Best opponent remaining

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawks46":7hwmeh0d said:
It doesn't matter how these teams play other teams, it's how they match up and play against us.

Eagles have a good DL. That typically gives us problems. We're at home so I expect to win it, but our defense isn't quite right and it's not going to be an easy game. I won't be suprised or overly upset if we lose to them.

GB. They are having an off year, but they're (were) hard to run on and play very tough at home. That won't be an easy game, and once again I won't be surprised if we lose.

AZ will be a tough game for us. Their DL gives us fits and we didn't pass well against them this year. Wilson being more mobile might make a big difference. I expect us to win this one at home, but the Cards have a lot of confidence up here.

Rams always make us look bad. They really get up for our game, and they aren't out of the running for the division.

Panthers are not like last year's version, but they are running the ball really well, and that's the formula to beat our defense this year. We usually match up well against them ,but I can see them racking up 150 yards on the ground and beating up our D.

I counted the NE game as a loss. I figured we'd lose even before the season, and the way we've been playing lately I didn't figure we had a chance. I see us winning 11 games. Looking at the schedule, it's not inconceivable we run the table, they all look very winnable, but I predict 11 at this point.

Our defense isnt quite right? We held the best offense in the NFL (since Brady returned) to 24 points at home and forced two turnovers.

Yes they bend but I believe we are number one in scoring defense again

sdog1981

Reaction score
I have a feeling if the Panthers lose they will be in full on give up mode.

You just never know which Packers team is going to show up but that defense looks really bad.

Rams will play in their second Super Bowl aginst the Seahawks.

The Cards always seem to win when they come up here and the Seahawks always seem to win down there. A very odd series.

Erebus

Reaction score
johnnyfever":19k6z52p said:
Dallas still has redskins, vikings, lions, eagles. These are streaky teams and the eagles and vikes have a good defense. We could be in the drivers seat for homefield if we win next weeks game and play like we did tonight.

Disagree. They can't be in the drivers seat until the Cowboys lose two more games. Don't count another team's losses until they happen.

potatohead

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":130ft87w said:
NFSeahawks628":130ft87w said:
Green Bay for obvious reasons. On the road there in December? No thanks.

I do agree that the Eagles will be tough but they are turnover prone and are no where near the matchup we faced tonight.

Yeah, I am torn on this one. Yes they lost to the Titans today but they are huge underachievers and I cant remember the last time we won in Lambeau

The Hawks opened either the 2014 or 2015 season against GB, pretty sure at Lambeau, and smashed them.

sdog1981

Reaction score
potatohead":1p3he1wb said:
WestcoastSteve":1p3he1wb said:
NFSeahawks628":1p3he1wb said:

I do agree that the Eagles will be tough but they are turnover prone and are no where near the matchup we faced tonight.

Yeah, I am torn on this one. Yes they lost to the Titans today but they are huge underachievers and I cant remember the last time we won in Lambeau

The Hawks opened either the 2014 or 2015 season against GB, pretty sure at Lambeau, and smashed them.

No they played at Green Bay in week 2 2015 and lost.

potatohead

Reaction score
sdog1981":1p458oxm said:
potatohead":1p458oxm said:
WestcoastSteve":1p458oxm said:
NFSeahawks628":1p458oxm said:

No they played at Green Bay in week 2 2015 and lost.

Ok just looked it up, they beat them game one of 2014 36-16 but it was in Seattle

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Eagles could be tough. I could see the team going through a bit of a letdown after putting a lot of emotion into this game. They probably had the Pats circled on their calendar. The week after a big, emotional win could set up a trap against a very good Eagles team.

Hope the Hawks are ready.

Rob12

Reaction score
The Eagles secondary is a dumpster fire. RW and the WR corps should abuse them. They did look good against Atlanta today, but the Falcons will now be in their usual second half meltdown mode.

I think Wentz is in for a rough day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks46

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":va1ctmob said:
Hawks46":va1ctmob said:
It doesn't matter how these teams play other teams, it's how they match up and play against us.

Eagles have a good DL. That typically gives us problems. We're at home so I expect to win it, but our defense isn't quite right and it's not going to be an easy game. I won't be suprised or overly upset if we lose to them.

GB. They are having an off year, but they're (were) hard to run on and play very tough at home. That won't be an easy game, and once again I won't be surprised if we lose.

AZ will be a tough game for us. Their DL gives us fits and we didn't pass well against them this year. Wilson being more mobile might make a big difference. I expect us to win this one at home, but the Cards have a lot of confidence up here.

Rams always make us look bad. They really get up for our game, and they aren't out of the running for the division.

Panthers are not like last year's version, but they are running the ball really well, and that's the formula to beat our defense this year. We usually match up well against them ,but I can see them racking up 150 yards on the ground and beating up our D.

I counted the NE game as a loss. I figured we'd lose even before the season, and the way we've been playing lately I didn't figure we had a chance. I see us winning 11 games. Looking at the schedule, it's not inconceivable we run the table, they all look very winnable, but I predict 11 at this point.

Our defense isnt quite right? We held the best offense in the NFL (since Brady returned) to 24 points at home and forced two turnovers.

Giving up 3rd and 25 and 3rd and 16 conversions isn't right.
Teams are running on us a lot more.
We've given up an average of 24.5 points the last 4 games.
We gave up a career game to Tyrod Taylor.

All I'm saying is that we've been much more dominant recently. They're good, but not as dominant as they were. Kam coming back and Bennett coming back should make a difference.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm not worried about beating the best team, whomever that is.

I'm worried about losing to the worst team, whoever that is.

Strange game of matchups

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2tqfqfsm said:
I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to the Eagles. It will certainly help to have them at home coming off a big win today.
I don't think too many folks around here are thinking about how tough this game was for the Seahawks; I mean, they had a short week to prepare for this East Coast game against a 7&1 Patriots team, that had two weeks to get healthy and prepare for this contest.
It isn't going to be a walk in the park for the Eagles, as the Seahawks seem to be hitting their stride, and finally playing like a more complete TEAM.
Watching how they battled it out with the Patriots was inspirational......Who woulda thunk this three weeks ago eh?

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawks46":2kzsldvj said:
WestcoastSteve":2kzsldvj said:
Hawks46":2kzsldvj said:

Giving up 3rd and 25 and 3rd and 16 conversions isn't right.
Teams are running on us a lot more.
We've given up an average of 24.5 points the last 4 games.
We gave up a career game to Tyrod Taylor.

All I'm saying is that we've been much more dominant recently. They're good, but not as dominant as they were. Kam coming back and Bennett coming back should make a difference.

Yes, but in how many of those games was the defense on the field for roughly two-thirds of the game? 47 minutes on the field (without allowing a TD) took a heavy toll.

We've played some good offenses, too. In a league that is geared for good offenses to thrive.

I expect the defense to build on tonight and getting that swag back. Given the circumstances, they've been amazing this year even if the numbers don't quite bare that out.

Latest posts