The Future is Bright...

LastRideOut

Reaction score
...IF Seattle makes the right decisions going forward. The offense is loaded with talent, with the exception of key positions on the line.

I think the biggest change that needs to be made, is a coaching change. The talent is there on offense. I'd like to see a young offensive minded coach with his handpicked quarterback give a try with this team. This offense is missing a decision maker that works in a methodical manner and can fit balls in tight windows on a consistent basis, like Stafford. Geno is not that guy.

The defense is some ways off though, and could take a couple seasons to get pulled together. I really think Seattle can put themselves in the conversation for a championship if ownership executes a search for a coach that fits the talent they have on offense. Can they cut ties with PC is the big question. I do hope they keep JS and let him pick a coach that he can work well with.

Credit to PC though, he has worked very well with JS. Those two have been in lockstep for over a decade now, and there has been zero reports of disharmony between them. JS has an ability to work well with big personalities, like Pete. I think JS should stay on, and a new coach identified and hired.

I know there is a lot of doom and gloom on here, and I think that is warranted, and will continue to be if Pete stays on during the off-season. But if either Pete steps down or is fired, I think there is cause for optimism IF the Seahawks do not go the re-tread route and hire a has-been coach.