and the refusal to acknowledge his obvious shortcomings. He's one of the worst game day coaches and strategists in the entire league. He does less with more than just about anyone else I can think of, due to his outdated schemes and philosophies, not to mention his "play not to lose" mentality.

More myth building.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":iosv0avi said:
Jville":iosv0avi said:
pittpnthrs":iosv0avi said:
Jville":iosv0avi said:
:34853_doh: Ya got to pay attention to injuries and roster churn and the week to week differences in the strengths and weaknesses of opponents. It's not a board game. Real live match ups are always changing.

Pay Attention

Pay attention indeed.

This^^^^

9er4life

Reaction score
GeekHawk":39mdp4rq said:
I just looked up all the Lions' scores this year. **Nobody* else put up 50+ points on them. The iggles and forty-whiners scored 44 and 41 respectively, and even the vaunted green bays only scored 35. Pretty much the same Detroit D in every game, I would think.

OTOH, only the forty-whiners and tards allowed them to score more points than we did, and the viqueens allowed the same points (33, 30, and 29 points respectively).

I would say that against a common opponent, our O is really good when being called correctly and there is no hope for our D with this DC. That last part is for way more than this game though...

How many games did they play with 3rd string QB

Jville

Reaction score
John63":3vs5smks said:
Jville":3vs5smks said:
John63":3vs5smks said:
Jville":3vs5smks said:
Encouraged to follow up a positive point, I invested a few moments to count the number of explosive plays the Seahawks offense had during the Detroit game.

Pete Carroll and his staff have long since defined explosive plays as follows: a run play which gains 12 or more yards or a pass play which gains 16 or more yards.

Rashaad Penny had 5 explosive runs while Russell Wilson was on the throwing side of 5 explosive passes. IIRC that's the kind of balance that pleases the staff.

Yes but.it was the first time we saw the Waldron offense for a whole game. The question is will we again or was that a 1 off and we go back to the same old same old.

:177692: Nonsense.

It's worked wonderful for decades. It's a timeless feature of a balanced Seattle offense. Shawn Alexander, among others, was excellent at delivering explosive running plays.

Well since I said Waldron common sense says I am talking about this year.

LOL .... more nonsense.

Chronologically your all over the place from post to post ..... you use whatever tickles your fancy.

JGreen79

Reaction score
The pre-snap motion is the confusing part. It worked in week one and then disappeared until now. Imo it's the main reason they drafted Eskridge. When he got hurt it's almost like they didn't teach anyone else on the roster to back up that part of the playbook, which is a massive coaching blunder.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
9er4life":15n76xzv said:
GeekHawk":15n76xzv said:
I just looked up all the Lions' scores this year. **Nobody* else put up 50+ points on them. The iggles and forty-whiners scored 44 and 41 respectively, and even the vaunted green bays only scored 35. Pretty much the same Detroit D in every game, I would think.

OTOH, only the forty-whiners and tards allowed them to score more points than we did, and the viqueens allowed the same points (33, 30, and 29 points respectively).

I would say that against a common opponent, our O is really good when being called correctly and there is no hope for our D with this DC. That last part is for way more than this game though...

How many games did they play with 3rd string QB

I didn't see their 3rd string QB on the field when they were on defense. Did I miss something?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Don't care who you're playing, 51 points, and taking a knee to avoid 58? That's pretty solid regardless.