Bevell is the man!

ivotuk

Reaction score
RussB":3kjeiz94 said:
He drew up some creative plays. The one to tre madden was good defense never saw it coming that was a critical play. You have to understand that even if the runs arent working you still have to call them to keep the defense honest so they dont expect a pass every time.

Bevell did a good job of drawing up plays to spread the ball around and wilson did usual wilson stuff when plays broke down. I just want them to unleash graham a little more now he still has potential to be a serious threat.

That was a great play. Madden kept looking around like "Am I really this wide open?"

edogg23

Reaction score
This team has some serious studs when you air the ball out and let Russell be Russell This team can obviously score points when they need to. It would be nice if they let it continue in the future and not go back to 3-out over and over again trying to run the ball.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay what is the "Dilly! Dilly!" reference? I heard several fans saying that as we were leaving the game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":zm69ub87 said:
Okay what is the "Dilly! Dilly!" reference? I heard several fans saying that as we were leaving the game.

[youtube]9mGNhvkVT8Q[/youtube]

The strangest things catch on.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1l7df4dp said:
stang233":1l7df4dp said:
Bevell still sucks. One of the worst called games I have ever seen. This was all on Russ.

So Graham's first TD where Bevell fooled the Texan's defense into thinking it was a run play with the run formation, then used Baldwin's double team on the right to clear out the corner so all Russell had to do was throw to the corner without even seeing if Graham was open first?

That's all Russell? Riiiiight.
Or the 2 trips to the RZ before that when he schemes a wide-open Rawls and McKissic and Russ's ball placement is off.

Madden, Graham, Willson wide open in the middle of the field. Laugh-out-loud open. Guys on deep routes coming free all day long.

Russ made some plays with his feet, the first TD to PRich being one, but he made serious hay on schedule inside the pocket and there was a good mix of shorter-developing plays to help out Odhiambo.

Bevell killed it yesterday.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I have dumped on Bevell quite a bit but I will give him his props for yesterday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawk45":365z8qcb said:
Sgt. Largent":365z8qcb said:
stang233":365z8qcb said:
Bevell still sucks. One of the worst called games I have ever seen. This was all on Russ.

So Graham's first TD where Bevell fooled the Texan's defense into thinking it was a run play with the run formation, then used Baldwin's double team on the right to clear out the corner so all Russell had to do was throw to the corner without even seeing if Graham was open first?

That's all Russell? Riiiiight.
Or the 2 trips to the RZ before that when he schemes a wide-open Rawls and McKissic and Russ's ball placement is off.

Madden, Graham, Willson wide open in the middle of the field. Laugh-out-loud open. Guys on deep routes coming free all day long.

Russ made some plays with his feet, the first TD to PRich being one, but he made serious hay on schedule inside the pocket and there was a good mix of shorter-developing plays to help out Odhiambo.

Bevell killed it yesterday.

That's the MO of Bevell haters though. They either don't understand that executions is just as important as scheme/playcalling for success..........or I could argue execution is even more important.

But then again, why let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.

I criticize Bevell while watching, but to say 41 pts with 4 TD's had ZERO to do with Bevell? That's laughable it's so lame.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not even close to a Bevell fan. But, he deserves some credit for some of the play calling. That can't all just be coincidence that they were able to throw up 34 points of offense.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
See Atlanta 2016 > Shanahan
See RG3 w/Shanahan

See Atlanta 2017 > Sarkisian
See RG3 w/o Shanahan

I think the defenders and the detractors overreact to Bevell according to their preconceived bias, while I think his ability lies somewhere in between the two extremes.

Personally, I believe we could move a smidge closer to 2016 Atlanta (keep in mind they were something like top 10 all time last year) with a better O Coordinator. A kick ass O coordinator would blow the top off our talent. Bevell dials up pretty predictable scenarios that rely heavily on Wilson's/(Farve's) ability to create. To my mind, Bevell's only real success has been with Wizardish QBs that sandlot the shit out of the other squad.

A really good O-Co can consistently beat you with slightly lesser talent and humiliate you with superior talent. Bevell needs = to > to consistently win. Doesn't make him horrific. Doesn't mean he's helping Wilson/this team hit their full potential either.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This was a good example of a game where we focused on pushing a strength against an opponent's weakness.

The Texans have a pretty spotty secondary.

Running against that defense made no sense, and given our fantastic group of receivers - we thankfully pushed actually using them. And even better, attempting actual touchdowns.

This was a game that showed what the Seahawks can do, although admittedly against an easier secondary, but trying to come back with runs that were not working were at least shelved.

We don't have a run game, and we likely won't this year. It isn't the backs, as Collins shows, but instead our blocking or lack thereof. So many kudos to Bevell for actually figuring this out and doing something about it.

Credit where credit is due. This was a game that we could have easily lost but for the fantastic work of the offense. So the OC has to get a lot of credit there, especially because a number of key plays were called plays -not just the Russell run around and fix a broken play thing that often we say is the only thing the offense can do.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":iimpkhqd said:
It isn't the backs, as Collins shows, but instead our blocking or lack thereof.

It's both. Collins catching on with the Ravens doesn't say otherwise. He fumbled and sucked here.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":213sqtvi said:
That's the MO of Bevell haters though. They either don't understand that executions is just as important as scheme/playcalling for success..........or I could argue execution is even more important.

But then again, why let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.

I criticize Bevell while watching, but to say 41 pts with 4 TD's had ZERO to do with Bevell? That's laughable it's so lame.

Execution can also fail because the player was being asked to do something he just is not well equipped to do (not making best use of players skills)

Take Jimmy Graham for instance....our $10M blocker 50-60% of the time....just for starters.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2ak6ocgv said:
hawkfan68":2ak6ocgv said:
He was decent but he could have been better if he didn't call those god awful running plays. Kept going to Eddie Lacy. Take the good with the bad.

You must run some in order for play action to even have a chance to work. There weren't too many; just enough.

The fact that Play Action was working at all in the 4th qtr is testament to incompetent coaching. How could our run game cause a DB to bite is beyond me when the DL was completely stifling the run .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":33ybm9g5 said:
The strangest things catch on.

Oh my goodness you're not kidding.

#humansaresillydillydilly :34853_doh:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":2aj64pve said:
Ad Hawk":2aj64pve said:
hawkfan68":2aj64pve said:
He was decent but he could have been better if he didn't call those god awful running plays. Kept going to Eddie Lacy. Take the good with the bad.

You must run some in order for play action to even have a chance to work. There weren't too many; just enough.

The fact that Play Action was working at all in the 4th qtr is testament to incompetent coaching. How could our run game cause a DB to bite is beyond me when the DL was completely stifling the run .

If you watch their D-line, they were stuffing the run by selling out to do so, and every play-action, they bit hard to consistently foil our run-attempts.

They attempted to make us one-dimensional; we took the bait, and pulled them out of the boat. :)

cymatica

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1lvjxtjh said:
HawkerD":1lvjxtjh said:
Ad Hawk":1lvjxtjh said:
hawkfan68":1lvjxtjh said:

If you watch their D-line, they were stuffing the run by selling out to do so, and every play-action, they bit hard to consistently foil our run-attempts.

They attempted to make us one-dimensional; we took the bait, and pulled them out of the boat. :)

Great stuff