Big test next week.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not too concerned with the SD running game given our run D, but Rivers is a heady, tall QB that is patient enough to dink and dunk all day against the cover 3, which is the weakness of cover 3 with only 4 players in upper zones. Rivers always plays well against us because of that. Not sure how much we can mix up coverages more than normal, but it will help.

Pass rush will be paramount.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We do have them in our house rather than 90 degree heat in San Diego. So there is that. And the 12s are sensing something good so the house will be rocking.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Mad Dog":357dcdtv said:
We do have them in our house rather than 90 degree heat in San Diego. So there is that. And the 12s are sensing something good so the house will be rocking.
Good point.

mistaowen

Reaction score
For sure, Phil has been awesome this year and really most years. He just finally has a decent supporting cast since the Tomlinson days. He historically has been one of the few guys who picks apart our zone. Can’t have any of those lapses like they did with Jones next week.

Eamon696

Reaction score
It will also be our first home game since the passing of Paul Allen. Hopefully they get his sister or family to raise the flag. That will get CenturyLink and the team rocking!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It's been so long since we've had a home game that Seattle should open up the field after the game for a big homecoming dance.

12s should be chomping at the bit to get out there and yell at someone. Big energy game.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
FWIW, started making it to live games in 09, and the team is 15-0 in that span in games I’ve attended. I’m making it to this game. The team should just give me season tickets if we win this one. ;)

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the late Paul (R.I.P), we could be what the Chargers are: The L.A. Seahawks !!!
NC State (Rivers) vs NC State (Wilson) .
Our NC State QB is better ...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Philip Rivers always plays us well and he's going to get yards, but it's in Seattle and I like the way the team is playing. The Chargers have played pretty bad teams so far.

I'll take Seattle with a home win with confidence.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Our first home game since Paul's passing?

Um, yeah. I like our chances, no matter who it's against.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Our defense is definitely the better, and they're playing at home.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seam pass to the TE the go to Rivers play.

They need to be careful, this will be a emotional day, contain it and let it out on the field and not to early if they can.

Cartire

Reaction score
The crowd will help. Hopefully the weather is good. I don't want *Football to happen. I think our crowd and a confident Team will dominate.

*Football - Aka, Any given Sunday, especially with inclement weather.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Chargers are ranked 21st in DVOA rush defense. Their PFF run defense grade is ranked 26th.

And it doesn’t look like Joey Bosa will be making his return for this game:

The Chargers' wait for Bosa will continue into November, as the injury he suffered in early August is actually considered an eight-to-12-week injury for most players, according to a source.

Despite some improvement, Bosa still has not progressed to the point where he is going to be ready to practice this week and he is not expected to return to the Chargers' lineup in time for next Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks, according to the source.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2510 ... t-progress

D

DomeHawk

Eamon696":1nu7esec said:
It will also be our first home game since the passing of Paul Allen. Hopefully they get his sister or family to raise the flag. That will get CenturyLink and the team rocking!

I will be there with an ample supply of Singer's Saving Grace.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":20sr8z1e said:
Chargers are ranked 21st in DVOA rush defense. Their PFF run defense grade is ranked 26th.

And it doesn’t look like Joey Bosa will be making his return for this game:

The Chargers' wait for Bosa will continue into November, as the injury he suffered in early August is actually considered an eight-to-12-week injury for most players, according to a source.

Despite some improvement, Bosa still has not progressed to the point where he is going to be ready to practice this week and he is not expected to return to the Chargers' lineup in time for next Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks, according to the source.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2510 ... t-progress
So another big game running the football, controlling the clock and churning drives where Rivers shouldn't get 27 chances to beat us. Really should be a win.

Own The West

Reaction score
We owe them for that 125 degree on the field fiasco a few years back. I hope having a week back shakes off the rust and we’re on our ‘A’ game.

Latest posts