Bezos more interested in buying Hawks than Commanders?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score

Not sure how I feel about it. Obviously he has deep pockets but new owners always scare me.

Wonder if he would be hands on or hands off?

I just picture him trying to implement leadership principles there or something.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think he's smart enough to understand not to make unilateral personnel decisions, I really do. And, we'd immediately be upgraded in terms of AI/Analytic resources. I bet he'd want to revolutionize the game that way, can see that being motivating, aside from being an egomaniac lol bless his shriveled blackened lil raisin heart.

NoGain

Reaction score
Hmmm....comparing billionaire owners...Allen vs Besos...hmmm...the choice is obvious...but at least Besos would give us the richest owner in the NFL...though I don't have a lot of love for the guy...

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
wow. hope this doesn't happen. can't stand the guy. he would be the worst owner, worse than howard schultz (starbucks) was as owner of the sonics. he's not even a fan of football. he just wants to own shit.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I am afraid that Bezos might be the next Ken Behring and that he will try to move the team to China.
Think of it...the Chinese labor market is much cheaper than here in good old America...Our next Linebacker could sign a contract for $1000 "guaranteed". How much is that in "Bezos Bucks"?

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bezos would likely give us a competitive advantage, and Seattle would consistently have the most influential voice in the room on essentially any topic.

It'd just... be a little bit less fun to root for the organization.

It'd fit with the theme of Seattle being headed by a wealthy guy who got his wealth via innovation, but Bezos' brand is decidedly more... cruelly greedy.

chrispy

Reaction score
Honestly, the majority of NFL owners are objectionable in some way. How reprehensible does one need to be in order to stand out from that group? We'll see if the owners force out DSnyder but that's currently within "acceptable". Of course, that's no excuse, but it's the system we all endorse with our choices.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I'm not enthusiastic about Bezos either, but I think we as the Seattle fanbase have been spoiled with the Gold Standard of professional sports franchise ownership ever since Paul, rest his soul, bought the Seahawks in 1996. Unfortunately, whoever the next owner ends up being, will be a step down from what we've enjoyed the last 27 years.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Any new owner is going to be a crap shoot, so there's no sense wringing our hands over one that's rumored to be in the market. The other thing is that Jody has to be willing to sell the team. From everything I've read, even though PA's trust says that both the Blazers and Hawks have to be sold at some point, I haven't seen a timeline on it.

Bezos was known at Amazon as having an autocratic management style, frequently overruling his subordinates. That's not necessarily a bad trait, and it's not clear whether or not he would continue that style as an NFL owner. Bezos knew his business at Amazon because he built it. He won't know professional football anywhere close to the same degree, so if he were to buy the team, I doubt that he'll be a meddlesome, Jerry Jones-style owner.

hawks85

Reaction score
Bezos is a bozo and a scumbag. If that parasite buys the Hawks, I'm done as a fan. I absolutely CAN NOT stand that dude. The team will be moved, I guarantee it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Bezos is a bozo and a scumbag. If that parasite buys the Hawks, I'm done as a fan. I absolutely CAN NOT stand that dude. The team will be moved, I guarantee it.
Your bias aside what media market would he move the team to? Seattle is the 12th-largest media market the next media market without an NFL team is portland which is 21st then St. Lious which is 23rd, then it would be San Diego at 27th.

The NFL is not the NBA that wanted to cut its own nose off to have a team in OKC. The NFL wants its teams to move to major media markets.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be more interested in the Team that I have a chance to purchase than the team I have been barred from bidding on :LOL:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I feel that Bezos is too controversial, and too much in the public spotlight for what I'd prefer to see in an NFL owner.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I feel that Bezos is too controversial, and too much in the public spotlight for what I'd prefer to see in an NFL owner.
The ONLY thing the owners care about is $$$. Bezos has most of it so I don’t think they would kick himont of the party if he crashed it.

seahawks08

Reaction score
The guy is the most frugal when it comes to office spend. He will give free bananas and drip coffee. Bring your own food or buy food from the food trucks around. VMAC from being the Google like will become Amazon. He will also inform incentive based hiring and manage out 10% of the staff through performance improvement plans 🤨

All equipments will be shipped by Prime and team’s official travel partner will now be Amazon Prime flights that will drop them off in delivery hubs and then contracted out to independent driver networks to drop them off on the field.