Bijian Robinson at #20?

12forlife

Reaction score
We have our lead back, no need to use one of our early picks on a backup/comp back, especially with it being a deep group in this draft class. There will be alot of talent available between our picks #123, 151 or 154.

toffee

Reaction score
I’m one of those people that believe a great run game isn’t at all completely on the offensive line.

The RB needs to be talented to very talented to have a great run game.

Think about how excellent Marshawn was and how normal to regular Robert Turbin was.

The difference between the two is strictly, natural god given talent.

I want a great offensive line too but if Seattle believes they can still build a quality line, they need to grab an elite RB at 20 if Robinson is there, if they don’t believe an elite offensive lineman is there.

When Walker went down, Seattle, couldn’t run the ball at all.

That’s a huge problem come December games and possibly January.

Yes, I’m all for Bijan Robinson at 20.
My 2p:
Great OL make average RB look great
Great RBs make average OL look great
Great RBs make poor OL look average.

m0ng0

Reaction score
This offensive lineman in addition to making the running game better will also protect the QB. I want a bruiser and I think we can find them later in the draft.

seafence82

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls do the Giants and Vikings have with those top-10 drafted RBs on their roster?
What a terrible response considering how competitive those 2 teams had been revolving around their running game and other roster deficiencies, and the fact the post is about taking him at 20 and not top10 like both those backs were taken. Obviously taking an RB in the top10 (unless unique circumstance) is a bad idea, mainly because if you are picking that high you need alot of help other than RB who have short careers. The 2005 Seahawks who should have been the champs and 2013 both had dominant run games with 1st round RBs, which also aligns perfectly with our style under Carroll. How many times since Lynch left have we been successful without a strong running game? Almost never. Geno is better suited than Russ, save a few years, to win without a running game, but Robinson is a game changer and for 3-5years with Walker we should have a dominant run game, where its likely one of the def players left on the board barely moves the needle. Look at SF once they acquired McCaffrey or NE without any real threats how they have been competitive with an elite running game.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I actually would grab Roschon if he's still around in say Round 4. He would be a great complimentary back to Walker.

The likelihood of Bijan still being an option at Pick 20 is very low.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
You know how insane Seattle could be with a two headed monster at RB?

It is almost certain a RB (or even multiple) on this roster will succumb to an injury, however, if you have two very talented (Pro Bowl caliber) RBs, you can instill consistent fear in a defense. They will almost certainly have to game plan for both and you know what that does to a secondary? One on ones will almost be given. Or even if it’s zone, there will be a open areas where both backs will almost certainly expose.

It’s almost a given that in todays game, a bellcow back gets injured. If you have one always in the wings, your run game is always a threat.

I think drafting Robinson would be a tremendous pick that would throw the NFC West into a frenzy.

1A. Walker
1B. Robinson

1A. Robinson
1B. Walker

I would even say that Robinson looks right now as the better overall RB compared with Walker.

If I had to choose just ONE right now, I’d rather have Robinson.

I think Robinson is the more complete back.

Chevy

Reaction score
What a terrible response considering how competitive those 2 teams had been revolving around their running game and other roster deficiencies, and the fact the post is about taking him at 20 and not top10 like both those backs were taken. Obviously taking an RB in the top10 (unless unique circumstance) is a bad idea, mainly because if you are picking that high you need alot of help other than RB who have short careers. The 2005 Seahawks who should have been the champs and 2013 both had dominant run games with 1st round RBs, which also aligns perfectly with our style under Carroll. How many times since Lynch left have we been successful without a strong running game? Almost never. Geno is better suited than Russ, save a few years, to win without a running game, but Robinson is a game changer and for 3-5years with Walker we should have a dominant run game, where its likely one of the def players left on the board barely moves the needle. Look at SF once they acquired McCaffrey or NE without any real threats how they have been competitive with an elite running game.
Debating someone that you don't agree with doesn't make it a terrible response.

I have never said, don't ever take a RB in the 1st round. We have a great RB in K9, he was one of the best rookie offensive players last year. So using #20 on a RB this year is a waste of resources. If we didn't have K9, then yes I would definitely want Bijan at #20. We do need better depth at the position and there are good RB prospects that can be had in the middle rounds.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Debating someone that you don't agree with doesn't make it a terrible response.

I have never said, don't ever take a RB in the 1st round. We have a great RB in K9, he was one of the best rookie offensive players last year. So using #20 on a RB this year is a waste of resources. If we didn't have K9, then yes I would definitely want Bijan at #20. We do need better depth at the position and there are good RB prospects that can be had in the middle rounds.
Drafting Robinson and having top tier, possibly, two elite RBs, can be very problematic for defensive coordinators game planning Seattle.

