Biggest losers following the draft and free agency

bileever

Reaction score
Which Seahawk players have been the most adversely affected by the draft and free agency so far?

Here is my list of the top three:

1. Michael Jackson--probably not the starting CB next year, will probably get beaten out by Witherspoon, and Coby Bryant remains the slot cornerback.

2. Dee Eskridge--most likely to be beaten out by Jaxon Smith Njigba for 3rd WR, but might not have made it anyway.

3. Phil Haynes--likely to be challenged by Anthony Bradford, could very well lose the starting spot to him

Mick063

Reaction score
I really like Michael Jackson. He is tough and has swag. He contests everything thrown his way. He may not start for Seattle, but he is too good not to play. I would find a way to get him onto the field. I personally like his play more than Shaquille Griffin. I'm fine with Haynes as well. I think they both make for quality depth. As far as Eskridge goes, I would release him as soon as some UDFA receiver shows me that he can cover kicks.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think Witherspoon will have the most impact in the slot. He'll have the most impact as a run defender that way, and he's not the most fluid guy in the hips. He has the agility to fix this, but it won't happen overnight.

I'm not ragging on him. I think he's going to make the d better instantly. But there's a great video of Ronde Barber analyzing him on YouTube:

But either way, Jackson is fighting for an outside spot. He'll either be LCB or CB4. It's safe to say Love or Jerick will play around the hash sometimes.

Mick063

Reaction score
I don't ever recall Jackson or Dallas making a bonehead mistake. That is HUGE for special teams. Being stupid can instantly cost you 30+ yards of field position. Dallas is reliable. He isn't going to give the game away. Just do your job, value the football, be situationally aware, understand the rules, and keep the emotions in check. Sometimes that alone makes a player very valuable.

With that in mind: The best thing that ever happened to DK Metcalf was Jalen Ramsey moving on from the Rams. Their little private feud was bound to eventually cost Seattle a playoff spot at the worst possible moment. I was getting nervous with Carroll having to step in and telling Metcalf to chill out. You might as well pull out a bullhorn and broadcast to every DB in the league that someone can get inside of your head. Alternatively, Jackson is an example of a guy that play with swag and toughness, but still keep his head in the game and not let it get out of hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts