Biggest surprise Seattle could pull in the draft?

Seymour

Reaction score
lukerguy":34ihjdaq said:
Seymour":34ihjdaq said:
IndyHawk":34ihjdaq said:
Maybe RW is on his way out..It can happen do not kid yourselves.

100 to 1 odds for $100 ?? :roll:

Wishful thinking.

Isn't suggesting Wilson may be gone the opposite of wishful thinking?

Not if you are familiar with the posters history of wanting Wilson gone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Beat me to it, plenty of people on here not only want Russ gone, but actually believe the team would be just fine w/out him :?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But, I'm gonna' say my bold prediction will be the Hawks taking Shaquem Griffin in the 3rd round (with a pick they get from a 1st round trade down)

kobebryant

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson would be a shocker, but I'd be really excited with that pick too. Dude is electric.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fguz3xa6 said:
But, I'm gonna' say my bold prediction will be the Hawks taking Shaquem Griffin in the 3rd round (with a pick they get from a 1st round trade down)

Not Bold at all, we have a whole thread in the draft forum about him and he fits everything Pete wants.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I predict that the Seahawks won't (for whatever reason) select a RB until the 60's, many will be sad when Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Jones & Johnson are all off the board. Then what? They pick a RB nobody is talking about; Rashaad Penney who will step in and instantly becomes the Seahawks kickoff returner and lead RB. The Seahawks don 't tend to tip their hand much with whom they show interest, especially on the first 2 days of the draft. Penney will be their early RB pick and I would expect they add 1 or 2 others in the later rounds/UDFA. The major benefit of the Penney selection in the 60's is that the Seahawks may be able to fill other major needs with earlier picks.

chris98251

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1wd752vz said:
I predict that the Seahawks won't (for whatever reason) select a RB until the 60's, many will be sad when Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Jones & Johnson are all off the board. Then what? They pick a RB nobody is talking about; Rashaad Penney who will step in and instantly becomes the Seahawks kickoff returner and lead RB. The Seahawks don 't tend to tip their hand much with whom they show interest, especially on the first 2 days of the draft. Penney will be their early RB pick and I would expect they add 1 or 2 others in the later rounds/UDFA. The major benefit of the Penney selection in the 60's is that the Seahawks may be able to fill other major needs with earlier picks.

Reason is salary and boom or bust percentages, they found Carson in the 7th and feel they have a good feel for RB's, Rawls a UDFA, Busted with Michael high pick in second round, that and when the contract comes up again it will be costly if he succeeds as a 1st rounder but not so much 2nd and lower. Why Lineman are what we go after a lot, base is usually a lot lower whether it's defense or offense. WR's are the same way typically. That's how we can afford good second contracts to guys that look at it as a blessing and not what were seeing right now with Earl. although he would be going into his third but his base started out higher as a first rounder.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Biggest surprise would be actually picking at 18, and not trading down to get more picks.

I would not be surprised at trading Earl, we've already told him we're not giving him the monster extension he's asking for...........so I don't see how this goes any other way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3vc6b708 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/983417899191885824[/tweet]

Shocking.

Only way we don't trade down to get more picks is if we trade Earl and get a 2nd and 3rd, or something like that................and even if we do trade and get picks, we might still trade down if the player John and Pete wanted is off the board.

Cause PC and JS do what they do, stockpile picks and look for mid round value.

hardtack

Reaction score
Seattle trades Russell Wilson to the Giants for Eli Manning and No. 2 pick...then selects Josh Allen QB.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Seattle trades Bobby Wagner to the 49ers for a future 4th round pick and uses it to trade up in the 5th for a DE from University of New Hampshire.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hardtack":1juolage said:
Seattle trades Russell Wilson to the Giants for Eli Manning and No. 2 pick...then selects Josh Allen QB.

Two mediocre QB's for one good one, that's quite the shocking trade.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mistaowen":o0wc0gck said:
Seattle trades Bobby Wagner to the 49ers for a future 4th round pick and uses it to trade up in the 5th for a DE from University of New Hampshire.

Tumblr mrdy178jeZ1rlfsw2o1 250

crosfam

Reaction score
hardtack":p17ni6a1 said:

We are scouting Allen so we can pick him up cheap in 3-4 years after he washes out and attempt a rehab.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hb3yyvw said:
KitsapGuy":3hb3yyvw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/983417899191885824[/tweet]

Shocking.

Only way we don't trade down to get more picks is if we trade Earl and get a 2nd and 3rd, or something like that................and even if we do trade and get picks, we might still trade down if the player John and Pete wanted is off the board.

Cause PC and JS do what they do, stockpile picks and look for mid round value.

If they trade Earl for a 1st, they'll then be trading down with two 1sts.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Trade down, draft Taven Bryan at 24, then trade ET for a 2nd and 3rd and draft Justin Reid in the 2nd and Rashaad Penny in the 3rd. Draft Kyle Lauletta in the 4th, Braden Smith or Wyatt Teller in the 5th, Matthew Thomas in the 5th, Trenton Thompson also in the 5th, Chris Campbell in the 5th, David Wells or Dimitri Flowers in the 7th for TE or TE/FB respectively, and then maybe Troy Apke with the last pick and see if they want to make him a S/CB developmental player just because he's the best athlete at DB in the draft. If Terrell Edmunds is there in the 5th, I may not draft one of those guards at all or maybe just take a guard with the last pick. Highly athletic developmental player, but not a DL convert. Korey Cunningham maybe to play G/T after 2 years training.

EDIT: Actually yeah, if Edmunds is there in the 5th then those gaurds be damned. I'm taking Edmunds. Future starter at SS to go along with Reid. Korey Cunningham can be the last pick.

EDIT: As you can see, I'm not resting on Thompson and Hill as our future safeties. Both have questions.

Latest posts