When one goes down, cause it’s probably going to happen cause they are RBs, having another elite RB is an incredible luxury, especially in December with meaningful games or January.

HawksNation

Reaction score
Drafting Robinson and having top tier, possibly, two elite RBs, can be very problematic for defensive coordinators game planning Seattle.

When one goes down, cause it’s probably going to happen cause they are RBs, having another elite RB is an incredible luxury, especially in December with meaningful games or January.
Hypothetically Walker gets hurt first game….

Now your starting RB is DeeJay Dallas. With a UDFA backup. We are drafting a RB for sure. And hopefully a good one.

Chevy

Reaction score

Having 3 elite WRs would be much more problematic for a defensive coordinator. All 3 WRs (Lockett, Metcalf, and 1st round WR) would be on the field at the same time. As opposed to there being 2 elite RBs, only one will be on the field while the other one is on the bench.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Having 3 elite WRs would be much more problematic for a defensive coordinator. All 3 WRs (Lockett, Metcalf, and 1st round WR) would be on the field at the same time. As opposed to there being 2 elite RBs, only one will be on the field while the other one is on the bench.
Who’s the third elite WR?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would love to have Robinson but this is a great class and you can get a very good back later. I don't think it makes football sense but if we did grab him I'd be pumped lol.

godawg

Reaction score
Remember when we took Rashaad Penny at #27 in 2018, when Lamar Jackson was on the board?

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
I would love to have Robinson but this is a great class and you can get a very good back later. I don't think it makes football sense but if we did grab him I'd be pumped lol.
I view Robinson as potentially an elite, generational talent. As a reasonable expectation I see him having a BeastMode type of impact on games, which DID in fact propel Seattle to two SBs and winning one. Without Lynch's unique talents I don't think we even get to EITHER Super Bowl; we most likely lose to 49ers and Packers respectively. Evidence:

I don't see Walker III, as good as he is, being able to be as physical as Robinson in a playoff setting. Walker needs a good O-Line to reach his full effectiveness, and by playoff time, NFL O-Lines are routinely banged up and starting a couple second stringers. Robinson looks like that rare playoff bell-cow back who can, on occasion, make chicken salad out of a chicken-poop O-Line, and make lightning-in-a-bottle difference-making plays.

I do agree the chances are somewhat less than 50% that Robinson makes it to #20, but if he's there, I say he's BPA and difference-maker for next 5 years and Hawks should snag him. Seattle has done well in Free Agency, and some of the Front 7 needs have been addressed. RB is one of the few positions where rookies frequently come in and have an immediate impact; Walker III being the latest poster child.

Maybe the Hawks can find what they need, some RB Thunder to go with Walker III's Lightning, maybe PC/JS have their eye on the second coming of 6th rounder Terrell Davis. Haven't really looked at other backs in this class though this Roschon name keeps coming up; I'll check him out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I view Robinson as potentially an elite, generational talent. As a reasonable expectation I see him having a BeastMode type of impact on games, which DID in fact propel Seattle to two SBs and winning one. Without Lynch's unique talents I don't think we even get to EITHER Super Bowl; we most likely lose to 49ers and Packers respectively. Evidence:

I don't see Walker III, as good as he is, being able to be as physical as Robinson in a playoff setting. Walker needs a good O-Line to reach his full effectiveness, and by playoff time, NFL O-Lines are routinely banged up and starting a couple second stringers. Robinson looks like that rare playoff bell-cow back who can, on occasion, make chicken salad out of a chicken-poop O-Line, and make lightning-in-a-bottle difference-making plays.

I do agree the chances are somewhat less than 50% that Robinson makes it to #20, but if he's there, I say he's BPA and difference-maker for next 5 years and Hawks should snag him. Seattle has done well in Free Agency, and some of the Front 7 needs have been addressed. RB is one of the few positions where rookies frequently come in and have an immediate impact; Walker III being the latest poster child.

Maybe the Hawks can find what they need, some RB Thunder to go with Walker III's Lightning, maybe PC/JS have their eye on the second coming of 6th rounder Terrell Davis. Haven't really looked at other backs in this class though this Roschon name keeps coming up; I'll check him out.

I agree Robinson on paper is better than Walker. If they did take him I'm assuming he would be the 1 at least at some point and Walker would be the two although they could use them like Cleveland uses their two backs. It would be hard not to be excited about Robinson because he does have the potential to change outcomes more so than most backs do.

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't draft Robinson at twenty unless he's far and away the best player available, and there's no option to trade back. Walker is a franchise-caliber back. Sure, maybe Robinson turns out to be a better player. But is marginally upgrading a position of strength a wise investment? I don't think so.

I'd instead look at a guy in the second or third round that can complement Walker—a 3rd down option or a receiving threat. Gibbs and Achane are solid options without costing nearly as much capital as Robinson.