OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Here's one I forgot, Travis McNeal.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In team history??? Interesting question.

None of them have been really really good TEs. It’s a position the team has struggled with to find ‘that guy’over the whole life of the franchise. The team never has had ‘that guy’. This is the reason why we have been excited about Dissly and should be curious about Olsen.

My answer is Mike Tice,historically ( many won’t even remember how good he really was it was long ago), though in terms of modern Seahawks players Miller was better at his position than Graham b/c he could actually block, but was slow, Graham was a very large receiver playing inside and useless as a blocker but he was a red zone force when Bevell finally, after years of misuse, figured out how to use him properly. Two very different players.

uncle fester

Reaction score
That Graham holds all those team records and only played 2 full seasons and 11 games in another is a damning indictment on the team history at the position...

I'd go with Miller as an all-round player, though he wasn't on the team for much longer.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Man, Zach Miller was so underutilized here, it was a joke. I get he was an awesome blocker, but he was an even better pass catcher. His time in Oakland was a testament to that. Blame Pete, John, and Cable for not teaching/drafting turd o-linemen, this causing them to take away their biggest receiving weapon to help the Inept.

Itula Mili was one who I always felt was underappreciated here. He was very solid.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Zach Miller but I'm hoping the best ever is on our current roster.

Own The West

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham was a worthless tight end. Wouldn't block. Soft. Couldn't break a tackle. Only way he ever scored is if Russell hit him in the chest in the end zone, then he celebrated like he ran through the whole team. Pathetic.

Tice and Miller could at least play the position. If Miller had gotten 100 targets a season like Graham, this wouldn't even be a thread.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wait a minute... TE or OT? In this case, OT means, "Outside Tackle", which is the position the Seahawks have staffed the last few decades. Chucka Knox (there's a song for that) started the OT position, and it's hard to remember the bleak 90's, the time between Knox and Holmgren. Holmgren actually tried to put real TEs on the field, but the power running game led to OT-TE hybrids at times too. I think they must be cheaper than real TEs. Pete Carroll has been about 50-50 on OT's vs TEs, with Jimmy Graham being the unusual case. Most of us agree it took Carroll/Bevell a couple wasted years to figure out how to even use Jimmy, as he was more WR than TE.

Mike Tice was perhaps the best of the Outside Tackles, and Zach Miller was the best OT-TE hybrid we ever had. Hey, we won SB48 with him on the field, IIRC, along with a super-crappy OL with rookies Bailey and Bowie, so that's an argument for Miller right there. Maybe Miller was the best OT too after all.

If Will Dissly can come back and stay healthy, he was sure a perfect OT with TE passing game abilities. Crossing my fingers and hedging my bets. If he can stay healthy the next 10 years, we'll be talking about his induction into the Seahawks Ring of Honor, and maybe more.

Props to those who dredged up blasts from the past like Itula Mili, who had some great games, but IIRC, was too-often injured, and Charle Young, from the Knox days. And Throwdown even tosses out Anthony McCoy, who DID have one Really Good Season for us at TE.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KinesProf":135bhjwy said:
Jimmy Graham. Seahawks all time leader in receptions, yards and touchdowns by a TE. Made the Pro Bowl in 2/3 seasons as a Seahawk , and the season he didn't make the Pro Bowl ended prematurely with a knee injury.
Absolutely. We were also too stupid to use him effectively. I bet he regrets having come here. :(

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dfs1dbr said:
KinesProf":3dfs1dbr said:
Jimmy Graham. Seahawks all time leader in receptions, yards and touchdowns by a TE. Made the Pro Bowl in 2/3 seasons as a Seahawk , and the season he didn't make the Pro Bowl ended prematurely with a knee injury.
Absolutely. We were also too stupid to use him effectively. I bet he regrets having come here. :(

It was a career killer for him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jimmy still got paid, and had a seaplane commute to practice at one point. Having trouble shedding tears for him.

Nunya

Reaction score
Jerramy Stevens - He could take a knee with the best of them:

[youtube]XT1EiEKOlzE[/youtube]